Port out info?

Was going to try having one Tello SIM in an Orbic flip, but the hotspot didn't work.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

Just looked at the Orbic i have laying around, i see that Hot spot toggle, what didn’t work on yours.

Haven’t actually tried the hot spot yet.

on T-Mobile and its MVNO's hotspot data is identified in 2 ways. On iOS, Android, Windows(for snapdragon laptops) the hotspot is routed through a totally different APN and gets a separate IP address from the on device data, i am not sure what other mobile OS may do this as well. also for on device data the TTL is checked and packets identified by TTL as being Windows, MacOS, etc. are blocked, this blocks most 'un-allowed' hotspot that does not involve 'magic' from working even if a workaround on the APN is used.

in most cases you can easily turn on the hotspot function of a device and create a wifi network but the connection will not work if the above has not been overcome.

Just looked at the Orbic i have laying around, i see that Hot spot toggle, what didn’t work on yours.

Haven’t actually tried the hot spot yet.
I couldn't get its hotspot ID to show on the WiFi list on my other phones. I got a message on the Orbic that I had to subscribe to the service.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Is its SIM on a plan that supports hotspot usage? That works using other devices?

Is its SIM on a plan that supports hotspot usage? That works using other devices?
I inserted one of my active Tello SIMs in the Orbic. Everything worked but hotspot. The hotspot function worked with that SIM in two other phones (Moto Pure, Moto e, both unlocked from TracFone).

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Back