New Add-a-line bonus - 4,000 points

Ad Above Message List

tomseys

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TF/Verizon
Device(s)
iPhone SE 3, Samsung A53 iPhone SE 2, Samsung A51 Nokia 2760 Flip
AAL bonus is now 4,000 points up from 1,000 points..
new (1).JPG

Last edited:
do the cheap bundles on QVC or HSN typically qualify for AAL bonuses ?

am I correct device has to have no previous history and its a limit of 5 per account ?

a few years ago when the bonus was high i did some BYOD AAL but I also some how screwed it up and lost my points, I believe it was from moving some lines to other accounts or cancelling some lines(via combines) too soon after activation.

i may try it again now with bundles that have interesting devices for unlocking.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
do the cheap bundles on QVC or HSN typically qualify for AAL bonuses ?

am I correct device has to have no previous history and its a limit of 5 per account ?

a few years ago when the bonus was high i did some BYOD AAL but I also some how screwed it up and lost my points, I believe it was from moving some lines to other accounts or cancelling some lines(via combines) too soon after activation.

i may try it again now with bundles that have interesting devices for unlocking.

I haven't done it in a long while but yes the bundles would qualifly (like the 2 for $39 deal). No previous history.

IIRC, the lines need to be added to an account that has at least one line already.
So if you have 5 lines per account I think max you could have is 4 AALs pending at one time.

The first line could earn points from being referred.

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah don't move lines or deactivate a line. I think some were able to either move or deactivate as long as they quickly replaced but I would not mess around. Just keep the account still so they can go from pending to available.

anyone with experience know if it has been safe to put an old existing line on a new account and than add four additional lines ?

or would it be better and worth the additional cost to do all 5 new lines ?

anyone with experience know if it has been safe to put an old existing line on a new account and than add four additional lines ?

or would it be better and worth the additional cost to do all 5 new lines ?

I think you could do that. The account just needs to have one existing line to add new lines to. I guess someone can confirm.

Can someone confirm they are actually giving the 4000? Have to add via chat first then activate? Or does activating on the website give the 4000? I'm still dealing with not getting full 7K points for referrals from the last 2 months.

Here are some of the rules from the site btw.

Capture.JPG

As I recall, adding new lines via the website to get the AAL was hit or miss. The best way to do it is by chat - activate the new line by chat - and to use certain language like that you are adding it to your account as a new line.

Sometimes if phone was ordered from Tracfone while logged in the AAL points were automatically added to account.

The pending AAL points in any case should show immediately upon activating the new line.

Crazy8SD is very knowlegable about this.

Last edited:
I remember there used to be a strategy about when to activate the AAL line so this way you could just pay two months, get the AAL points and unlock the phone (if branded). Because the AAL points vest on day 61. And you may not want to pay 3 months for the new line.

I think you would request the rep to just add the new device to your account, you get the pending AAL points, and then activate it maybe a couple of days later. Or something like that. Maybe on the site too. This was also a way to ensure you got the pending AAL before activation.

If you add and activate the new line and pay for just two months, on day 61 the AAL points won't vest because the line deactivated. This happened to a few forum members as I recall.

So by delaying activation slightly you could avoid that and keep your line active through the 61 day vest period. Or pay 3 months. A bundle phone it matters less. But anyway, maybe someone can confirm. As far as unlocking goes, I think two months (60 days) will do it.

Added: of course, you don't want any lines deactivating while there are pending AALs.

Last edited:
My last AAL was in January 2023 so things may have changed. tomseys is correct that it's best to chat with TF and have them add the new device (to be activated later) for you. Once added, you should see pending AAL points right away. Activate the new device before day 61 or the pending points disappear.

You might be better off to just get the new Rewards member 1k bonus plus 2500 referral points, rather than the hit or miss 4k AAL pts.

You might be better off to just get the new Rewards member 1k bonus plus 2500 referral points, rather than the hit or miss 4k AAL pts.

You could do that for the first line of the new account, which would then be the existing line, and then add 4 4K AALs. (I believe).

3500 + 16,000 = 19,500. You would need to make up 500 points for the $300 phone rewards discount.

Last edited:
You could do that for the first line of the new account, which would then be the existing line, and then add 4 4K AALs. (I believe).
You could also do 4X(1k+2.5k) with certainty, instead of 4X4K AAL any of which could be a miss. That's my point.

You could also do 4X(1k+2.5k) with certainty, instead of 4X4K AAL any of which could be a miss. That's my point.

It's generally not a miss if you do it right.

Also, I think you would need to create multiple accounts with no way to combine the points for good phone rewards discounts doing it the way you describe.

That's what AAL's have been used for by many - to buy refurbed iPhone 11's with the $300 phone rewards discount (and possibly use them as AALs) and then sell them or trade them in. Or to buy other phones. And since the points from other accounts can't combine and phone rewards discounts can't stack, you need to get as many points as possible in the single account (20,000) to get the $300 phone reward discount (best deal) or the lesser ones.

Last edited:
That said, I don't know how the system is working now. Just how it was in the past. I guess we'll find out. Might be good to wait a couple of days for the system to update. Good luck to whoever tries it.

It was rarely a miss for TF agents to add new devices. I also think that more points in one account is better than fewer points in multiple accounts.

5k AAL like total wireless or total by verizon has would be a lot better. Nice even 20k and $300 phone discount for 4 lines.
Sitll, better than 1k.

Suppose adding/activating a new TF device while keeping the number from an existing line removed from another account won't be eligible for AAL points?

Suppose adding/activating a new TF device while keeping the number from an existing line removed from another account won't be eligible for AAL points?

I don't think so. You have to be activating a new line which means a new phone number (and new device - or not used with TF).

Last edited:
if recall the last time a couple years ago they went big on AAL points it kept going up until it hit 10,000 and than stay there for quite a while

we will see if this is a repeat. i also seem to feel rewards overall were better, such as much better results from spins and scratches.

perhaps the rewards team just got a budget increase that will make things more attractive in multiple ways

Yeah they were much better. And earlier than that they were completely out of control. It was the wild west. Every night was an adventure. I used two phones.. an android and iphone, and one would get hot and I'd use that 4 times on spin and 4 times on scratch, on the app. People were kind of dismissive of reward games focused on referrals (which were good too.. you get double from the app and site) but you could really make a killing from the scratch and wheel if you felt it out right. One night the wheel broke and I stopped like after 10k points and just stopped spinning because it was just too much. And these vested much faster than referrals. Those were the days.

Who knows. TF is weird. Maybe they will keep raising AAL and maybe inject some excitement in the rewards program again.

Last edited:
Back