HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TracFone/VZ
Device(s)
LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
Here's an old music Google Play App I have for WiFi listening:

20s 30s 40s Music Oldies Radio by wsmr apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=swmr.oldies40s.pro

The music is offered over the internet and covers 1920's through 1940's jazz, swing, big band era as well as old radio shows, streamed from USA, Canada, UK, and some other countries. There are similar apps for "newer" music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc.

Here are apps that feature old radio shows and plays:

Old Time Radio Player by Mobile Software Design LLC:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oldtimeradio

Old Time Radio And Shows by AMS Apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev137436.app216769

I have old reproduction cathedral radios I can stream old music through from newer radios. I plug a connection cable between the headphone jack on the newer radio to the input jack on the back of the cathedral radio. One Thomas repro has a single input, and the Philco Ford repro has dual RCA jacks. The cables are readily available on eBay and Amazon.

The newer radios have Bluetooth, USB ports for playing mp3 audio files, and so I can use them to play mp3 audio through the speakers.

I had to correct my earlier post. I had said I could connect my cellphone to the old radio but I meant "radio" not cellphone.

The cellphone can connect to the newer radios by bluetooth, and play through them to the cathedral radios by connection cable, but they don't have the power to play through the older radios directly.

I can stream oldies over WiFi on the phone, send it to the newer BT enabled radio, and from there via cable to the cathedrals.

My newer AC radios can play that way but not my battery powered ones.

Basically it turns the cathedral radios into old fashioned looking speakers, and the sound is much louder than the small radio. It may seem like a lot of trouble to go to, but it was fun to figure out.

Some newer reproduction cathedral radios have bluetooth, but mine are much older. They're not antique tube radios but have regular more "modern" circuitry inside circa the 70s and 80s.

For people with kids who love Halloween, the old cathedral radios can be set up to play spooky music through just for fun.

Sent from my moto e using HoFo mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that ,

I like the old radio shows , I listen to some on BBC radio 4x station ,

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I suspect that Pandora would allow you to set up something similar to the apps that you mentioned.

I downloaded old Twilight Zone and Inner Sanctum radio plays from LibraVox (the app is on Google Play) and those are fun to play through the old radios. They also have lots of really old audiobooks that are free.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using HoFo mobile app

Back