Bell Official Blackberry Storm Pre-release Thread

Pricing?

pricing.jpg

This is before the data discounts. And Baka gives an extra $20 off on the terms, so I guess we can at least see what the retail price is going to be.

mad expensive.

I am guessing $200 off with data and email package.

anyone else think this is really expensive?
I was hoping to pay $500 on a 2 year (they told me I only get $100 HUP)

Do I get any kind of deal if I take the $30 data plan?

Probably not on a 2 year.

Well, if Data discount is $200, then that's a not-bad $250.

mrhockey123 said:
anyone else think this is really expensive?

They're raking it in while they can. I have the strange feeling that these things are gonna get a lot cheaper once the economy goes straight down the drain in the new year...

Honestly, $600 for a phone that I will only use for a year and a half before I'm sick of it is a total deal-breaker. I want a fricking iPhone.

Cyphon said:
Well, if Data discount is $200, then that's a not-bad $250.

if that can't even match teh 8gig iphone price they really should just go home.

edit: also if the 30 day price really is 699.95 that's a full $200 more than verizion. That's just total B.S.

evilbaby said:
if that can't even match teh 8gig iphone price they really should just go home.

edit: also if the 30 day price really is 699.95 that's a full $200 more than verizion. That's just total B.S.
Well....The Storm is bundled with a 8GB microSDHC. :lol:

So does the Verizon version :) BTW, i was able to order one on Source, just wondering when they would ship and yes, full retail is 699.95$, which is BS

Sammy740 said:
Well....The Storm is bundled with a 8GB microSDHC. :lol:

lol, perhaps they should have included a 12 GB microSDHC(although I assume that size doesn't exists) so they could at least pretend the price is in line.

****ing rediculous. congratulations bell, you drop the ball again.

i think most people just let the hype for this phone die on bell

defender007 said:
So does the Verizon version :) BTW, i was able to order one on Source, just wondering when they would ship and yes, full retail is 699.95$, which is BS

if this is true, i can't justify spending that much on a phone. even if i renew on a 3yr and i get all the data credits......that would still leave the phone at about $300. if i can get the storm on a renewal for about $100-$150, i'd buy it and lock in. if not, i'ma just wait for them to pop up online and buy it at $400 with no contract.

$700 is retarded!

Glad to see I'm not the only one...
My final bid is 500 and no more. If they put this on sale before the holidays, fine. if not, I'm going to grit my teeth and keep my pearl. I really wanted to get a storm but in this brutal economy who can justify spending this kind of coin?

optikdementia said:
****ing rediculous. congratulations bell, you drop the ball again.

i think most people just let the hype for this phone die on bell

I know I'll be waiting out the storm. Perhaps I'll just wait to see what the Rogers version will offer and what price they will come in at.

The only way I'll renew at 249.99 is if they let me keep my $7 unlimited browser option but we all know with this being a BB that would never happen.

Yeah, Ive got a $150 HUG at the end of this month. Don't think that will cut it when it comes time for the storm. I may have to wait :(

I'd like it to be $200 too, to match the iPhone, and at least to match the Bold, which is in a lot of regards, a better machine, but as long as it's not more than $250, I'm in.

i heard that the phone will be listed at $299.95 on a 3yr with data plan.

i guess that its $699.95 on no contract and no data plan.

this is a HUGE turn off! i am not willing to pay $300 for a berry that MIGHT work. especially when the verizon unit is being sold for $200 on a 2 year term!

i know bell took a massive hit on the stock market today but still.......this price is ridiculous!

Back