Ported to MobileX from Verizon Prepaid and I'm blown away with how good they are.

jarrett178

Carrier(s)
MobileX
Device(s)
Samsung Galaxy z Fold 3
Verizon Prepaid was the only carrier l've ever had since 2011 when I got my first cell phone. I was paying $50 for Unlimited data and I was only using between 4 to 12 GB of data monthly. I work for Straight Talk and when I saw the MobileX display inside of Walmart as I was working, I was intrigued. I ported out Friday night. The port went through instantly, although, my ZF3 didn't have service for a few hours because it kept rejecting the eSIM.

Xpert care reassured me that I did nothing wrong and that sometimes Samsung phones have issues with the Verizon network and eSlM activation. It was simple enough to buy a sim card at Walmart and email my IMEI and sim number to Xpert care. Once I emailed them my information they got back to me and activated my phone with no problem. I'm so happy to be saving money and that I was able to keep my number. Thank you Peter Adderton. For people like me that don't use much mobile data, MobileX is a Godsend. I'm on the $24.88 plan.

My speedtest results. I'm in the Central GA area near Macon
https://imgur.com/gallery/RqFbcFH

Last edited:
i little curios with you usage why you went with the unlimited plan instead starting with the custom plan to see how much that would end up costing. on month that you use 12GB(aprox. $ 30.50) would be more but on a 4GB (aprox. $ 14.50) month you would save significantly. unless you very often get to the top of your range at 12GB you would probably save a bit paying based on your usage.

also for many people once they no longer have unlimited they are easily able to use wifi more than before and cut back the average usage.

i little curios with you usage why you went with the unlimited plan instead starting with the custom plan to see how much that would end up costing. on month that you use 12GB(aprox. $ 30.50) would be more but on a 4GB (aprox. $ 14.50) month you would save significantly. unless you very often get to the top of your range at 12GB you would probably save a bit paying based on your usage.

also for many people once they no longer have unlimited they are easily able to use wifi more than before and cut back the average usage.

I just wanted to have that extra cushion of data in case of an emergency. I have wifi at work, church, and home so it's not a big deal. I pay home internet,
so I'm going to use it at home

No, the lines my household uses for daily driver internet can get up higher than that.

Really only impacts gaming and video chat, but not enough to matter afaic.

Teenage gamers will of course prioritize latency, my son is getting closer to getting a job for that reason.

i use a mix of computers, including several from late 2000's - early 2010"s, on these older machines i can not tell any difference from a higher ping until it gets a couple 100ms or more.

only on my newest machines I do notice a difference in webpage loading on a low ping connection. it is significant but I really don't care. i do not mind waiting an extra second or so for a page to load.

on my phone itself I rarely do things that it would make much difference. my video calls are few and far between and I never do any mobile gaming. if it take a news site or weather app longer to open or an eBook longer to start the download it simply doesn't matter to me.

Is that bad?

It's terrible. This is 78ms to a local server. Not to mention it's a Verizon server which means it's optimized for the connection anyway. Connect to a server 500 miles away and you're in the 100s, possibly even the mid-100s. This is the primary issue with MobileX is that they route traffic through their own servers so their ping times and general latency is much higher. When I tested it I was seeing pings over 100ms just connecting to a server 50 miles away. I compared with Visible's deprioritized plan (MobileX is prioritized) and got 20ms to the same server.

Your latency and ping directly impact the responsiveness of your connection. What should feel instant on Verizon now doesn't. For the same $25 I would rather have Visible.

Getting over 10Mbps consistently is MUCH more important to me.

Visible very regularly cannot deliver that, often well below 1Mbps

Just checked and Visible's ping unloaded and no VPN was over 100ms.

Not a problem, that line nearly always goes through a VPN anyway

Getting over 10Mbps consistently is MUCH more important to me.

Visible very regularly cannot deliver that, often well below 1Mbps

Just checked and Visible's ping unloaded and no VPN was over 100ms.

Not a problem, that line nearly always goes through a VPN anyway

If you're seeing that poor downstream performance on Visible then you won't see much better on MobileX. Prioritization is not a magic bullet for congestion or poor signal quality.

If you're seeing that poor downstream performance on Visible then you won't see much better on MobileX. Prioritization is not a magic bullet for congestion or poor signal quality.
I usually have no issues at all, very happy with my Visible service for bulk downloading

I routinely get well over 100Mbps but that's during lower network traffic times.

The low network speeds I'm talking about above are only during rush hour, jammed commuter highways nearby causing Depri to kick in.

MobileX gets top priority, so would not get affected as much. As stated, I do not give a fig about latency.

Back