Plans and Pricing!

With the $35 plan unlimited province calling plan, Public mobile is basically screwed.

Man, these plans utterly demolish anything being offered in Canada AND the US. $35 for unlimited mobile with tethering? Damn, son.

The $15 plan is an utterly fantastic deal too, I figured it would be 20 bux at least, and at 25 it would be 'okay'. I can get all I want from my smartphone for 50 a month. Ridiculous.

The 35 dollar plan is good too, but the only thing thats lacking is unlimited text addon. The next step up is unlimited long distance (within canada) and text, but some people just dont call LD Canada much anyway, it would be nice to get unlimited text for a few bux more.

Still, this is both very competitive, very fair, and still very profitable. They did their homework.

WOW these plans are pretty incredible.... I think most people are forgetting there are unlimited plans.... and you only pay tax on top of the price, no SAF, no Rogers goverment fee, no 911 fee. Thank you Wind!

$35 for unlimited province wide is a huge WIN! :clapping:
$35 for unlimited data :clapping:

Wind just made a huge splash in the telecommunications market and I love it.

I can't wait to talk to Roger customer retentions about this one....

I don't think the lack of an unlimited text plan as a huge issue. Unless you're a heavy texter, the typical person would be between 50-100 SMS per month.

Another question: Why are the prices for $35 mobile data (including tethering) and $45 laptop data with the usb stick different? Is the mobile data going to be filtered or throttled?

Ok not all info are there....
1) What time does the evening hours start?
2) What is the roaming cost?
3) Data outside of wind.....how is it handled?
4) How much is unlimited SMS?

I travel to Newmarket/Bradford area daily and spend several hours and there is no Wind network at this time. So if I am going to switch, I need to know the impact....

What is the roaming charges for Quebec?

I was also under the impression that voicemail was included. That said, it's an easy money maker (which WIND desperately needs) so if not, then I hope eventually they'll make it free!

Also, ditto on the availability of unlimited SMS or MMS packages? Don't want to spend an extra $200 a month on texts alone.

One last thing -- is tethering allowed on Infinite BlackBerry?

i might have to get
always shout
with infinite internet

didnt plan on paying $80 with wind ... sigh ...
hopefully theres more plans

i want ...
like 200 minutes
unlimited texting
500 mb of internet is good i think ... or 1 gb
for 50

hopefully plans become more flexible

bell turned me into a heavy texter because of the lack of day minutes. i send about 1000-2000 texts a month id say.

well see

I find the plans a little on the pricey side. But for UNLIMITED calling, I like the $35 plan -- if it includes VM & CID, it's perfect.

There should be some cheaper data plans as well ... like $10 for 500 MB or something.

There's no point in getting $10 for 500MB if it's $35 for unlimited. It's practically gouging at $10.

And no, none of these plans seem to include VM, as Windsider included a $5 voicemail entry under addons.

Wait, so $15 + $10 gets you

Unlimited WIND to WIND calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited incoming text
100 province-wide voice minutes
50 text messages
Unlimited instant messaging, Facebook and MySpace.

That's pretty intense.

I don't think the incumbents are going to price match this one. After all, last time they wouldn't price match CityFido. Wind really did their homework.

With only the 35 unlimited data it is actually more expensive for a BB with Wind then with the Big 3. While the data is unlimited I would rather pay less and use less.

Hahutzy said:
Wait, so $15 + $10 gets you

Unlimited WIND to WIND calling (Canada wide)
Unlimited incoming text
100 province-wide voice minutes
50 text messages
Unlimited instant messaging, Facebook and MySpace.

That's pretty intense.

Note that the $15 plan has no UE&W option. It's basically there for people who use it occasionally after school.

Also, the unlimited IM,F,MS option is for Blackberries.

Ninja_Squirrel said:
With only the 35 unlimited data it is actually more expensive for a BB with Wind then with the Big 3. While the data is unlimited I would rather pay less and use less.

Yes, that is a good point about these plans. Blackberries don't need much data because of data compression. Still, it's great for every other phone out there.

juicemane said:
i might have to get
always shout
with infinite internet

didnt plan on paying $80 with wind ... sigh ...
hopefully theres more plans

i want ...
like 200 minutes
unlimited texting
500 mb of internet is good i think ... or 1 gb
for 50

hopefully plans become more flexible

bell turned me into a heavy texter because of the lack of day minutes. i send about 1000-2000 texts a month id say.

well see
This is currently available from Bell/Telus/Rogers. $50 will get you 200 minutes, unlim text/my5/double minutes and 500mb of data for...you guess it...$50. I think I'll have to stick with Telus until Wind's coverage stretches down the 401 towards K-W.

Meh - these plans are disappointing.

always talk for me, may consider the always shout

is the social blackberry strictly limited to fb and myspace?

SRG01 said:
There's no point in getting $10 for 500MB if it's $35 for unlimited. It's practically gouging at $10.

And no, none of these plans seem to include VM, as Windsider included a $5 voicemail entry under addons.

Then I find it expensive compared to what I get from Rogers for $60 taxes in:
- 200 mins
- eve/wknds free after 6
- untld network calling
- 100 Cdn LD
- CID, VM, 2500 txt
- 500 MB data

A comparable plan from WIND would be:
- $35 unlimited province-wide calling
- 50 txt msgs
- $35 data

... it's already $70 BEFORE adding CID, VM, LD mins and possibly more txt msgs. Too expensive for my needs.

I would like the $35 unltd province-wide plan to include CID & VM and some LD mins, and then would CONSIDER paying the extra $35 for data. I'm not a heavy data user -- I would prefer a data plan that was around $15 for non-heavy-users.

Derfel said:
Meh - these plans are disappointing.

How are these plans disappointing? The $35 plan obliterates anything you can get outside of retentions, as you don't have to add on EE&W and CID.

Back