Samsung email app, is permitted on other than Samsung devices?

joseg2016

ToTW Winner
HoFo Member
Briefly through web search still I am not clear on if Samsung email mobile app is permitted on other android smartphones or ONLY on Samsung smartphones. Finally I find a page on play dot google dot com listing Samsung mobile email app, and there is given "... for Samsung Mobile and Android OS". Do any member know for sure? Must the app be used only on Samsung android smartphones?

I think it can be used on other devices but I'm not totally sure. I have always been a fan of the Samsung Mail app and also the Samsung browser and I recall being able to use it (or one of them) on a non Samsung device in the past but I might be mis-remembering. Maybe it was a Samsung device that didn't come with it and I installed it.

I currently don't have any non-Samsung android devices to test it on or I would. But maybe someone else knows for sure.

Yes, it'll most likely work on your device even if it isn't Samsung. I installed Samsung E-Mail through APKmirror on a BLU Vivo Xl4, and it seems to be working just fine. I can't see it on the Google Play store leading me to believe Samsung doesn't want us to be able to install some of their services on other Androids...
Edit: It's now crashing like hell and doesn't seem like it wants to work anymore. I think this is because it relies on the OneUI framework to run properly.

Thanks for the warning, @TopNotch729 ! I did check on google play store (using desktop computer) and I did find the Samsung mobile email app there. I will not try to test using my current device, which is not a Samsung device.

I will not try to test using my current device, which is not a Samsung device.
You meant "I will now try to test", right?

It is a trivial thing, worse case it simply does not work, unlikely to hurt anything.

There are many apps that include the ability to package up APKs transfer them to other phones

I have dozens of older apps that Google decides to hide from my newer devices but work perfectly fine for years to come.

And that approach is safer than relying on third party APK websites where malware may possibly get planted.

SendAnywhere is my current favourite "swiss army knife" transfer tool, very fast when both devices are on the same WiFi and reliable even moving hundreds of GBs at a time.

You meant "I will now try to test", right?

It is a trivial thing, worse case it simply does not work, unlikely to hurt anything.

There are many apps that include the ability to package up APKs transfer them to other phones

I have dozens of older apps that Google decides to hide from my newer devices but work perfectly fine for years to come.

And that approach is safer than relying on third party APK websites where malware may possibly get planted.

SendAnywhere is my current favourite "swiss army knife" transfer tool, very fast when both devices are on the same WiFi and reliable even moving hundreds of GBs at a time.
No, I really do mean, I will not try to install the Samsung email app on my current android smartphone.
Why? I am not skilled nor knowledgeable enough about APK stuff; only I know to use Google's Play Store;
Android device I currently have is on version 9, so not sure it's worth the try the app , and device will not take any o.s. updates;
Current device is very limited on storage, having total capacity of 16 GB, and most of it maybe about 70% is full..

Maybe I should try the Samsung app anyway. But I already have an alternative app for email installed, which I want to keep. Main idea was maybe in a few months (or weeks) I buy a new device, not sure if Samsung A15 or something like from Motorola. If I get Samsung, then the email app would be preinstalled and my question then becomes less important (for me).

Back