Safelink lifeline with ACP will be active until May 31.

Ad Above Message List

southchatham

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
guess
Just letting people know ACP unlimited data will be good through May 31.

I have Safelink Lifeline (not ACP) I have the lowest tier service: 350 minutes, unlim texts, 4.5GB data. I just got a message from Safelink that on June 1, 2024 the Lifeline tier will upgrade to Unlimited talk and text, 10GB data, plus 5GB hotspot, each month.

I have my Safelink Lifeline on a Tracfone branded Samsung A51 phone. This is my daily use phone.
I also have a Samsung A53 5G with high balance line, plus a Moto G Stylus (2021) with an active line.
All good phones that I got with Rewards points.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I use my kid's ACP benefit for our Cox Internet. The benefit was $30/month. Today Cox informed me that a $14 "final" ACP benefit was applied to our bill.

Update: Safelink new amounts after May,31 for Lifeline only. Looks good.

Calls unlimited, text unlimited, data 10G and hot spot 5G.

I have Safelink Lifeline (not ACP) I have the lowest tier service: 350 minutes, unlim texts, 4.5GB data. I just got a message from Safelink that on June 1, 2024 the Lifeline tier will upgrade to Unlimited talk and text, 10GB data, plus 5GB hotspot, each month.

I have my Safelink Lifeline on a Tracfone branded Samsung A51 phone. This is my daily use phone.
I also have a Samsung A53 5G with high balance line, plus a Moto G Stylus (2021) with an active line.
All good phones that I got with Rewards points.
If anyone has T-Mobile coverage lifeline with Assurance Wireless gives free phone, 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, and 4.5 gb of data. Assurance is the better option.

The post-ACP Lifeline only "month" may have already started. Texting BAL to 611611 now gives the data balance remaining instead of usage:
Minutes: Unlimited
SMS: Unlimited
Data: 9.33 GB
Service End Date: May 29, 2025

[I have/had Safelink ACP+LL unlimited everything]

I've had Lifeline only (not ACP) for a couple of years. Today my Plan said Unlim/Unlim.10GB. Texting to ask for Balance had not worked for me for a long time, it just gave a blank reply. Today texting for Balance told me Unlim/Unlim/9.99GB, so they fixed that finally. They also extended my service and date a month, it was Nov 28, 2024, now Dec 28, 2024.

Sadly, my Spectrum internet that has been on ACP for the last two years is now billing me for an amount to pay. It had been $0 since my lowest tier internet plan is under $30/mo. I hope ACP comes back someday.

Has anyone been able to add their Tracfone Safelink phone to their Tracfone website account like any other active Tracfone device?

Sadly, my Spectrum internet that has been on ACP for the last two years is now billing me for an amount to pay. It had been $0 since my lowest tier internet plan is under $30/mo. I hope ACP comes back someday.
We used my daughter's ACP for Internet service (150Mbps) with Cox Cable. With $30 ACP benefit, we were paying $40/month. It would go back to $70/month in May, but Cox has a 100 Mbps plan for $30/month and ex-ACP recipients qualify for it, so we downgraded to that. We don't use Internet for streaming, so we don't notice any difference with the lower speed.

We used my daughter's ACP for Internet service (150Mbps) with Cox Cable. With $30 ACP benefit, we were paying $40/month. It would go back to $70/month in May, but Cox has a 100 Mbps plan for $30/month and ex-ACP recipients qualify for it, so we downgraded to that. We don't use Internet for streaming, so we don't notice any difference with the lower speed.
I started on the Spectrum Internet Assist 30mbps plan. We do basic web browsing and video streaming and we were totally happy with 30mbps. No problems streaming at all, even on multiple devices at once. The speed has been increased to 50mbps but we don't notice a difference. Without ACP I will be paying $25/mo.

I would like to port out of Safelink and move my ACP benefit to an AT&T MVNO, Verizon signal sucks in my location.

I would like to port out of Safelink and move my ACP benefit to an AT&T MVNO, Verizon signal sucks in my location.
To be exact, the ACP Program is no longer funded. So people who had been using their ACP Benefit for Lifeline service (Safelink, Qlink, Assurance Wireless, etc) now revert back to the old pre-EBB and pre-ACP lower level of benefit.

I don't know if any Lifeline provider use an AT&T MVNO. AT&T itself provides AT&T Lifeline service in certain areas of certain states. Check it out if you're interested. If T-mo works at your location, Qlink and Assurance Wireless provide Lifeline service that uses T-mo network.

To be exact, the ACP Program is no longer funded. So people who had been using their ACP Benefit for Lifeline service (Safelink, Qlink, Assurance Wireless, etc) now revert back to the old pre-EBB and pre-ACP lower level of benefit.

I don't know if any Lifeline provider use an AT&T MVNO. AT&T itself provides AT&T Lifeline service in certain areas of certain states. Check it out if you're interested. If T-mo works at your location, Qlink and Assurance Wireless provide Lifeline service that uses T-mo network.
My Safelink Lifeline service is still valid with ACP ending, but since Safelink is Tracfone (now VZW), after transferring my SIM to the Verizon SIM version, I live in a not so great VZW reception zone. TMO is not great either, but AT&T works great, I will check it out.

I think Airtalk is on AT&T. At least they were. Don't know if the end of ACP changes anything.
I have heard of them, I will have to check that out.

I have heard of them, I will have to check that out.
AirTalk is T-Mobile now and people on reddit haven't had good things to say about them recently.

Check if Life Wireless services your state. Uses AT&T and even gets the same data priority as postpaid Unlimited Extra EL and Unlimited Premium PL. The only thing to know about them is don't ever email them and expect a response. They always closed the tickets without responding to me or told me to call them. The other thing is that if you send/receive more than 25 MMS a month, you may have to look elsewhere.

There aren't many options for AT&T's network though.

Assurance Wireless is going to give full ACP unlimited calls and texts data until September 2024!

TracFone Lifeline is giving me unlimited calls and text with 4.5gb of data.

Assurance Wireless is going to give full ACP unlimited calls and texts data until September 2024!
Nice. Metro is only giving a $15 per month discount until September so I still have to pay $10 per month (although I have a $38 credit so technically I won't be paying anything).

TracFone Lifeline is giving me unlimited calls and text with 4.5gb of data.
Safelink Lifeline (Tracfone) upgraded my phone plan to 10GB data per month, with unlim talk and text, on June 1.
(It was previously 350 min, unlim text, 4.5GB data per month).

Back