My text tone changed with update but I can't get it back

Relztrah

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
back on Tello after a long hiatus
When I updated to iOS 17 my text tone changed to a water drop sound. My SE2 is set to the standard tri-tone. But that's not what I hear when I receive a text messsage.

Attachments

• text tone.jpg
    text tone.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 80
When I updated to iOS 17 my text tone changed to a water drop sound. My SE2 is set to the standard tri-tone. But that's not what I hear when I receive a text messsage.

Contacts can have text tones set on them. Would your contacts be set to their own tone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contacts can have text tones set on them. Would your contacts be set to their own tone?
No, I don't use that feature. All text message have that same dripping water tone. It's not a problem, but curiously this started happening with the iOS 17 update. That update made a couple other minor changes which I was able to reverse.

Not sure if it’s phone specific, i don’t see the Tri-tone on my 14.

Not sure if it’s phone specific, i don’t see the Tri-tone on my 14.
Look under Sounds & Haptics>Text Tone>Classic

tri-tone location.jpg

I have the old SE 2nd generation. My wife's iPhone 12 also has tri-tone selected, and it's still playing after the update. :befuddled

Clearly this is a First World problem and as long as I hear when a text is sent, I'm fine. It's just curious to me that the update made this change without me doing anything, but it didn't make the change on my wife's 12.

Back