New Add-a-line bonus - 4,000 points

Ad Above Message List
But many of the rules or suggestions in general have always seemed wrong or questionable.

Here it states for example:

Capture.JPG

Based on the way how it appears to behave however I think it should probably read, "Add a new device to your account and activate it as a new line within 59 days in order to qualify for points" (lol). I don't now how long you can delay activation for and still get points. I believe Pitflyer had that down to a science if I'm not mistaken.

The AAL vests on day 61 I'm just using day 59 to be safe (lol).

I've read that doing as it is written may not give you points. Like if the rep activated it in a separate rep account and then added it to your account immediately there would be no points. I've read this happened to some people. Maybe Crazy8SD IIRC?

And it seemed to fail a lot when people tried activating it themselves on the website.

I always approached the rep with the first part of it.. please "activate my new phone as a new line and add it to my account" copying the way it was written when the program launched always making sure chat rep knew my account via email or account phone text. I would literally mention it and emphasize it. And I would ask it in reverse too (to please add and activate it). I believe on their end they usually add it first and then activate. And it never failed luckily.

But then it was found out you could just have the chat rep add the new device which triggered the AAL and then you (or rep) could activate later and that worked and maybe even saved you a few bucks if you were ambitious.

Added: of course, if you want to unlock a (TF branded) phone, this happens 60 days after activation and needs to be considered - at least in theory since I think some phones sometimes unlock with less paid time.

Last edited:
Added: also, if the account is left empty after you remove line, you may need a chat reps help to add it back.
I'm not sure if anyone has said they were successful in getting chat to add a line to an empty account. I have never tried. In theory, the rep could verify that you are the owner of the account by sending a text to email. But they don't seem to like that verification method that often.

You are correct and that it could be done through the app for awhile. But it appears they closed that ability. When I tried to even login to an empty account via the app (both Android and iOS) it wouldn't even let me do that.

I'm not sure if anyone has said they were successful in getting chat to add a line to an empty account. I have never tried. In theory, the rep could verify that you are the owner of the account by sending a text to email. But they don't seem to like that verification method that often.

You are correct and that it could be done through the app for awhile. But it appears they closed that ability. When I tried to even login to an empty account via the app (both Android and iOS) it wouldn't even let me do that.

I remember in the past you could get into an empty account and then use that line you got into with as an existing line for 4 AALs. I would find an old empty account with a lot of points - the anniversary bonuses continued accruing for a year or so. So then i would merge one line from one account to it and use it as an existing line, and then add 4 more lines as AALs and then I would vest them. I think i described it in that rewards thread. I think you only needed to respond to text on phone you were merging in when there are no other lines in account. In one case the old account had been "inactive" for 1.5 years.

So about a month ago I removed a line from my account in preparation to merge it to an empty account. But when I tried to do it from the empty account, after reponding to text, it stated to call support. So then I tried to merge back to original account which has another line in it via website and it also stated to call so I tried the app and I got back in. I'm not gonna mess with that again. Had it failed I would have just called the TF corp office.

Regarding the app, i've never been able to merge a line to an empty account that way as far as I can recall. It wouldn't even display an empty account. At least back then. I always did this via website.

Added: in the past, you could merge the line from the receiving account without needing to remove if first from the losing account. But then that changed as I recall and you had to remove whatever you were merging. But it's always changing as far as what you can do.

Last edited:
Regarding the app, i've never been able to merge a line to an empty account that way as far as I can recall. It wouldn't even display an empty account. At least back then. I always did this via website.
Yes, the last loophole was that the Android app only could be used to still get active lines into an empty account. Then that was closed as was described in this thread:

Some blamed AlexTrac for seeing this mentioned here on HoFo and tipping off the tech team.

Ok so I added a Nokia 2760 flip to my account with the help of a chat rep for activation later and I did not receive the 4K AAL points.

I did the previous method of adding the device by chat without activation. Nothing happened to the point balance as fast as I used to recall points being added when I did it previously. But about 7 minutes later of refreshing the balance, it added points but only 500:

1715021964731.png

So now it appears I'll have to call back in and fight for the other 3,500 points. They can never get their system to just work correctly when they have these promotions.

I did the previous method of adding the device by chat without activation. Nothing happened to the point balance as fast as I used to recall points being added when I did it previously. But about 7 minutes later of refreshing the balance, it added points but only 500:

View attachment 174794

So now it appears I'll have to call back in and fight for the other 3,500 points. They can never get their system to just work correctly when they have these promotions.

Yeah that sucks. 500 is the lowest one they give. Yeah in the past it would show pretty much instantly after you added. I knew i was in for fun when I checked it as I was leaving chat and it was not there. I think if I do it again I will try the chat/activate method. Who knows if anything works right.

Maybe you can try calling the TF corp office number 1-800 626-4883 x3324. If it answers "the wireless caller is not available" ...., just call again. I got it added to my account pretty quickly by calling that. Total on phone time was 15 minutes. I had to wait 1/2 hour for someone to call me back about it. Very annoying. In your case it is obviously wrong since the AAL bonus which you did receive is supposed to be 4,000 not 500.

Last edited:

View attachment 174794

Thanks for the report. This is why I held off. Loading up an account with 4 new lines would a huge hassle. Why can't the folks who dream up these promotions connect with the website folks? They still haven't fixed the 25 vs 20 for the survey and it's been months.

