new FreedomPOP (GSMA) free plan SIM spotted at target

Do you have any additional comments on what is supposed to happen at the moment you hit the limit?

I don't usually hit my limits on my two accounts. As far as I know, it's supposed to shut off the item when you hit the limit for the item.

Here's a post from earlier today from someone who ran out of data:

https://www.howardforums.com/showth...)-Info-amp-Discussion?p=17267503#post17267503

Also, in regards to the previous tactics of extra options in the fine print, like phone protection, VPN, etc.? Like where the option to turn it off sounds like the opposite (eg. "no, I want lifetime price guarantee ($4.00/month)

The only options I have on my account are to add more minutes, texts, data or visual voice mail. So I can't speak to adding other items.

Can port directly from Redpocket GSMA to this plan? Need to park and number that has minimal usage and this sounds like the best option.

Should be able to

but I would not trust FP long term in set and forget fashion if the number is important, unless you can reliably check on it monthly

Can port directly from Redpocket GSMA to this plan? Need to park and number that has minimal usage and this sounds like the best option.

i would recommend porting to Google Voice

i would not trust this as a reliable parking spot

UltraMobile is on T-mobile, so they can't take the number
What do you mean?

I've never had any trouble porting any numbers into Ultra.

The fact that a service is "free" is a very good indicator it will not be trustworthy.

gVoice certainly is not free, but I don't trust Google much, personally.

But FP has specifically proven itself to be a lying scamming thieving unreliable outfit not just over the years many times but recently under RP ownership.

If the number is not important then of course it doesn't matter.

What do you mean?

I've never had any trouble porting any numbers into Ultra.

The fact that a service is "free" is a very good indicator it will not be trustworthy.

gVoice certainly is not free, but I don't trust Google much, personally.

But FP has specifically proven itself to be a lying scamming thieving unreliable outfit not just over the years many times but recently under RP ownership.

If the number is not important then of course it doesn't matter.

T-mobile can only port area codes from place they have native coverage. There of lots of rural area codes T-mobile can't port in for that reason.

Not so much to do with areas of native coverage.

Only having coverage agreements with the back-end CLECs

yes some tiny rate centers can have a rough time but getting rarer and rarer these days for the big three cell providers.

Do not assume, just give it an actual try...

So apparently you can't port directly from Red Pocket to Freedom Pop. Anyone know of a cheap ATT/VZW intermediary to use?

So apparently you can't port directly from Red Pocket to Freedom Pop. Anyone know of a cheap ATT/VZW intermediary to use?

Page Plus (a TF brand) if they're still doing new activations. No one really knows when TF will shut them down though and you'd have to switch. On VZW. $10 plus tax for 120 days.

I use gFi for that, usually super competent, including eSIMs but pSIMs are free too.

If you know someone with Flex, comes out to 50¢ per day plus $10/GB.

Even though they are TMO I doubt that will be an issue, Google likely has better interconnects than the mothership.

Everything since this post
has been about porting specifically.

I have done six lines from various MNO/MVNOs recently, all in then out, some on free 90-day "vacation pause", total cost under $4 all near instant, no CSR intervention needed.

Back