AT&T Samsung Jack i637 not compatible with certain headsets

philpeeps

Carrier(s)
Cingular / ATT
Device(s)
ATT Fuze
I tried pairing with my Samsung WEP200 (Hands Free Profile only), Plantronics Voyager 510 (Hands Free Profile only) and Jabra BT530 (Hands Free and Wireless Stereo Profiles).

Results:
WEP200 - Pairs fine, answers calls but doesn't transfer audio until you toggle handfree off then on via the RSK while on the call
PLT 510 - - Pairs fine, answers calls but doesn't transfer audio until you toggle handfree off then on via the RSK while on the call
BT530 - Pairs fine, answers calls and transfers audio properly without issue.

I assume that Samsung screwed up with the BT again (MSCV incompatibilites since the i607 for voice dialing over BT) and this time the i637 is incompatible with headsets with only hands free profiles.

Anyone else have this issue? I will call in tomorrow to talk to a level 2 tech at Samsung since they were closed when i called tonight.

anyone else having this issue? I still need to call Samsung's Tech Group....

My Motorola H690 works fine 90%+ of the time. I use the headset's button to answer and end calls all the time. It even connects fine if I have the BT headset off and a call comes in. I can answer from the phone and turn on the BT headset afterwards and still connects and transfers to the headset just fine.

Quick question just in case: Do you have both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled at the same time?

I have never enabled wifi on the phone yet...

Under the advanced option for your headset, what profiles are listed. Moto's website says it has Hands Free and Headset profiles. Are both listed?

philpeeps said:
I have never enabled wifi on the phone yet...

Under the advanced option for your headset, what profiles are listed. Moto's website says it has Hands Free and Headset profiles. Are both listed?
Only Hands Free is listed.

CeluGeek said:
Only Hands Free is listed.
ok....thanks for the update. I will do some more testing with it this weekend and maybe a hard reset before calling Samsung back...

did a hard reset (master reset and master clear) last night and was able to get the headset to transfer audio normally when answering calls, but not when placing calls...will do more testing tonight...

tried using the mono audio setting on the headset page of the BT settings. with it checked, it seemed to allow the headset to function properly, until it randomly froze the phone portion of the device rendering it useless for making or taking calls until a soft reset....

did another hard reset and finally got it to work normally...not real sure what the deal was...

Hi, I´m new at this kind of pages.
I have the samsung Jack (i637) but the voice commands are dissable. I cant find how to activate them. Help please.

thanks

UPDATE: FINALLY found a fix for this on ATT's forum. This seems to happen when you are in a profile with system volume set to 0. Change it to anything other than 0 and the headset works fine. The only problem is now the silent and vibrate profiles will have slight audible system sounds when they happen. Hopefully the upcoming wm6.5 update fixes this.

Need a reliable bluetooth for samsung i637

Did changing the profile volume work for any one I have a Jack i637 for att with w.m. 6.1 but im using it with simple mobile it the cricket version but for t-mobile network anyways so i bought the Samsung WEP301 trouble sound quality i could barely here anything, so a fry electronics rep recommended a plantronics so I bought the Plan explorer 233 which was a little better but had so much static and other interference that im just like dernit i ready to chunck the phone and get another bberry.

Did changing the profile volume work for any one I have a Jack i637 for att with w.m. 6.1 but im using it with simple mobile it the cricket version but for t-mobile network anyways so i bought the Samsung WEP301 trouble sound quality i could barely here anything, so a fry electronics rep recommended a plantronics so I bought the Plan explorer 233 which was a little better but had so much static and other interference that im just like dernit i ready to chunck the phone and get another bberry.

I have used a Plantronics 520 with my Jack for over a year on both WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 and did not have any static issues or interference. MS Voice Command through the BT headset worked pretty well for the most part. The biggest feature missing in MSVC on the Jack vs. MSVC on the BJ II is that you cannot configure announcements to play through BT.

Regards,

Tom Brownell

ok thanks tom ima go get that one today i believe thats the voyager you have not sure yes i turn up the volume in the profile settings and turned the wi-fi off and now the bluetooth works better but i know i can get better and louder sound quality so ima buy the one you are using what about a wireless one for the car wanting to purchase one for the car too

Simple Mobile Provider on i637

View attachment tmotzones.CABView attachment tmotzone2.CAB
.....I have a Jack i637 for att with w.m. 6.1 but im using it with simple mobile ........

Dood! I have i637 (unlocked) but - Is it going to get 3G from Simple Mobile Provider? I know that i637 is GSM quadband with triband on the data [GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 and HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 ] but I just don't know what are the Simple Mobile requirements and whether or not i637 & 3G will work on this provider?? Also, can somebody post .cab for the Simple Mobile i-net settings? I have the T-Mobile .cabs, would those .cabs [settings] work on Simple Mobile?

anyone else having this issue? I still need to call Samsung's Tech Group....

I'm having problems too. The headset is my 2010 Kia Forte. Voice activated dialing only works about 20% of the time. If I dial from the phone itself though everything works fine. Anyone know how to make it work reliably?

Having another unrelated problem too. When I set the usb connection to "mass storage" and then set it back to "Activesync", none of the apps on the phone can access the storage card until I power cycle the phone. I've already got the WM 6.5 update installed too.

Didn't have any of these problems with my Motorola Q9H and wish I had it back :(. I'm pretty dissatisfied with the Samsung Jack. My first one started powering off on it's own after about a month. I'm on my 2nd one now.

Back