suggestion for new forum feature

Qt0

HoFo Member
The old forum had a little arrow next to main forum 'headers' which would allow you to collapse all the sub-forums under it. But there does not appear to be an option to collapse/minimize the sub-forums anymore

XenForo surprisingly does not provide this function natively. We'd have to look into a third-party add-on.

XenForo surprisingly does not provide this function natively. We'd have to look into a third-party add-on.
Don't worry, I'd rather not have some features as opposed to the 2010s design VBulltien still uses.

Attachments

• awful.jpg
    awful.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
I know it is an option to turn of sigs

Can there be some image scaling implemented? Some people's images in sigs are massive in size. Like half a foot, or larger, on my screen.
Not just sig images though. A post like this, https://howardforums.com/threads/fr...info-discussion.1926340/page-39#post-17275904 where the pictures are MASSIVE and I have to scroll for what seems to be many literal feet down to get past that one post.

Wow I've never seen that before. That is huge.

A person could modify it directly in the post by just dragging the corners.

So I'll post it here - here's three of them.

big.jpg ........ two.jpg ..... three.jpg

Last edited:
Do it like this:

Capture.JPG

Select the image and then resize it by pulling it down from the corner.

I think the person has to size how they want it and in this case smaller would be better.

Last edited:
Some people's images in sigs are massive in size. Like half a foot, or larger, on my screen.
Not just sig images though. A post like this, https://howardforums.com/threads/fr...info-discussion.1926340/page-39#post-17275904 where the pictures are MASSIVE and I have to scroll for what seems to be many literal feet down to get past that one post.

Do you have any examples of large signature images. I can't seem to post an image in a signature. It's asking for a url. I imagine though one could size it better there too.

sig.JPG

When i press control +P in the edit signature area it bring up that url box or a printing screen.

As far as attachment goes it gives you the choice to insert a thumbnail or full image.

Both in this case yield the same. Well the thumbnail just shows the image again.

attach.JPG

Thumbnail

129826-4c61bd697140e3b732d08a4b97dfbafb.jpg

Full image

129826-4c61bd697140e3b732d08a4b97dfbafb.jpg

You can also just post it inline instead of messing with attachment here:

ok.JPG

Then post it however

11.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any examples of large signature images. I can't seem to post an image in a signature. It's asking for a url. I imagine though one could size it better there too.
Mine? I originally made it an image on the old forum I think because the old forum wouldn't allow me to put that many characters in my signature. I haven't tried in the new forum.

That doesn't look bad to me though. Do you not like it?

How did you get it there? I don't see how to add an image to signature other than by url. Maybe it transferred from old forum.

Added: you made it smaller. You dragged the corners i bet.

That doesn't look bad to me though. Do you not like it?

How did you get it there? I don't see how to add an image to signature other than by url. Maybe it transferred from old forum.

Added: you made it smaller. You dragged the corners i bet.
Yes, it carried over from the old forum. Yes, I made it a little smaller after I saw your posts about resizing images.

Yes, it carried over from the old forum. Yes, I made it a little smaller after I saw your posts about resizing images.

Yeah I guess it does look a little bit better smaller like that. It didn't look that bad to me before though. It was very legible.

Yeah I can add an image to my signature if I use a image hosting service like postimage. (choose direct link)

Then you can resize it once it is there.

Example:

11.JPG

ok.JPG

Last edited:
Mine? I originally made it an image on the old forum I think because the old forum wouldn't allow me to put that many characters in my signature. I haven't tried in the new forum.
Yours doesn't work for me. Shows the broken image icon.

Yours doesn't work for me. Shows the broken image icon.

How are you viewing it.... which browser/OS?

His looks like this:

new.JPG

The signature:

Forum Sig - MVNOs & Phones - 2020-05-21 - 95%.jpg

Can you see the one I added to mine? I made it a hot linked image.
I'm not keeping it there this is just for science :)

Edited... showing an image of it since I removed it from my signature:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
How are you viewing it.... which browser/OS?

His looks like this:

View attachment 175174

The signature:

View attachment 175175

Can you see the one I added to mine? I made it a hot linked image.
I'm not keeping it there this is just for science :)
I can see yours. His just shows the broken image icon.

I am using Brave on Windows but I tested Edge and it works there. Not worth troubleshooting any further lol.

I'll try to post an example when I come across one again. From recollection, it was speed test results. So, it might be how this forum handles those (maybe a link, or a link to an image?) which once is on here, gets blown up in a very large size. The reason why I made that post was because I have a hunch that there is no automatic image scaling in the forums (some sites detect the resolution of your display/monitor/phone/tablet etc and can automatically scale things based on the resolution)

Back