Rogers Pay As You Go - Other Options

MC Traveller

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Rogers in NA - ALDI Talk in EU - Telstra or Vodafone in Oz
Device(s)
Samsung A50
Since there is no dedicated Canadian Prepaid folder for Rogers Pay As You Go, I guess I will post my question here.

My unlocked phone is used for emergency purposes only with the very odd call made otherwise.

What are my other pre-paid options (now that I got rid of Rogers cable TV :hehehe: Rogers pre-paid is also on thin ice)

Someone suggested 7-Eleven which looks appealing but you can't roam in the US. I do like not being charged for incoming text messages (spam) which is how Euro providers work. Why should I pay for an incoming text message that does not even concern me as I do on Rogers. :rolleyes:

What other pre-paid providers are there?

It sounds like you could switch to Fido and get the Unlimited Canadian texting plan for $100/year plan that only includes 100 local minutes per year (40 cents per minute after that). $100 per year works out to just $8.33 per month. It's the only thing I've found that's substantially cheaper than my current talk and text plan with Rogers for two phones with shared local minutes for $21 monthly per phone.

Thanks!

I am going to start chewing up the roughly $275 of airtime that I've accumulated over the years and then make a switch. In the mean time I have lots of time to track down and decide upon other providers.

Thanks!

I am going to start chewing up the roughly $275 of airtime that I've accumulated over the years and then make a switch. In the mean time I have lots of time to track down and decide upon other providers.

Well if you considering Donating this Holiday Season, then Consider this using your Prepaid Balance mobilegiving.ca

Back