Problem posting screenshots and images

tomseys

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TF/Verizon
Device(s)
iPhone SE 3, Samsung A53 iPhone SE 2, Samsung A51 Nokia 2760 Flip
When i try to post a screenshot or image by pressing the paper clip attachment thing and uploading an image in the popup, it first does a cloudfare check and seems to pass it and then the pop up shows the forum with this message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

And the image is not uploaded.

Seems like this has been going on for a little while. It worked a couple of days ago for me but today it is back to this.

Sometimes that happens if the image you're trying to upload is too large for the system. Try reducing the size and try again.

Sometimes that happens if the image you're trying to upload is too large for the system. Try reducing the size and try again.

It tried it at 52 KB and same.

Added: Ok seems to work at 9 kb.

smaller.jpg

Once it lets me through wiith the smaller one, then i can do larger one that initially failed.

Capture.jpg

newer.JPG

That seems to work anyway. Thanks Frail.

I've encountered that same bug elsewhere and there really isn't a great way to resolve it. The only solutions I've found were reducing the images size and/or logging out then back in.

IMGUR is a great service, user-friendly and very fast assist apps for every platform

Gives you a link you can then post to any number of service/websites

I've encountered that same bug elsewhere and there really isn't a great way to resolve it. The only solutions I've found were reducing the images size and/or logging out then back in.

Ever since I gave it a very small size image yesterday and it accepted it without giving me an error message, it has been working fine for me, with any image size.

So, if it locks me out again (gives me that error message), I will first feed it a small image (like around 10kb) that I don't even intend on posting, just so this way it lets me in and allows me to post images, and then post whatever I want. Which is usually not a big size image anyway.

Uusally what i do is i open up the Go Advanced section so I can access the paperclip attachment thing like has been explained to do:

first.jpg

After pressing the paperclip it opens up the window and then from there you can upload a file. In my case, I wasn't able to do this the other day because it would give me that error message. But after uploading a very small size image file, around 10kb, it accepted it.

1.JPG

Once that happens, I don't mess with the paperclip attachment uploader found in Go Advanced again.

Instead i just use the regular insert image uploader since it is easier to access and allows you to post any images inline like this:

2.JPG

The ability to post images like this seems to last a while once you have satisfied the size it initially wants through the paperclip (if necessary).

If it starts giving the error again, or in the case of the insert image uploader it does not work, just repeat.

Good to know. Thanks.

Back