retention plans> look what i got!

Looking to upgrade to the iphone 6 and wondering if I'm going to be out of luck getting a discounted phone on my current plan.

This is my plan now for $63 before tax:

250 Wkday & Unlimited Eve/Wknd
Unlimited Incoming Calls
250 Wkday & Unltd Eve/Wknd Min
25 Anytime Minutes
6pm Early Eve & Wknd Calling
Unlimited Incoming Calls
iPhone Value Pack w/Unltd Msgs (6G)

Looking at these new sharing plans, it looks like the min I would be paying is $125/month to keep the 6gigs and get the discounted phone. Is that right?

So over 2 years I'd be paying an extra $1500 in monthly fees :bulging:

Has anyone successfully kept their plan with the cheaper phone? Or should I just be buying one outright?

They won't let you keep your plan. I know someone that has a $70 6GB and was asked to change plan to more expensive and less data.

You will have to get the phone outright.

Actually, when I caved and bought the phone, they asked if I wanted to stay with my old plan, and I did. But my old plan was only a year old and ten dollars cheaper and has half the data of the share everything plan. I pay 70 for unlimited talk and text and 250 MB data; the share everything plan was 80 for unlimited talk and text and 500 MB.

They won't let you keep your plan. I know someone that has a $70 6GB and was asked to change plan to more expensive and less data.

You will have to get the phone outright.

But they can't force me to change plans right? Or sign a new contract? (If I buy the phone from Apple).

I was debating buying outright and switching to Wind, but I don't really need the extra talk time... although the US roaming would be nice.

But they can't force me to change plans right? Or sign a new contract? (If I buy the phone from Apple).

I was debating buying outright and switching to Wind, but I don't really need the extra talk time... although the US roaming would be nice.
Yes,If you buy outright from Apple, you can keep the plan or change to Wind as it will be unlocked.

Rogers pricing on the new plans is nuts, to upgrade to a subsidized IPhone rogers wanted me to change to the new share plans that would have cost me more over the 2 years then the full retail cost of my new IPhone 6. That was not including the base cost of the phone and the early upgrade fees they wanted. the rogers rep was really pushing how great of a deal the new plans are for less features. They just don't grasp the concept that users can do the math and see the price gouging that's now going on.

Why can I get a $55 plan in Manitoba that is basically $110 here in Ontario. I hope Wind improves or a new entrant with deep,pockets comes to Ontario so we can finaly have some re competition price wise and the big three will Finaly offer competitive plans.

What a joke!!!!!

Rogers pricing on the new plans is nuts, to upgrade to a subsidized IPhone rogers wanted me to change to the new share plans that would have cost me more over the 2 years then the full retail cost of my new IPhone 6. That was not including the base cost of the phone and the early upgrade fees they wanted. the rogers rep was really pushing how great of a deal the new plans are for less features. They just don't grasp the concept that users can do the math and see the price gouging that's now going on.

Why can I get a $55 plan in Manitoba that is basically $110 here in Ontario. I hope Wind improves or a new entrant with deep,pockets comes to Ontario so we can finaly have some re competition price wise and the big three will Finaly offer competitive plans.

Rogers informed me yesterday that If I want to get the bb passport , I need to upgrade to a $95 price plan. What I joke...I am have been with them for 12 years.

Any tips would be greatly appeciated.

The best way is to keep your old an and buy the phone out right, it cost more out of pocket now but will pay for its self quickly in the monthly savings keeping your old plan

Then after 90days get the phone unlocked by Rogers then if you ever decide to leave your phone will be good to go also it adds resale value if you sell the BB

via the HoFo App

First of all, it is best to buy the phone outright. Even using a credit card, you won't pay as much extra in interest as the companies are demanding in the plans they are pushing. I have an iPhone 5C that I bought unlocked from Apple last year, and I use it on a $35/month monthly plan from Fido. I get 400 Canada-wide anytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend minutes, unlimited international texts, and 400 MB data, all of which is enough for me. And if in future I need more data or minutes, or if I see a better deal anywhere, I am free to change plans without penalty.

That said, someone in this forum said that a Rogers rep said they plan to reduce prices dramatically in that space between Christmas and New Year's - so I'm watching for what happens then before deciding whether to buy outright or sign up for a plan for other family members.

I am seeing these threads and it just confirms my view how much rogers has changed for the worse. I have been with Rogers for over 14 years and have 2 accounts with them (1 for parent). My contract is up for renew I called asking for phone upgrade and also a new contract. They say my plan is not eligible for phone upgrade so asked me to change to a more expensive plan $60/month. I say I will think about it and called by 2 days later to accept it and they say the plan is no longer available and have to move to a $80 plan for phone upgrade. For $20 more per month, I might as well buy the phone myself. So the agent was able to persuade me to change to a $65/month plan for the phone upgrade. I agreed to it and they have it on their system. After 3 weeks, they say they can no send me the phone because the $65 plan is not eligible for phone upgrade. I said the agent said it is that is why I change to the more expensive plan and this is Rogers not honoring a legal contract. The agent said they see all the note and agreement in the system but the system will not physically allow them to issue a phone upgrade.

I cant believe this, especially they have the agreement in their system note and after 14 years with Rogers? I am so done. going to cancel my parent's line. I just don't have time to go set up a new account with other provide but as soon as I have time that is it with Rogerts. Never ever will I use Rogers or refer any friends. This is the worse service ever and that they back out of their legal agreement.

