AT&T Removal of Samsung Jack Security Achieved

I had no problem downloading it ... you might want to try again. They may have been overloaded when you tried. I'm off to install and experiment...

EDIT TO ADD: worked like a charm :2thumbs:

Worked like a charm for me too. Now I have a fully unlocked Jack! :clapping: Thanks to the OP for letting us know and thanks to whoever found the solution.

Last edited:
FYI: That ClearSecurity.cab file installs some MobiControl Agent program from SOTI. Once you have unlocked the security with Microsoft's Security manager, you can uninstall that SOTI Controller program.

ILuvMyMac said:
It allows us to freely edit the registry and install 3rd party applications. :2thumbs:
Also, you can remove those AT&T bloatware links from the Start menu.

fantastic! I was on the verge of abandoning WM devices on AT&T due to the two-tier security. Very nice.

Can you also move files/shortcuts around? If so, how? I'm about to buy this phone and would LOVE to be able to get rid of the crapware AT&T put on it. To move/edit/delete stuff, is it hard to do or fairly easy?

gewbert3 said:
Can you also move files/shortcuts around? If so, how? I'm about to buy this phone and would LOVE to be able to get rid of the crapware AT&T put on it. To move/edit/delete stuff, is it hard to do or fairly easy?

If you know how to use Windows, it's not hard. Just do it in File Explorer after connecting the phone to your PC thru Activesync (or Mobile Device Center, if your OS is Vista). The phone will appear under My Computer like any other drive.

Hats off for those who came up with this....I want a Jack now...nearly :p

BCH238 said:
If you know how to use Windows, it's not hard. Just do it in File Explorer after connecting the phone to your PC thru Activesync (or Mobile Device Center, if your OS is Vista). The phone will appear under My Computer like any other drive.

Great! Thanks so much!

the ms app crashed on my vista64 box but worked fine on my vista32 laptop.

I knew it was just a matter of time before this got worked around. Now i can install my garmin nav

jizzajam said:
the ms app crashed on my vista64 box but worked fine on my vista32 laptop.

I knew it was just a matter of time before this got worked around. Now i can install my garmin nav

I had the same problem running the MS APP on my vista64 laptop (crashed immediately every time I opened it)...problem is, the Vista64 laptop is my only PC. On two different Samsung Jack's I ran just the clearsecurity.cab and was able to install various programs (without using the MS app) - NES emulator, Google Maps, etc. (all of which wouldn't install before clear security was used).

GsxrCorey said:
I had the same problem running the MS APP on my vista64 laptop (crashed immediately every time I opened it)...problem is, the Vista64 laptop is my only PC. On two different Samsung Jack's I ran just the clearsecurity.cab and was able to install various programs (without using the MS app) - NES emulator, Google Maps, etc. (all of which wouldn't install before clear security was used).
I installed and ran Google Maps just fine on the Jack way before I unlocked the security.

yeah i was able to install google maps from the word go. could not, however, install google mobile app

jizzajam said:
yeah i was able to install google maps from the word go. could not, however, install google mobile app
...maybe it was google mobile app then, my apologies. :buddies:

PS....anyone who installs the "clearsecurity.cab" file should remove the program, "mobicontrol" as soon as it is installed. I was having major battery drain problems, and turns out once I removed this program it was night and day for the phones battery life!

Heres the thread with my Jack battery experience (in case someone wants the details) http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538536

Back