Sprint PAM $0, Centro, will I lose it if I upgrade to BB

ddiokno

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Sprint
Device(s)
iPhone 5
Hi,
I am considering upgrading to a BlackBerry Curve from a Palm. As a retentions deal, I was given PAM with a $0 MRC (don't use it much, but good back-up). If I switch to a BlackBerry, with the $30 BIS plan, will my 0$ PAM add on work, or would I lose this and have to add the $15 Blackberry PAM?

I did search extensively and couldn't find anything in regards to anyone doing this.
Thanks for any feedback,
david

I believe it would depend on how your account is setup. I'm thinking if you got PAM as a seperate add-on feature included in your plan, you could keep it even when you change to a Blackberry plan.

INTERNET2000 said:
I believe it would depend on how your account is setup. I'm thinking if you got PAM as a seperate add-on feature included in your plan, you could keep it even when you change to a Blackberry plan.

Thanks Internet2000.

It is set up as Phone as a Modem (under add-ons), and shows it as included... what other indicators might there be? I very much want to add the BB Plan, but at $30, it is pushing my dollar amount if I add the $15 PAM, especially if I don't use it too much. It isn't that much of a stretch if I can keep it... again, I don't use it very much, but it is piece of mind.
I appreciate your feedback and insight.
david

I believe the PAM for a blackberry plan has a different code than the regular PAM. Since you have a retention deal, you should really call them up again and discuss. If you have a $0 PAM, I would not let regular CS touch it.

I had the 0.00 pam with my mogul and I switched to a BB and kept it. my 5pm nights got removed though and can't be added back....

HiwayFuzz said:
I had the 0.00 pam with my mogul and I switched to a BB and kept it. my 5pm nights got removed though and can't be added back....

Excellent, that was exactly... this was exactly what I was looking for...

Did the phone as a modem work as soon as your blackberry was provisioned, or did you have to call them to have it reprovisioned for the PAM (ie, was it setup when you switched, or was it a separate call)?

Your help is much appreciated!
thanks,
david

Made the move... at least trying it for the 30 days, and the PAM is working very well through my bluetooth connection... didn't need to do anything special other than pair it. Connection speeds are decent and consistent. Phone as a Modem still shows up as unlimited and included in my plan add-ons.
Thanks to all for your feedback!
david

Back