To all the postings I see out there, it is cheaper just to buy a phone and switch to wind or something. That is what I am going to do or even if I have to pay $5-$10 more with Telus or Bell, I am switching !! I am from BC, not sure if other province is as bad.

I am seeing these threads and it just confirms my view how much rogers has changed for the worse. I have been with Rogers for over 14 years and have 2 accounts with them (1 for parent). My contract is up for renew I called asking for phone upgrade and also a new contract. They say my plan is not eligible for phone upgrade so asked me to change to a more expensive plan $60/month. I say I will think about it and called by 2 days later to accept it and they say the plan is no longer available and have to move to a $80 plan for phone upgrade. For $20 more per month, I might as well buy the phone myself. So the agent was able to persuade me to change to a $65/month plan for the phone upgrade. I agreed to it and they have it on their system. After 3 weeks, they say they can no send me the phone because the $65 plan is not eligible for phone upgrade. I said the agent said it is that is why I change to the more expensive plan and this is Rogers not honoring a legal contract. The agent said they see all the note and agreement in the system but the system will not physically allow them to issue a phone upgrade.

I cant believe this, especially they have the agreement in their system note and after 14 years with Rogers? I am so done. going to cancel my parent's line. I just don't have time to go set up a new account with other provide but as soon as I have time that is it with Rogerts. Never ever will I use Rogers or refer any friends. This is the worse service ever and that they back out of their legal agreement.

To all the postings I see out there, it is cheaper just to buy a phone and switch to wind or something. That is what I am going to do or even if I have to pay $5-$10 more with Telus or Bell, I am switching !! I am from BC, not sure if other province is as bad.

You can upgrade on any plan. The only exception is the new iPhone. It is for Max Plans only. This is for everyone. It is $80 minimum for all companies (current plans). If that is the one phone model you want, just buy it yourself unlocked. Or get a different phone. Even the cheapest plans will get SOME discount.

via the HoFo App

I tried 4 times to upgrade and keep my plan...250 day mins, UL weekends and nights at 6pm, UL text and MMS, Visual VM, $70/mth. They told me I had to take the $125 package, no other options. Went through retentions twice. No go. So I ended up buying the 6+ outright. Did the math. Saving $600 over the 2 yrs. Outright scam. $55 more a mth for the same package. And the rep was trying to tell me what a great deal it was

You have to be patient and keep trying Retentions. It took me almost three weeks of calling every other day. When I got decent offers from the Retentions csr, get the reference number always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying outright is absolutely the only way to go, given the ridiculous prices the companies are charging. Right now, you're saving $55 a month, but if you see a better plan at any time you're free to switch and save even more. And when you travel to the States or overseas, you can buy a temporary SIM and avoid roaming charges if you want to. It really is the only way to go if you are objectively assessing the situation, but the companies are counting on people doing things the way they always have and signing up for their "discounted phones" with outrageous prices for using that phone.

Telus is offering a black friday deal of $79 for the 16gb iPhone 6 with trade in, 179 for the 64gb iPhone 6 with trade in. called rogers, the flyers showing this are for futureshop and bestbuy and Telus's website is saying check on black friday to see the deals (assuming they will have the same deal). Called up rogers to get them to price match, fought with them for a plan, I currently have $80 for 6 GB and My10. they want to give me 3 gigs with canada wide unlimited for 80$ (6 gigs would be 100$). doesn't really fit my needs but the kicker is, even though the flyers show it because it's not on telus's website I would have to wait until friday and call in to get it. I'm already on the phone 1.5 hours at this point, further inconveniencing me by forcing me to call back to wait for delivery of the phone where if i went into the store to get it from telus I'd have it in hand is not keeping me as a customer considering every time I call customer care I get insulted and lied to.

Vote with your wallet, and move on. Less stress, and better coverage is good.

I got
4 iPhone 6's 64GB 149.99 each
No Connection Fees

8GB Shared
Unlim Canada Wide Calling/Texting
CID & Premium VM VP

$260 +tax

Not great, but what can you do.

I got
4 iPhone 6's 64GB 149.99 each
No Connection Fees

8GB Shared
Unlim Canada Wide Calling/Texting
CID & Premium VM VP

$260 +tax

Not great, but what can you do.

that's not bad. how long have you been with Rogers? interested in getting this..

I ended up resigning with them after all. The promos on my last retention deal were all expiring and they wouldn't budge on that.

First I accepted 6g for $95 and the iPhone 6 64 for $375. Then I heard about the upcoming bogo promo. Ended up with 2 iPhone 6 64s for $300 and 8g share for $165/month.

Does rogers retentions offer any discounts on devices?? Would I be wasting my time trying to get that from them?

Other companies offer port in credits, or $300-$400 small business credits after so many months.. If you can get a decent plan from the get go almost better just doing a new activation?

Does rogers retentions offer any discounts on devices?? Would I be wasting my time trying to get that from them?

Other companies offer port in credits, or $300-$400 small business credits after so many months.. If you can get a decent plan from the get go almost better just doing a new activation?
They offered me a $300 credit per line with 24 month contract but the plan itself was $20/month more for the first line and $10 per every other line. The plan itself was ok but not great so I went with month to month with an additional $10 monthly credit for 24 months no contract.

Back