Pantech Perception Verizon (Root)

Ad Above Message List

tracyt33

HoFo Member
Anyone know how to root the Verizon Pantech Perception??? I have searched everywhere and can find nothing at all for rooting or anything else for this phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Tracy

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Hello anyone else out there with this phone????????????????????????

Hello anyone else out there with this phone????????????????????????

I'm considering purchasing this phone as well, and haven't been able to find much information on xda unfortunately.

Does anyone happen to know if this phone is compatible with US GSM carriers out of the box? It supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900, but I haven't been able to find out if it's only unlocked for use on international GSM carriers.

phandroid.com has a thread about rooting this phone with something called motochopper. someone on there claims that it works, but I am afraid to try it with no stock image anywhere in case something goes wrong.. SRS root for android also claims that it will work..

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I have rooted my pantech perception using motochopper as mentioned and have root access and have not encountered any problems

Motochopper worked for me as well. Is anyone using a custom rom?

Currently using a bad esn pantech perception on lycamobile. Very pleased given that it cost $50 on ebay.

i ended up gaining root using framaroot. quick, and easy took about 10 seconds. i would also love to have a custom rom and recovery for my phone, but can't find anything anywhere. any ideas....

Back