retention plans> look what i got!

How about this : called retentions for a new line since regular plans are really bad this is what they offerred me for my new line :

new line
65 $ per month
unlimited everything in Canada
2 gigs of data
call display, voice mail...
no activation fee
100$ credit on iphone 5s 16 gig, so 179.99 - 100 = 79.99

for 5 $ more, I can get 4 gigs of data instead.

old line
50$ per month
unlimited everything in Canada
3 gigs of data
call display, voice mail...

+ 2 months unlimited data on both lines

Total 65+50=115 $ for two lines.

What do you think...can I do better?

I need your input please

i have three wireless lines with rogers plus the home wireless phone service , looking for exttra data on my main line,
the only way that retention would help is to move my plans to in market 10GB or 15GB at a cost of $235/245 plus tax
so here is what i have now :
1- Plan Name: Unlimited Talk +Messaging
Plan Category: Rogers Talk & Text Category
Monthly Service Fee: $68.00
Plan Includes:
- Unlimited Local TalkMinutes
- Unlimited Sent & ReceivedMessages Text, Picture & Video (Device Dependent)
- Unlimited Canada-wide Between Us Calling
- 2500 Call ForwardingMinutes
- Conference Calling
- Tethering Access $0.00
- CallWaiting
- Data Service Plan 6GB $30.00
- Value Packw/ LD Vvmail+iPhone^^- Call Displaywith Name Display//- Canada-wide
Calling//- Visual Voicemail Plus//-Unlimited Sent & Received US & International Text
Messages//-WhoCalled////This Value Pack saves you $20.80/mth vs. individual pricing at
time of subscription. $15.99

after $15 discount , i pay $ 114 tax in

2-
Same as above with no data for $ 50 tax in

3-
same as # 2 with no Valu packw /LD....etc for $ 21 tax in

total monthly about $ 185 tax in. with the home wirless phone service brings up the total monthly bill to about $199.6 tax in.

so for an extra 4 to 9 GB a month i would pay $43 to $53 including the enhanced voice mail with visual call dispaly, who called ...etc packge on my main line.

or just keep my plan as is and get a new wirless hotspot with flex data plan for free and pay $ 40 for 5GB and the $5 monthly fee.

thanks for the feed back

i have three wireless lines with rogers plus the home wireless phone service , looking for exttra data on my main line,
the only way that retention would help is to move my plans to in market 10GB or 15GB at a cost of $235/245 plus tax
so here is what i have now :
1- Plan Name: Unlimited Talk +Messaging
Plan Category: Rogers Talk & Text Category
Monthly Service Fee: $68.00
Plan Includes:
- Unlimited Local TalkMinutes
- Unlimited Sent & ReceivedMessages Text, Picture & Video (Device Dependent)
- Unlimited Canada-wide Between Us Calling
- 2500 Call ForwardingMinutes
- Conference Calling
- Tethering Access $0.00
- CallWaiting
- Data Service Plan 6GB $30.00
- Value Packw/ LD Vvmail+iPhone^^- Call Displaywith Name Display//- Canada-wide
Calling//- Visual Voicemail Plus//-Unlimited Sent & Received US & International Text
Messages//-WhoCalled////This Value Pack saves you $20.80/mth vs. individual pricing at
time of subscription. $15.99

after $15 discount , i pay $ 114 tax in

2-
Same as above with no data for $ 50 tax in

3-
same as # 2 with no Valu packw /LD....etc for $ 21 tax in

total monthly about $ 185 tax in. with the home wirless phone service brings up the total monthly bill to about $199.6 tax in.

so for an extra 4 to 9 GB a month i would pay $43 to $53 including the enhanced voice mail with visual call dispaly, who called ...etc packge on my main line.

or just keep my plan as is and get a new wirless hotspot with flex data plan for free and pay $ 40 for 5GB and the $5 monthly fee.

thanks for the feed back

$199.6 looks great. I was offer by rogers for two lines to port to them here what they offer.

Galaxy s4 $0
Port Credit $600
CG COSTO $250
Plan is Unli Call text VM CID 11gb data
Plan Cost is $226 tax in

My plan with bell is each line has 6gb total 12 gb Unli call text CID VM MobileTV for $149.16. BTW I just HUP for iphone5s 1line

via the HoFo App

Thanks a lot for the feedback,
does your $ 226 plan has any credits/discounts?, also i assume long distance included a swell

will wait for the hotspot to arrive before calling back to ask for two month of unlimited data just
to gauge my usage, i have been a loyal Rogers customer for 20 years and always had good service and support , just hope they can factor this in with the new changes they are going through.

Thanks a lot for the feedback,
does your $ 226 plan has any credits/discounts?, also i assume long distance included a swell

will wait for the hotspot to arrive before calling back to ask for two month of unlimited data just
to gauge my usage, i have been a loyal Rogers customer for 20 years and always had good service and support , just hope they can factor this in with the new changes they are going through.

They only give me $600 port credit thats it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using HoFo mobile app

have a buddy at rogers, signed me up on a corporate plan
70$ plus tax
unlimited north america calling
unlimited sms/mms international
caller id, vm, conf calling
$150 set up.
can sign 2 year term or month to month

70$ plus tax
$150 set up.
No data? And why the $150 setup fee?

