T-Mobile LTE Speed Tests

B4 20x20, B2 10x10 and B12 5x5.View attachment 164205

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

It took T-Mobile 4 tickets before they would actually check the site. Initial results (first ticket) came back as 'no alarms, customer issue'). The overseas team reopened it but put in bad info such as 'poor signal' instead of 'slow internet', which had them auto close.
Finally - had them visit the site (need multiple tickets - preferably from multiple numbers!) to have someone physically check the issue. Issue ended up being a local site backhaul issue which was ... setting off alarms for throughput.
This area is still heavily used - but now I'm hitting 3-10Mbps in the area vs. 0.5Mbps. The area is technically cell edge, which doesn't help, but in early mornings, I'll hit 70Mbps there, and +120 when I'm not on the edge of the sector. I was lucky to EVER pass 40Mbps in the past.

MWC19 Los Angeles speed test results: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/how-did-carrier-networks-hold-up-against-crowds-at-mwc-la

Teaser: T-Mobile came in 3rd place overall.

Not surprising in downtown L.A. On T-Mobile, I typically have not had 'as good' of downloads/uploads in places in L.A. as I do with my AT&T work iPhone. Eg. in the San Fernando Valley, I can typically hit 220-280Mbps near Frys on AT&T. Most of the valley, I'll be lucky to hit 150Mbps on T-Mobile. That being said, AT&T's sites are typically further apart, so speeds are great near their sites... but fewer of them. While T-Mobile's is typically better 'overall'.
This is similar where I live.
AT&T 'near the site' - ~150Mbps, in between sites ... ~8-10Mbps.
T-Mobile near the sites '100-200Mbps', in between the sites ~20-50Mbps.

In rural areas... this is not the case, but more like the reverse.

Agreed- I’d rather have a better average speed all over town rather than insane speeds close to the sites and slow speeds further away.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

IMG_0221.jpg this is the fastest speed I have seen so far.

IMG_0357.jpg and this is what I’m seeing all too often.

Sent from my iPhone 11

Walmart Headquarters
Bentonville, AR
fa6acb9245bc09a5c73cfe0bee97b383.jpg

7947875794f7fbdbac1035d4093c8e69.jpg
Well I beat my old record. This is the highest upload I have personally seen on LTE. Jamestown, NC

Sent from my iPhone 11

That one sector is typically underutilized. Typically on the site in my area, I get half of that. Most sites have capacity for close to 300Mbps per sector on b2 10x10 and b4 20x20, and there are a lot of sites here. B12 is rarely used with carrier aggregation.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Man...the speeds here keep getting better. I have yet to see 400+ personally not including 5G UWB.

With nationwide 5G coming December 6th, can't wait to see speeds, coverage, carrier size.

Man...the speeds here keep getting better. I have yet to see 400+ personally not including 5G UWB.

With nationwide 5G coming December 6th, can't wait to see speeds, coverage, carrier size.
Well where I live in New Jersey which is only 45 minutes from New York City T-Mobile's network is nowhere near ready for home internet let alone 5G.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well where I live in New Jersey which is only 45 minutes from New York City T-Mobile's network is nowhere near ready for home internet let alone 5G.

Here, T-Mo has pretty good density and great speeds but they don't have 600 deployed yet. Not sure when metro Detroit will be cleared so we'll have to wait. When the merger is complete and they transition all that midband over they will be killer.

Here, T-Mo has pretty good density and great speeds but they don't have 600 deployed yet. Not sure when metro Detroit will be cleared so we'll have to wait. When the merger is complete and they transition all that midband over they will be killer.
Oh yes I can agree with that definitely. But the problem is for me that there's not a lot of places to install cell sites or even small cells I highly doubt my area will ever get consistent 5G connectivity let alone home internet from T-Mobile.

My first experience with B71 @ 5MHz inside my house. Signal around -115 to -120dBm. “Revolutionary” indeed.
d0c8adde3f34e088e0efaf87e75f142b.jpg

IMG_1810.jpgIMG_1814.jpg more wonderful speeds from T-Mobile in Burlington NC at Applebee’s

Sent from my iPhone 11

Back