Verizon
Device(s)
Moto X Developer
Targa1.jpg

LTE Tegra chip is all we know so far.
Target ship date - Christmas 2011

Last edited:
Why no, no we haven't wnrussell, why don't you fill us in. :yummy:

Thanks for the pics. This looks like a seriously worthy successor to the Droid X style wise, spec wise too?? Rumored Summer release hopeful?!?!(merely me wishing)

looks interesting? DroidX upgrade or this for another carrier?

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

After enhancing the image some, does the area by the camera say 13MP / AF ?
2r4l6qs.jpg

My guess is that since the Bionic would be out first, then the Droid X2 and Droid 3, that this "Targa" would be a fall/christmass release?
Hopefully it will have the qHD display and dual-core, I see the 2nd camera on top, also has the capacitive buttons across the bottom, HDMI on the side.
The date on the front says 01-18-2010. Has Motorola been working on this thing for that long?
210etk0.jpg

After enhancing the image some, does the area by the camera say 13MP / AF ?
My guess is that since the Bionic would be out first, then the Droid X2 and Droid 3, that this "Targa" would be a fall/christmass release?
Hopefully it will have the qHD display and dual-core, I see the 2nd camera on top, also has the capacitive buttons across the bottom, HDMI on the side.
The date on the front says 01-18-2010. Has Motorola been working on this thing for that long?
210etk0.jpg
I'm calling "fake" on this.
1. The micro-USB port is upside down. Also, the left and right photos are exact mirror images except with the ports added onto the far-left copy.
2. There is a poorly Photoshopped-out "with Google" in the top-left corner of the back. That contradicts the skin on the device.
3. The Verizon 4G logo is wrong because it does not include the LTE on the side. (Logo from Bionic added for comparison. Note proportion issues, too.)
4. Unless the picture was taken on a very uneven surface, the right-most photo shows the phone as lop-sided.
5. The harsh black line cutting off the Verizon Wireless logo on the front of the phone isn't caused by anything in the environment.

Maybe this is what they wanted the DROID X to be? Who knows. But it can't be real.

mwtuad.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the front left hand corner was blacked out on purpose. Could it be the vanilla android device from Motorola. Could have the stock android buttons and be blurless BC blur phones have a different icon for menu button. Just speculating lol.

Last edited:
Andy Garber, We should totally believe you, with having all of 1 post, joining March 2011, and giving your credentials!!!

Thanks for calling one of HF most well known "persons in the know" out like that. Go Fly a kite.

I don't see the micro usb being upside down, when it matches the mini hdmi right above it. The logos, maybe this is a prototype, and maybe the "logo" with verizon wasn't finalized yet, but still put it on there for testing purposes. Didn't think of that with all those detective skills you have...

This... looks good. I dare say bit more intrigued about this than the X2 now. The styling seems nice and has touch buttons. What's up with that camera hood though? I am assuming/hoping that its there to fit a better sensor? Venturing a guess to say this will be out later in the year?

You should research my prior posts before calling that. Sometimes I get the name wrong but never fake. I posted the first pics on the Droid and Xoom also.

Shadow (Droid) : http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/motorola-shadow-glimpsed-in-the-wild-4-1-inch-screen-8mp-camer/

Xoom: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1688261-What-Is-This-Motorola-Tablet

Agreed, and I'll second the fact this pics are not fake. the device is real and will come in due time. Personally out of the 3 device I just saw recently this is the one I like the best. Better looking then the Bionic even IMO. Far as I'm concerned they can keep there D3 & X2 nothing worth while in the updates

Why is the micro usb upside down when it's the same layout as the Droid X?

Sounds like he just created an account just to make that 1 post.

Anyways, I looked at the camera a little closer and it looks more like it's 8MP instead of 13MP.

I would imagine that any information regarding the specs at this point would be mostly speculation seeing as they are hoping to release it by the end of the year. I don't know much about manufacturing cell phones, but I'm thinking there's a good chance parts of the phone (external or internal) could change by the time it's released. Maybe I'm wrong and Motorola already know exactly what is going to be in this phone though. Who knows. Either way, it's exciting to hear about more LTE phones coming into play.

I believe this is the phone I'm waiting for. Especially if it has vanilla Android.

Andy Garber, We should totally believe you, with having all of 1 post, joining March 2011, and giving your credentials!!!

Thanks for calling one of HF most well known "persons in the know" out like that. Go Fly a kite.

I don't see the micro usb being upside down, when it matches the mini hdmi right above it. The logos, maybe this is a prototype, and maybe the "logo" with verizon wasn't finalized yet, but still put it on there for testing purposes. Didn't think of that with all those detective skills you have...

I concur on all statements. Plus this person is obviously clueless when it comes to posted pics of device not released or talked about yet. We've see it many many times where things MUST be blurred out so it is not visable. Example the engineer ID number that gets marked or stamped on device when they get them. It would be a bad bad plan for pics to be posted with that showing as the company could back trace who had the device and how the pics made it out in the public when they were not suppose to be put out there.

Does it have the fingerprint scanner? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

Wow, this looks like it could be my next phone. I can be quite happy with my OG Droid until this is released, especially if we see specs similar to:
1 GB DDR Ram
Quad-core Tegra CPU
Fingerprint scanner
Minimum 16 GB onboard Storage
4.3 qHD display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back