Palm Treo Pro $249.99 with AT&T Contract

CPcrazyfly

New member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
1,414
Location
PA
Carrier(s)
AT&T
Device(s)
Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
just some whispers...this is not official...but 99% sure this will go into effect by end of April.

Best Buy Mobile will be subsidizing the Unlocked NAM Palm Treo Pro (Black) with a 2 yr AT&T contract.

New 2yr contract $249.99
2yr Upgrade $249.99
Family Add a line $249.99

I know the phone has been out unlocked for a while now...but subsidized on AT&T optimized for AT&T's 3G network...pretty exciting....
 
Geez -- I'm not sure that I'd leap on this until I saw what the Pre had to offer (obviously answer would be different if your only option was Win Mo)
 
Urban Strata said:
It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract? ;)
when we do things like this its to get these high end unlocked phones in the hands of the common person (unlike us) who will not drop $500
 
Urban Strata said:
It's definitely a nice phone, but why tarnish it with a contract? ;)

The alternative is to buy it outright for $500 or thereabouts. Since 99% (my guess) of US phone users only buy contract phones via their carrier this is a perfect avenue to get the device of your choice at a subsidised price if your carrier doesnt carry the phone and the price is not too far off the current asking price for subsidised high-end smartphones.

Think how well a Touch HD with 850/1900 3G would sell at these prices.
 
What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did. :)

The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.
 
dwboston said:
What does "optimized for AT&T's 3G network mean?" My unlocked Treo Pro runs better on the 3G network than my AT&T branded Moto Q9h or AT&T Fuze (HTC Touch Pro) ever did. :)

The unlocked GSM Treo Pro has been as low as $349 on both Amazon.com (Gold Box special) and Dell.com (with coupon codes). It's kind of comical that Best Buy will sell it for $249 since Best Buy's unlocked price has been $599....or $50 MORE than you can buy it direct from Palm. I bought mine from Amazon.
meaning its 850/1900

unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.
 
CPcrazyfly said:
meaning its 850/1900

unlocked price was 579. and people who do not want to pay way too much are more than willing to upgrade for the price we advertise with a contract rather then full price which could be $100 or higher more.

we proved this selling the Nokia e71 subsidized with T-Mobile.

Wish this deal was around a month ago when I bought my Treo Pro. I guess I'll have to save my upgrade for a Touch Pro2. :)
 
I still feel it's a bit expensive for a 2 yr contract agreement. And this is coming from someone who bought the pro unlocked when it just came out.

$175 would have be more reasonable.
 
Back
Top