WheelieBoot

ToTW Winner
HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TracFone/VZ
Device(s)
LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodwy.gallery

I'm trying this gallery app in an attempt to escape gallery apps that pop noisy intrusive ads. This one claims it won't do that.

Aside from that, it says it doesn't share or harvest data.

It is relatively simple in function but does the basics.

Edit function was accessed by choosing the item that looked like a download icon. That leads to the share / edit page.

If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it.

Sent from my moto g play - 2023 using Tapatalk

Is there a question or an observation you are making?

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I've been looking at alternate apps to replace ones that are pre-loaded such as Google Photos, or ones that have switched to paid format. I have very light usage and it wouldn't require a complex gallery/editing app to meet my needs.

When I find one that doesn't pop noisy ads, or one that doesn't harvest or share data, I try to post a link in case anyone else wants to try it.

I do notice a lot of apps share and harvest data and I try to stay away from those.

I am guessing there are others out there who get tired of searching apps for an app with no data sharing, and if I find one in my searches it may save someone else time searching.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using HoFo mobile app

From F-Droid & as always it's FREE.
Simple Gallery Pro

Contains no ads or unnecessary permissions. It is fully opensource, provides customizable colors.

I have Google Play Simple Gallery on most of my phones, had the simple basic gallery and editing features I needed, then they switched to free trial/ afterward pay to continue using. It's not a lot to keep using it, I think 2.99, but I usually don't have many photos on each phone, less than 30-40, it's why the free simple gallery apps are fine for me.

This new Gallery app I'm trying seems to be doing what I need. Time will determine if it changes, but satisfied.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I believe from F-Droid it's free not Google Play. Many apps on both stores are different with the F-Droid versions being free & the Google Play versions having pay features & crippled abilities.

Yes, I had thought F-Droid was a different source. I haven't tried them yet. Thanks for posting that for people here who may not know of it.

Back