Student Discount Question

Paulo1300

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Verizon
Device(s)
DROID X2
my dad pays the cell phone bill and we do not have any discounts on our account. i was wondering if i can apply the student discount i get to our account even though i am not the primary line

if not, will they be able to tell that my dad is not the person who is the student if i use all his info except use my email?

any info would be greatly appreciated :D

Go to studentrate.com and see if they haven anything for Verizon. Usually 10-15% off on plans there if you are a college student.

What student discount? Last I heard and tried, verizon was like the only carrier that didn't offer a discount.

Bandit390 said:
What student discount? Last I heard and tried, verizon was like the only carrier that didn't offer a discount.

They do. They have one for LSU (Louisiana State University) Auburn University, University of North Alabama, etc.

to get any discount the name of the account has to be in the name of the person wanting the discount.

i switched myself to the primary line awhile ago. so i lucked out
and im pretty sure any email that ends in .edu will get you a student discount
i got 15% when i called

maybe i should sneak a droid on my line and daddio wont even notice because i saved him as much as the data plan will cost :yummy:

Paulo1300 said:
i switched myself to the primary line awhile ago. so i lucked out
and im pretty sure any email that ends in .edu will get you a student discount
i got 15% when i called

maybe i should sneak a droid on my line and daddio wont even notice because i saved him as much as the data plan will cost :yummy:

That's false.

I go to Louisiana State University - Shreveport.

email x@lsus.edu

and get no discount and if there was, it's probably just on the plan. I saw sprints discount was on the plan and all the extra lines.

Who did you call? I already called sales and went online.

type ur email in here

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication.jsp

check ur email to see what percent u get off (if any)

i go to university of michigan, and it worked.. id imagine most big schools have the discount

it only works on lines that are at least 34 bucks or something
meaning the primary line.. but i guess if u get data on some lines it will be on all the lines with it because each line should cost 40 bucks? im not sure
wasnt my situation, so i didnt look into it

or i think u need an email per line.. i dunno. just try it

when i called i just did *611 then pressed 0 to get to a person and then talked to her.. i had to be the primary line (because that was the only one over 35 bucks)

@reallyneat - chism played real good today

Its ONLY the primary. My boyfriend and I both have a UTK email, but it on;y allows you to apply one.

Depending on the deal, it might be off data as well. he only pays 23.xx for his data plan cause of the discount.

ReallyNeatGirl said:
Its ONLY the primary. My boyfriend and I both have a UTK email, but it on;y allows you to apply one.

Depending on the deal, it might be off data as well. he only pays 23.xx for his data plan cause of the discount.

Not necessarily. It depends on the deal your institution worked out. My former employer had a deal with Verizon that was 10% off up to 3 lines.

I thought these were "corporate" discounts.

You can only get it if you are an employee... not a student?

no i called, its a student discount also
they just dont have a separate page for it

Bandit390 said:
That's false.

I go to Louisiana State University - Shreveport.

email x@lsus.edu

and get no discount and if there was, it's probably just on the plan. I saw sprints discount was on the plan and all the extra lines.

Who did you call? I already called sales and went online.

http://www.uas.lsu.edu/verizon/lsu-students.html

I miss Shreveport.. BTW, stay away from Sprint in Shreveport area. It's horrible in Shreveport/Bossier City. Also, they still don't have 3G which is sad.

Back