Official Gingerbread update for the DROID X thread

I'm still waiting for the update to show up on my X.
Has anyone got it yet?

Reports are that it's being rolled out first to "select" people that are registered with Motorola Owners' Forum "Droid X". They were called "soak test". There was one post on Motorola Owners' Forum "Droid X" stating that it "utterly ruined my phone". See URL below

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/395396#395396

I just manually installed the stock one that P3droid provided.

Same here except I did it Saturday.

If you loved your X on Froyo, you're gonna love it even more on Gingerbread. This is the experience I was expecting when I bought this phone.

For those not wanting to do it manually, you should be able to pull the update on 1 June, which is Wednesday.

But doesn't that require the Froyo .340 version to be rooted first, then have to use some other program for it to install?
It would be nice if there was a simple walk-though on how to do it, as I don't have much time to figure it out (bootstrap, clockwork recovery, etc)

No, the version I used is for bare stock .340 phones. All you have to do is put the update.zip file in the root of your SD card, boot up in stock recovery mode (hold Home button while powering on phone), and pick "install update.zip" option and wait for it to do it's thing. No rooting/hacking/special programs necessary. I had to turn the phone off and on a couple times after installing the update before everything ran smoothly, but now it's like butter.

No, the version I used is for bare stock .340 phones. All you have to do is put the update.zip file in the root of your SD card, boot up in stock recovery mode (hold Home button while powering on phone), and pick "install update.zip" option and wait for it to do it's thing. No rooting/hacking/special programs necessary. I had to turn the phone off and on a couple times after installing the update before everything ran smoothly, but now it's like butter.
Which update.zip file did you use, as there are a few floating around?
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

EDIT:
I downloaded and installed this one:
Full Stock Version (Signed) - Phone must be completely stock
http://www.wupload.com/file/3487884/Update.zip
Seems to be working just fine.

Last edited:
It's May 31, 2011 22:27 PDT and I'm getting pushed the new update. Will keep you updated.. BTW-I'm not part of the "soak".

It says update 4.5.56en.us has been downloaded and ready to install. I'm installing hope all will go well...

I am also getting the Update Push.

just downloaded and installed it now, pretty nice so far

Has everyone started getting the push. I havent gotten any update till now. If I check for it I get a message saying "Check for update is currently unavailable".

Please use this thread for talking about the DROID X Gingerbread update.

My buddy tried last night at 9pm, didn't work.
Then he tried this morning when he got up, and it downloaded and installed for him.

Guess the June 1st date was correct after all.

Steve

I just tried over the air and it worked.

All the 'enhancements' might be nice once I start using them. But overall, it feels laggy, especially when using the keyboard. Also, when you press and hold the period button on the keyboard to make more options come up, it doesn't work. The options come up, but when you release the period button, all the other options go away and you never get the chance to choose one.

Edit: I seriously dislike the lag. Feels like I am back on my crappy storm.

Appears this is an issue. Google "droid x gingerbread lag"

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=droid+x+gingerbread+lag

Also, holding down the home button doesn't bring up your apps that you are currently using so you can switch between them easily. What's the new way?

I checked last night and finally it was there, downloaded it, and from what I have seen so far it's pretty sweet! nice basic black for the home screen background, will check it out more today.

Back