retention plans> look what i got!

Getting harder to negotiate now.
I still find that if you call within 1/2hr of their closing time you get better results.
It works most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone having any luck negotiating while on the corp 350 plan?

Negotiating in what way? I’ve been able to upgrade the last three iPhones and still keep my Corp 350 plan. I haven’t gone for the iPhone X, I’m thinking of waiting to see what next gen would improve on. But the only catch was I would have to continue on a 3 year contract, but it was no big deal to me because they still gave me the same price for the phone on a two year contract.

So you have been able to get HUP?

Yes, but the catch was to continue to agree on a three year contract. I’ve tried to do the upgrade over the phone, but they always told me that I need to let go of my plan, so now I just go into. Rogers store that is able to handle corporate plans (apparently there are that don’t). I didn’t know that even existed at the time.

With my company we have 30% off on a Share everything Plan.. Here is what i got 2years ago.. Wondering if i can get something better.. We reach our 10gb 1week before the end on month..

1st line
75$ 10GB Flex Share Everything (Unlimtied voice&txt)
-22.50$ 30% off coorporate rebate
5$ iPhone pack
0.46$ 911 fee
------------
57.96$
66.64$ tax included

2nd lne
35$ (unlimited Canada wide txt&talking
-3.50$ 10% off for Desjardins members
5$ iPhone pack
0.46$ 911 fee
---------------
36.96$
42.49$ tax included

3th line
40$ Unlimited province txt&talking
-15$ 3th line promotion
0.46$ 911 fee
-----------------
25.46$
29.27$ tax included

TOTAL BILL:
138.40$

Has anyone that is on the old corp 350 plan tried switching to the new Rogers plan for $60?
Unlimited NA calling and texting & I think 10 gigs of data

Has anyone that is on the old corp 350 plan tried switching to the new Rogers plan for $60?
Unlimited NA calling and texting & I think 10 gigs of data

The only deal I saw was 5+5gb. After two years you loose the extra 5. I’m passing on that deal. It’s still more than our 350 plan.

Ooo now that’s a game changer. I’m really torn now. Should I? I rarely reach my 5 gb, and wherever I go, I’m usually around Wi-Fi.

Ooo now that’s a game changer. I’m really torn now. Should I? I rarely reach my 5 gb, and wherever I go, I’m usually around Wi-Fi.

Content online will only take up more and more bandwidth. This allows you to future proof your plan.

Yea, that’s a good point. And your right, it looks like we heading that route, but I usually am around Wi-Fi that my internet service provider offers. Especially with their hotspots being available 24/7. I’m not much of a power user like some people I know, but also don’t want to over pay for Data I won’t use. From experience, these deals usually find their way back :) Telus had that deal back to school, and they brought it back. I think I’ll wait. One can only hope, right? Lol

Question for those who did not switch to the $60 10gig plan last year.
Has anyone had any success negotiating with retentions since then?

Especially since Freedom has their $50 10gig plan as a regular plan.

So I called in last night for the 3rd time and I was ready to switch over to Telus for $50 for 20Gb. I told the csr Telus will match their plan but I would prefer to stay with Rogers.
She could not put me on the plan directly since it is for new activations only but she did add some credits to the $75 Infinite plan bringing it down to $50.
Finally I have a decently priced plan. Unfortunately they would not give me a HUP. If I wanted the iPhone 12 I would have to go on the Infinite plan but get my corporate discount.
If I did my calculations correctly I save more money buying my iPhone outright.

It sucks b/c most of the networks would wait until you leave then contact you later to match the plan through win back.

I scored an ok deal this year when renewing. They gave me 40 gigs for $50.
I just saw promos from koodo and Fido where you get 50 Gigs plus 1000 international minutes on top of your unlimited Canada calling and texting for $35

Back