Seem Mapping Thread

This must be a CDMA-Specific seem Hack.

Seem: 41A
Rec: 1
Len: 7A
Offset: 6A
Bit: 3
Description: Menu Item: Security > Data Connection (1=On,0=Off) Provides options to change 1XRTT authentication information and service type (QNC, Packet, Auto).

I modified the Advanced Seem editor to work with the 710 and it defaults to the v710 41a seem. The app is still dangerous but may make it easier for some to use. You still need to use p2k to initialize the phone, after loading wait for it to say connected and the click the Load from Phone button.

http://sdsoft.net/v710/apps/p2kseem_v710.zip

Alot of the bits from v600 work with this phone. I will update the csv as I find new bits.

,Dave

Is PIX Verizon or Generic? Anyway, I found a nice knob:

Seem: 41A
Rec: 1
Len: 7A
Offset: 62
Bit: 5
Description: Menu Item: Messaging > Message Settings > PIX Message Setup > New / Edit / Delete (1=On,0=Off) Enables editing of PIX servers

"041a";"0001";"2C";"4";"Menu: Roaming";"on";"off"

Any ideas on this one?

Saw that pix server earlier, would be use my own so I wouldnt have to pay vzw every month for it.

Im updating the csv for that seem editor as I go, so it should get easier and easier for people to use it.

,Dave

"004A";"0001";"22";"-1";"Powerup tone";"on";"off"

So what does bit -1 mean?

Not sure, I did a find and replace on the file. They used to all say 0032.

,Dave

Did all zero's work in the seem? I'm anxious to get mapping on that, if it works.

Volume Seem

did anyone find the Volume Seem yet to adjust the volume like you can on the V600 Seem

Nice work guys, we are getting close to getting this thing the way we want it and maybe even BT working:)

It looks like that -1 means its disabled from the app.

,Dave

Well using an alternative PIX server worked... but it looks like the PIX protocol is very proprietary, so unless there's some PIX server software out there, someone's going to have to decipher the protocol. If I have time to indulge this weekend I'll take a look at it. It's binary, but most of the info is in plain text.

Looks like there's a bunch of binary data, then a SMIL file...found a little info on smil files here: http://www.w3schools.com/smil/smil_files.asp all in all, I can imagine it wouldn't be difficult to code a small PIX server to shoot emails. It's HTTP request-based, so all you'd need to do is set up a CGI to listen and fire off emails. I can imagine this would severely piss off Verizon if their customers found a way around their evil empire.

jzdziarski said:
Well using an alternative PIX server worked... but it looks like the PIX protocol is very proprietary, so unless there's some PIX server software out there, someone's going to have to decipher the protocol. If I have time to indulge this weekend I'll take a look at it. It's binary, but most of the info is in plain text.

From another perspective, if you can enable the email client then why worry about pix at all?

Assuming you could, you're right - haven't found that yet.

Had a close call though - one seem bit (the v600's AOL bit), when unset, prevented the phone from booting. I had to pull the battery and plug in the power cord, at which point the connection came up while the phone was off so I could restore the seem. Phew.

Seem 41E, Size 0x80 looks like it has some useful info in it.

For those of you who don't want to edit seems, here's a copy that does a few useful things:

1. Enables "Security > Data Connection" menu for 1XRTT Settings
2. Enables "Messaging > Message Settings > PIX Message Setup > New / Edit / Delete" menus to edit PIX server info
3. Enables "Settings > In Call Setup > Call Guard" menu

The three useful options that seem to actually work on the v710.

Off to bed.

Heh,

Thats on my list, have you tried setting any bits yet.

Back