PBS will remain on the air in rural areas thanks to T-Mobile

Ad Above Message List
Good on them. It's nice to see some things being handled locally rather than the narrative being dictated from on high in the District of Criminals and other strongholds of mental illness.

This move should buy T-Mobile a lot of good PR in your state if the local broadcasters provide value to the citizens. I remember as a teenager there was actual high quality useful programming on PBS like cooking and home improvement shows that were produced locally and free of the bias and brainwashing injected by the large foundations that control them nowadays.

Again, I see this as a real character move by T-Mobile because I would let the propaganda peddlers rot and die if I had the choice.

That's a well informed and interesting take on this issue. Excellent comment.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Well, there goes another perfectly good thread. :reallysad
I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? To discuss and debate the good, bad, different views, that others have on it? I didn't see anyone here start calling each other names, threatening anyone or even really fighting. It was just a debate on the values of pbs and the meaning of propaganda. If it's a spirited healthy debate, why is that a negative? Nobody is allowed to have an opinion? I may disagree with the other posters opinion, but he's allowed to have it. I may even debate him on it, as he even said we are likely not going to change each other's minds, but, that doesn't make a debate or discussion on it a terrible thing. I don't hate or dislike the person because their opinion is different. It seems some people here may need to lighten up some and realize a difference of opinion or thoughts isn't a bad thing.

I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? To discuss and debate the good, bad, different views, that others have on it? I didn't see anyone here start calling each other names, threatening anyone or even really fighting. It was just a debate on the values of pbs and the meaning of propaganda. If it's a spirited healthy debate, why is that a negative? Nobody is allowed to have an opinion?

I just now clicked the "Star of David" icon and added to your reputation there...

I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? ......
The general give-away that a thread is going down the tubes is when someone says, "You've offered no documentation to prove your position." or words to that effect. It signals that the thread has descended into argumentation, rather than discussion.

The general give-away that a thread is going down the tubes is when someone says, "You've offered no documentation to prove your position." or words to that effect. It signals that the thread has descended into argumentation, rather than discussion.
I can understand that, and I can understand that when people get there actual feelings involved in a debate where it can get out of hand. I didn't take his comments as inflammatory though, and I hope he didn't take mine that way. Was just a debate with really no hard feelings on either end I don't think. I don't think those are bad.

Actually, I look forward to more T-Mobile underwriting of PBS content, resulting in "Magenta Elmo", and Legere himself taking over "Frontline" to rail against net neutrality.
View attachment 152290

I kind of read this as a move by tmobile to free up the airwaves faster for them to use the new 600 MHz spectrum. Yes, has some goodwill but I think this will let T-Mobile role out their newly acquired spectrum faster. Thoughts? If so, this is the way business is supposed to be run. Disguise something as good and at the same time benefit financially from it.

I'm not sure why the thread drifted off into the twilight zone but that's ok you can discuss whatever you want here since it seems more relevant here than in the T-Mobile forum.

Some consider the idea of official government-controlled media to be "backwards", sorry.
Public broadcasting began back in the day of the Vietnam War and anti-establishmentism. People wanted do away with the system entirely. Public broadcasting was very different from what it is now. I am nearly certain that originally Public broadcasting material was in the public domain whereas now it is very capitalistic; they own the rights to the material.

Back