70$ plus tax
$150 set up.

Just a reminder, your unlimited NA calling might be unlimited Canada wide and then Canada to USA.
Calls within USA or USA back to canada are not included.
Unless Rogers has changed anything.

70$ plus tax
$150 set up.

How much data is there.

70$ plus tax
$150 set up.
Not a bad deal

Here's what I got: nothing. It was a bizarre conversation, actually. Called because I wanted to upgrade my iPhone 4S to a 5S, 16 gigs, not a 6. My contract for the 4S was only a year old, so I still owed $200 dollars on it. The deal for it wasn't so good - $70 a month for unlimited Canada-wide talk and text, 250 MB data. Online on Friday, I saw that the 5S was going for $100, and that I might have to take a "share everything" plan to upgrade, raising my plan to $80/month, but also doubling my data.

What I was hoping for: a discount on the 5S, since most people will be going for the 6, or a discount down to $60/mo or so for the unlimited talk and text and 500 MB. I had scouted Fido and others, and thought I could get the phone there for the same $100, with a plan for $70 at Fido that included international text (I have family in the US and Europe).

On Saturday morning, I called Rogers and spoke to their loyalty department. For 30 minutes, all he did was try to convince me that the online offer was the best deal I could make anywhere. I was a little taken aback by how certain he seemed that he had to offer me absolutely nothing to stay with Rogers. So, later that day, I went down to Rogers, planning to end my contract there and then walk next door to Fido to get the $100 phone with the $70 phone. ONLY - there WAS no Fido deal any more for less than $80 - and that plan had the exact same features as Rogers'. Not only that, but in BOTH place, AND at Bell, AND at Telus, the iPhone 5S price had been raised simultaneously on Saturday, 9/13 to $150.

AND on the phone with Rogers, at Rogers, and at Fido I heard the same thing: We had to raise our prices because we can only offer two-year contracts. Each time in the same words, Borg-like.

I know Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers. But what about Telus and Bell? Why were they all suddenly so sure I had to cave to their demands? I have NEVER come away empty-handed from a talk with Loyalty before. Is there some kind of collusion going on in anticipation of iPhone 6 and the profits it may bring?

Here's what I got: nothing. It was a bizarre conversation, actually. Called because I wanted to upgrade my iPhone 4S to a 5S, 16 gigs, not a 6. My contract for the 4S was only a year old, so I still owed $200 dollars on it. The deal for it wasn't so good - $70 a month for unlimited Canada-wide talk and text, 250 MB data. Online on Friday, I saw that the 5S was going for $100, and that I might have to take a "share everything" plan to upgrade, raising my plan to $80/month, but also doubling my data.

What I was hoping for: a discount on the 5S, since most people will be going for the 6, or a modest discount down to $60/mo or so for the unlimited talk and text and 500 MB. I had scouted Fido and others, and thought I could get the phone there for the same $100, with a plan for $70 at Fido that included international text (I have family in the US and Europe).

On Saturday morning, I called Rogers and spoke to their loyalty department. For 30 minutes, all the rep did was try to convince me that the online offer was the best deal I could make anywhere. I was a little taken aback by how certain he seemed that he had to offer me absolutely nothing to stay with Rogers. So, later that day, I went down to Rogers, planning to end my contract there and then walk next door to Fido to get the $100 phone with the $70 phone. ONLY - there WAS no Fido deal any more for less than $80 - and that plan had the exact same features as Rogers'. Not only that, but in BOTH places, AND at Bell, AND at Telus, the iPhone 5S price had been raised simultaneously on Saturday, 9/13 to $150.

AND on the phone with Rogers, at Rogers, and at Fido I heard the same thing: We had to raise our prices because we can only offer two-year contracts. Each time in the same words, Borg-like.

I know Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers. But what about Telus and Bell? Why were they all suddenly so sure I had to cave to their demands? I have NEVER come away empty-handed from a talk with Loyalty before. Is there some kind of collusion going on in anticipation of iPhone 6 and the profits it may bring?

That Fido $70 Max plan was a very short lived limited time promotion only. It was only available for about a couple weeks. It was $80 minimum before that. I knew it would be gone before a new iPhone launch...there is no way they'd undercut Rogers by $10.

via the HoFo App

Is there some kind of collusion going on in
Never!!
Now Stop sniffing over priced gazoline fumes and pay for your place in Queue.

Looking to upgrade to the iphone 6 and wondering if I'm going to be out of luck getting a discounted phone on my current plan.

This is my plan now for $63 before tax:

250 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd
Unlimited Incoming Calls
250 Wkday & Unltd Eve/Wknd Min
25 Anytime Minutes
6pm Early Eve & Wknd Calling
Unlimited Incoming Calls
iPhone Value Pack w/Unltd Msgs (6G)

Looking at these new sharing plans, it looks like the min I would be paying is $125/month to keep the 6gigs and get the discounted phone. Is that right?

So over 2 years I'd be paying an extra $1500 in monthly fees :bulging:

Has anyone successfully kept their plan with the cheaper phone? Or should I just be buying one outright?

Back