AT&T Samsung i637 Jack Tips & Tricks

NYCorBUST

New member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
172
Carrier(s)
At&t
Device(s)
Blackberry Bold 9700
So I thought this may be interesting if everyone posted their Samsung i637 Jack Tips & Tricks in on thread.

This is what I have found (primarily on this site):

How to turn off 3G on Jack
enter *#1546792*# on the main screen.

after the menu shows up simply select network and take your pick. Worked like a charm for me.

GSM = no 3G​
You Tube
Google Maps
Facebook
Other Misc. Apps from Windows Mobile



I once stumbled upon a way to "make" the calendar stay on the screen (in the upper right hand corner) but I can't find it.

Anyone have any other "tips & tricks"?
 
Originally Posted by Foxbat121
You can unlock network settings use the UAMgr.exe in Windows folder. [Just find the file and "run" it] However, [you] can't app unlock means you can't modify a lot of system registries. It's a bummer.

This is not to be mistaken with unlocking the phone from the At&t network.
 
How to turn off 3G on Jack

enter *#1546792*# on the main screen.

Once you enter this you get a set of options. Some of those options require another code; and that code is:


*#81230*#


Enjoy.
 
File Path for Pictures on Today Screen

Does Anyone know how to direct the "photo's" portion of the Today Screen to the storage card; rather than to internal memory?
 
For those who want to make/change/delete sliding panels on your Samsung Jack Home Screen:

CLICK HERE for Chome Configurator

If you need/want different Icons CLICK HERE

Your Jack will give you an error that "this" will not work - no need to fret. It will still work.
 
NYCorBUST said:
For those who want to make/change/delete sliding panels on your Samsung Jack Home Screen:

CLICK HERE for Chome Configurator

If you need/want different Icons CLICK HERE

Your Jack will give you an error that "this" will not work - no need to fret. It will still work.
Seems like a bug in the program. It displays the same error on the Shadow 2009 and I have been able to use CHome Configurator on both Shadow and Jack.
 
NYCorBUST said:
Does Anyone know how to direct the "photo's" portion of the Today Screen to the storage card; rather than to internal memory?

great question, i'd love to make this happen
 
WRS2K said:
great question, i'd love to make this happen

Audio does this I wonder why pictures don't work.
 
NYCorBUST said:
For those who want to make/change/delete sliding panels on your Samsung Jack Home Screen:

CLICK HERE for Chome Configurator

If you need/want different Icons CLICK HERE

Your Jack will give you an error that "this" will not work - no need to fret. It will still work.


As a follow up, at times when utilizing this program, some buttons become inactive and I have had to turn off the phone.

At other times, I would have to remove the battery because the power button would not work.

Therefore, if you use this program - you may want to powercycle your phone immediately afterward.

FYI
 
NYCorBUST said:
Does Anyone know how to direct the "photo's" portion of the Today Screen to the storage card; rather than to internal memory?


If you create a folder named "pictures" on your storage card and place your pictures there, they will show up on the today panel.
 
ILuvMyMac said:
If you create a folder named "pictures" on your storage card and place your pictures there, they will show up on the today panel.

Seriously - Thank you!
 
Display "H" Network Connection on Jack?

Anyone know how to enable HSDPA on the Jack, or at least if the H Icon is there and we just need to "enable" the screen to display it?
This is very common Tweak on older HTC devices.....please advise, many thanks.....
 
ILuvMyMac said:
If you create a folder named "pictures" on your storage card and place your pictures there, they will show up on the today panel.


Best tip ever! Yea it was listed as My Pictures in my storage card.
 
Samsung Jack i637 Hard reset

Can someone help me on how to do a hard reset to go back to all factory settings?
 
I've tried Admin Settings many times, but I keep switching to 3G. Is there a registry edit to completely disable switching to 3G?

Anyone?

I miss bandselect from the old blackjack 2.

(sorry for posting this again, I'm just really desperate to save on battery life, especially when this seems to be working for other people but not me =( )
 
brian124 said:
I've tried Admin Settings many times, but I keep switching to 3G. Is there a registry edit to completely disable switching to 3G?

Anyone?

I miss bandselect from the old blackjack 2.

(sorry for posting this again, I'm just really desperate to save on battery life, especially when this seems to be working for other people but not me =( )


Have you tried setting it directly through the *#1546792*# code?
 
of course! i tried that and i also made a shortcut to it as well. nothing sticks. in fact, my screen is showing 3G as we speak.

i've tried changing it after a soft reset as well. i really hope there's a registry edit.

=(
 
Back
Top