New Feature on Freedompop Freemium accounts

hapollo8

Carrier(s)
T-Mobile
Device(s)
Nokia 6233
Was logged into FP account to check to see if account was suspended again as they started enforcing the manual renewal process recently.

Noticed the following on the top right of the screen

Port Blocker is ON {TURN OFF}

Port Blocker Information
To protect your account, your ability to port a number is blocked until this port blocker feature has been disabled. On all Red Pocket Mobile lines, the port blocker is ON by default, with regard to new FCC guidelines.

Disabling this blocker is easy. Simply click the TURN OFF button when you are ready to port, and then you can proceed with your number transfer.

Seems like a nice feature to avoid someone taking you number away. But I doubt many here actually use FP as a primary number but more like a throw away number.

Then have read posted stories of difficulties of legitimate ports by owners due to pins, address or information mismatches too.

Then have read posted stories of difficulties of legitimate ports by owners due to pins, address or information mismatches too.

Last week, I wanted to port my FP GSMA number to Metro to do a Metro Deal. I got the Acct # and Port PIN from FP rep, but Metro couldn't port the number out of FP. Metro didn't give specific reason, so I didn't know the exact reason. I did contact FP to verify that the Account # and PIN were correct, and FP didn't need to release the number for porting out. FP rep said the info was correct and they didn't need to pre-release the number.

Last week, I wanted to port my FP GSMA number ....FP rep said the info was correct and they didn't need to pre-release the number.

So to clarify in this situation, did that Port OFF/ON feature exist at the time, last week? I'm wondering if that implies the port on/off toggle feature doesn't do anything according to the the FP rep or simply just a case of another CSR misinformed.

So to clarify in this situation, did that Port OFF/ON feature exist at the time, last week?

I don't remember if the Port ON/OFF option was there last week. It's quite prominent on the screen, so I think I would have seen it if it was there at that time.

Anyway, I just checked my three FP free accounts (Two GSMTs, One GSMA). The Port Blocker is ON in my two GSMT accounts, and OFF in my GSMA account. I'm not sure if the one in my GSMA account is OFF because I had requested the Acct # and PIN to port out. If you have a GSMA account, can you check and see if it's ON or OFF in your account?

If you have a GSMA account, can you check and see if it's ON or OFF in your account?

They were ON on both the GSMT and GSMA accounts. Didn't not toggle either account since I 1st noticed it today. So, I guess it defaults to ON

Not seeing this notice on either of my accounts (GSMA or GSMT).

Not seeing this notice on either of my accounts (GSMA or GSMT).

I tried to attach a screenshot but HoFo is having problems with that. In my FP accounts, the Port Blocker option is to the right of the Welcome Your-Name, above the paragraph with the status of your line and balances.

Back