new FreedomPOP (GSMA) free plan SIM spotted at target

robbyrobby

i spotted while browsing the prepaid SIM's at a local target store, grabbed one for $ 4.99. will report more once I activate

100/100/100 minutes/texts/MB

cannot find online at target.com but didn't look too hard

attaching pics

Attachments

• FP SIM Front.jpg
    FP SIM Front.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,593
  • FP SIM Back.jpg
    FP SIM Back.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,546
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably try it because (heaven knows) I need yet another phone activated. This would give me an AT&T connection.

hmm. during activations says 'no plan preloaded' and provides options to apply for ACP or get the crappy 10text/25MB plan. no time to contact support right now, cancelled and will try again later

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 7.25.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 7.25.20 PM.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,562
This must be something they haven't activated yet. My local Target doesn't have the new SIMs yet. Maybe someone jumped the gun.

I'd get this. Is it the AT&T network? Because I need a AT&T glovebox phone (after Truphone dropped AT&T) to go along with my TM one. With my EDC Visible by Verizon phone I'd again be covered by all 3 networks for SHTF scenarios. And correct me if I'm wrong this is cheaper than the 300/300/300 SIM at $9.99.

I'd get this. Is it the AT&T network? Because I need a AT&T glovebox phone (after Truphone dropped AT&T) to go along with my TM one. With my EDC Visible by Verizon phone I'd again be covered by all 3 networks for SHTF scenarios. And correct me if I'm wrong this is cheaper than the 300/300/300 SIM at $9.99.

Having a third network is why I'm interested also.

hmm. during activations says 'no plan preloaded' and provides options to apply for ACP or get the crappy 10text/25MB plan. no time to contact support right now, cancelled and will try again later

I noticed it says "FPFREEACPTGT" on the sticker (in the pic in your OP). So maybe the sim is just for free ACP, sold in TGT stores?

I noticed it says "FPFREEACPTGT" on the sticker (in the pic in your OP). So maybe the sim is just for free ACP, sold in TGT stores?

Yes. the card also says "OR get the standard free monthly plan", which could imply needing a totally different sim etc.

I notice it says "More Details Inside."

Did you happen to read the fine print?

That Standard Free Plan is what I have on a GSMT account. I wonder if they really plan to offer it with this SIM package.

I notice it says "More Details Inside."

Did you happen to read the fine print?

That Standard Free Plan is what I have on a GSMT account. I wonder if they really plan to offer it with this SIM package.

just instructions to goto: https://freedompop.com/start to activate

there was also a sticker on wax paper with the ICCID number of the SIM card

for those curious the SIM begins 8901280 like many newer AT&T SIM's

i am wondering if this got put out on the shelf before it was supposed to, i am finding nothing at all online about it.

i suspect they want as many as possible to apply for ACP but offer the free tier for those who do not qualify

Wonder if its suppose to be the free 10/10/10,
and a screw up on the printing.

We’ll have to wait and see.

i suspect they want as many as possible to apply for ACP but offer the free tier for those who do not qualify

That's what I'm guessing. The question is, when was it supposed to be displayed? If Target is already getting the SIMs, it must not be too far off.

Someone saw your post then mentioned it on Reddit. He/she was able to pick up this SIM at Target and activate it. Said they had to give their credit card number first...

CellSalesThrowaway2

4 hr. ago

I was able to sign up for the 100/100/100 plan today. I did have to add a credit card to the account, but it hasn't been charged. $0/mo plus taxes and fees which in my case is $0.

It says data will slow down after 100MB (don't think there are automatic top-ups), and I'll have to manually renew the plan every 30 days it looks like.

But it works! Got it in an iPhone 6 right now, the only spare phone I have on AT&T's whitelist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/comments/147c343/new_free_gsma_plan_at_target/

Someone saw your post then mentioned it on Reddit. He/she was able to pick up this SIM at Target and activate it. Said they had to give their credit card number first...

That wouldn't surprise me - the GSMT version (Walmart/T-Mobile) required a credit/debit card on a SIM I activated just before those disappeared. When I put in a disposable card number and then later deleted it on the bank side, the line got suspended on the next renewal, so there has to be an active card on file for it to renew.

My solution was to use the Cash App Card (reloadable Visa debit) and I only keep a couple of bucks on it.

I'll be visiting the Targets near me this week to see if these have popped up and report back.

FWIW, the ICCID starting with 8901280 matches AT&T's 310-280 MNC (typically they've used 310-410), interesting AT&T would reuse one from Centennial Puerto Rico.

correct plan is showing now, i activated using a visa gift card with a very low balance. got lucky and received a very nice easy phone number

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.26.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.26.20 PM.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 524
Unlike my free GSMT Walmart lines that have options to add minutes no options to add with this one

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.37.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 8.37.53 PM.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 522
Back