PC Mobile Unlimited Data CANCELED/REVOKED as of May 21, 2014 - DO panic

I finally got the notification text today but, um, they bungled it.

"Free PC msg: Your unlimited browser feature will change to 1 GB/day data starting Sept. 15, 2014. More info at http://pcmobile.ca/prepaidfaq "

Of course 1 GB/day would be *great* but I doubt that is what they meant.

I have a confirmation from Bell Executive Office sent to CCTS for my claim confirming this:

Dear Mr. ***,

Yes, $0.25 will be deducted from your funds balance, per day, for 1 GB, per day.

Thank you kindly for your time,

Thanks for the updates, folks. This information is very timely, as I have the daily option on my spare line, and nearby family lost their Internet for the coming week due to a bungled home Internet carrier switch. I'll give them a WiFi hotspot right now.

My friend and I received the same message as well.

RedFlagDeals has one post that this same message as in a reply to CCTS to respond to a customer's complaint. If this is official response to CCTS to response to customers, it might be difficult for the provider to back out from it!!!!

I look forward to the CCTS complaint once they start charging 1GB/month overage again on their "1GB/day" service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't managed to test in all these months whether it truly is 1 GB/day or 1 GB/month. Nonetheless I have posted in the buy/sell/trade forum that I am considering selling my grandfathered SIM. My 3G tablet that I used it in is hopelessly unusable now, and I found a really good deal on a wi-fi tablet that will suit my needs. So I'm not seeing much use for keeping the SIM active on an ongoing basis.

From forum on RedFlagDeals, it's 1GB per month. I still have one in use, one suspended.

I recently restarted using my $0.25/day spare line to help a friend with a downed home Internet connection. I can confirm that it's 1GB per day. She used about 6GB over two days and there was $60-70 in overages. Limiting it to under 1GB per day since then, there have been no overages.

Strange, that's not what my friend experienced. Can you wait a few days to see if the overage comes in?

Interesting. If it's really per day that's quite valuable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Strange, that's not what my friend experienced. Can you wait a few days to see if the overage comes in?

We haven't used it much in the last week, but no more charges appeared.

Interesting. If it's really per day that's quite valuable.

I'm thinking of permanently installing this in my vehicle as a hotspot. It would be ideal, as many people who often ride with me have 1GB plans and sometimes bump against the limit when spending much time away from home.

Did you tally up the total usage that you didn't get overage on, approximately? Which APN were you on? (BTW, I tried the pda.bell.ca and it didn't work for me,I use the good old proxy.bell.ca one.)

Yeah it looks like the other APNs that used to drain balance super-fast just no longer work at all. Which is good. I'd rather have non-working data than a leaky balance.

Did you tally up the total usage that you didn't get overage on, approximately? Which APN were you on? (BTW, I tried the pda.bell.ca and it didn't work for me,I use the good old proxy.bell.ca one.)

I used proxy.bell.ca .

So now I wonder if really some people got 1GB/day and some others got 1GB/month, which would be quite unusual as it's unlikely either Bell or PC Mobile would set up 2 so different provisions / metering. I should make some tests soon, as my currently working SIM is expiring in a few weeks, and thus, won't hurt in draining it all as I can simply refill it and not lose much on it. (I just hope I will remember to do this test before it expires though!!). What I plan on doing is deliberately drain a few hundred MBs a day, and see for the effect; e.g. 500MB/day, and see what happened after 3 days? You think that would be a good test? (I wonder how much delay is the overage billing going to be?)

Feel free to test it. My guess would be people who pay daily got per day and people who pay monthly got per month.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I see. All mine are daily rate at $0.25/day. I chose it at the time so it won't drain out if I don't have more than $7.50 in it or got stuck.

So now I wonder if really some people got 1GB/day and some others got 1GB/month, which would be quite unusual as it's unlikely either Bell or PC Mobile would set up 2 so different provisions / metering. I should make some tests soon, as my currently working SIM is expiring in a few weeks, and thus, won't hurt in draining it all as I can simply refill it and not lose much on it. (I just hope I will remember to do this test before it expires though!!). What I plan on doing is deliberately drain a few hundred MBs a day, and see for the effect; e.g. 500MB/day, and see what happened after 3 days? You think that would be a good test? (I wonder how much delay is the overage billing going to be?)

My friend has effectively been doing this on and off over many days. While there were charges during her early days of using my $0.25/day data when going past 1GB, many days since then have been in the range of 300MB-700MB per day, and there have been no further overage charges.

This makes me firmly believe that it's a 1GB/day data option now.

Interesting! I have a friend who has monthly,I think, I'll ask him to test as well. Thanks for all your comments.

Back