Post Your Comcast Internet Speed Test Results

avenue

HoFo Subscriber
Carrier(s)
Cricket
Let's get something started here..

Post your speed test results from http://www.speedtest.net and tell us what speed you're paying for, and how much you're paying for it.

I'm on the 15/3Mbps Performance plan with a Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 modem.

Comcast 12/2 plan, Motorola SB-5120 DOCSIS 2.0 Modem. $42.95/month

830363633.png

Man, I might downgrade my plan to see if I'll get faster speeds! I'm paying for 20 Mbps, but usually get less. I'll do a test when I get home.

Well, I think I got my Internet working better again. There are times where it's really slow, but I think I fixed the problem this time! Here are my results:

Wired Connection to Router:

Wireless Connection to Router:

I'm happy with my speeds now, after this. :)

Let's keep seeing those speeds! We need some discussion in this forum! :p

-Avenue

I am paying for 16, and I get 20/8 over Wireless N. Will post a picture tonight.

Weird...I can't edit my last post. Here are my awe inspiring speeds. :)

Economy 1mpbs upload 384 pay $25.00

um actually its real 105mbs per second and i am a employee trying the service before it goes to market

um actually its real 105mbs per second and i am a employee trying the service before it goes to market

ah ... my bad

were those done in the lab or on a public node ?
out of couriousity what will the tier be called ? configfile name ?
much info would be great

*mod sry if im hijacking*

Do you want to be friends? On a related note, do friends of Comcast employees get access to the good stuff?

i started to look at the cisco cmts manuals and i call bs on that speed test ... for comcast to even think about offering that speed they would have to have upstream bonding (4 channels) at full trotle and the network load on that would be ridiculous as would the cost be ... and also no DOCSIS ISP at this time in North America supports upstream bonding on there network

Sorry for not replyling back i was celebrating my bday this weekend just turned 29. Interesting that u say that DTP, but do u have any idea what comcast is doing for their Xfinity roll out, i can tell you it is not just a name change. Also i was in a lab and the upstream showing will not be what u will get comcast Extreme II tier will be 105mbs dl 25mbs up this is a very special install when launched and cannot be done yourself. i would go into more detail but propietary info i am not aloud to give out until launch which is in 2wks

Lol my friends ask me all the time for free stuff, unafortunately unless u live with me there are really no benefits

Sorry for not replyling back i was celebrating my bday this weekend just turned 29. Interesting that u say that DTP, but do u have any idea what comcast is doing for their Xfinity roll out, i can tell you it is not just a name change. Also i was in a lab and the upstream showing will not be what u will get comcast Extreme II tier will be 105mbs dl 25mbs up this is a very special install when launched and cannot be done yourself. i would go into more detail but propietary info i am not aloud to give out until launch which is in 2wks

ok that's more believable .... 95 up is pushing it on the up stream but 25 sounds realistic and reasonable

just a quick question .... do you know when docsis 3.0 will come to houston ... its been a while on any updates .... haveing houston the time warner left overs in all is sort of a pain in the *** .... im thinking about going to verizon fios soon

Docsis 3.0 for all of Comcast should be out by this year for everyone but you cant hold me to it because i am in the Eastern division. And unafortunately each part of Comcast does what it wants so, i Hope this year.

I actually have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, but my speeds are still mortal (20/8). Thats over WIFI though. If I plugged in to the router directly, what could I expect to see? I am assuming my plan (16mbps) would what capped me.

Back