In the past I would add a line to my account without activating (via chat). Verify pending points show. Wait 35 days and activate with a one month plan. Points still vest 60 days from adding and stay as long as you have other lines on your account even after aal dies off.

Of course ymmv especially now. When aal dropped to 500 it was not worth it. I can't wait to be done with TracFone so I am avoiding the temptation here.

Maybe you can try calling the TF corp office number 1-800 626-4883 x3324.
Thanks for the number. I did get through after about 7 calls. I talked to someone who called herself a supervisor. She then transferred me to the refund department that handles Rewards points as well. That person claimed they were a manager.

Bascially in 27 minutes, they said that the "manual" on their end doesn't mention anything about 4,000 points for add a line. She does not have access to the consumer Rewards website that clearly shows they are running that promotion. The "manual" only shows that one gets 500 points for AAL.

In addition, there's no way of sending the email that I got that says the promotion of 4,000 points runs through the end of the month.

So I had to hang up after 27 minutes after she tried to definitively tell me there's no way those points are getting added. I could call back, but really don't want to sit through another rep searching in vain for details on the promotion.

I'm going the FCC complaint route.

Thanks for the number. I did get through after about 7 calls. I talked to someone who called herself a supervisor. She then transferred me to the refund department that handles Rewards points as well. That person claimed they were a manager.

Bascially in 27 minutes, they said that the "manual" on their end doesn't mention anything about 4,000 points for add a line. She does not have access to the consumer Rewards website that clearly shows they are running that promotion. The "manual" only shows that one gets 500 points for AAL.

In addition, there's no way of sending the email that I got that says the promotion of 4,000 points runs through the end of the month.

So I had to hang up after 27 minutes after she tried to definitively tell me there's no way those points are getting added. I could call back, but really don't want to sit through another rep searching in vain for details on the promotion.

I'm going the FCC complaint route.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got a bad rep. It happens at all levels of support.

Wow, 7 calls is a lot. Usually I get through immediately. Maybe I'll get that wireless caller message once before getting the correct connection.

I'm sure you'll get it though doing what you will. TF is a real pita sometimes.

There's a TF/FCC complaint department number usually intended to be used for following up on FCC complaints and actions taken.

888 251-8169 PIN # 1120

I wonder though if you called it and explained to the rep that you should have received the current May 4k AAL bonus but only received 500 points and you tried to resolve it by calling the TF corp office who were not helpful and denied it exists meanwhile it's written clearly on the TF website and TF app and you would like to avoid having to contact the FCC to get corrective action taken, if maybe they would fix it up for you.

Someone did that here once to fix up balance issues:

But anyway, however you do it, good luck.

IMG_0531.JPEG

Last edited:
There's a TF/FCC compaint number usually intended to be used to follow up on FCC complaints and actions taken.
I just sent the FCC complaint as I have had good luck in the past going that route. The good thing about the FCC is that one upload attachments. So I uploaded the email that was sent to me advertising the promotion.

Also, the good thing about this is that usually the rep that will be reaching out to respond to the complaint is looking to resolve the issue so they can update the status as handled in the system. So I'm expecting that I will get the 3,500 points added. The good thing is that the 500 points AAL shows on my account already, so its just a matter of the incorrect amount.

I will let everyone know what happens.

Several months ago, I tried with three different reps to get an active line in the void added to an existing account that had vested points. None of them were able to do it, with a variety of responses. One said it was impossible to have an empty account. One seemed to understand what I was requesting, but then tried and could not do it. I can't remember what the third said, but I know it was not successful. I keep hoping for another loophole to use up the points in some of my empty accounts.

Last edited:
Several months ago, I tried with three different reps to get an active line in the void added to an existing account that had vested points. None of them were able to do it, with a variety of responses. One said it was impossible to have an empty account. One seemed to understand what I was requesting, but then tried and could not do it. I can't remember what the third said, but I know it was not successful. I keep hoping for another loophole to use up the points in some of my expiring accounts.

I have a deactivated TF Samsung A53 that I tried to add to an empty account last week in deactivated form. Chat rep stated it would need to be re-activated first with a new sim. And I asked rep do you mean the TF branded sim that it has won't work? Rep said no. So I called the TF corp office and got a similar response, that a new sim was needed to reenter the account. I don't know what's true of course.

I thought about trying to reactivate it from within the account but then I changed my mind and just ditched the idea and as a result I don't know what an attempt at that process looks like.

I keep hoping for another loophole to use up the points in some of my expiring accounts.

It doesn't let you send plans or add-ons to phones in other accounts? I remember it did this in the past sometimes.

I would try it but my lines in active account are pending AAL and I'm concerned If i was successful maybe somehow it could affect the pending AAL.

In my empty account here.. I have 720 points.

Capture.JPG

If i enter a line in another account for the 500 point 1000 text add on, it will offer me me to pay with reward points and then goes to the end. Not sure what happens if I click claim rewards. In the past, sometime this would send plans and add-om to the line in other account.

new.JPG

I tried it, and after clicking the Claim Rewards button shown above, it says:

Alert​

Please try again in a couple of minutes. If the issue persists, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183 for assistance.

I tried it, and after clicking the Claim Rewards button shown above, it says:

Alert​

Please try again in a couple of minutes. If the issue persists, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183 for assistance.

Guess it may not work.

Two weeks into the month have they fixed things yet? Anyone automatically getting the full 4000 adding a line through chat or online?

Last edited:
Back