TARGET Spend $50 get $5 off prepaid airtime cards

FWIW: I didn't run into any limits on ordering today. Got the remaining $400 worth of cards I needed for my wife's service and mine for the next year. I just bought one at a time with about 5 minutes of delay between getting the card in email and placing the next order. Previously, I'd get a limit message when I tried to buy more than one or two in a day.

I'm debating buying my wife's $300 worth of $50 cards now, for her July renewal, just in case the deal stops being offered, or in case Target starts collecting tax on AT&T Prepaid refill cards, like has been reported for some other prepaid refill cards they sell.

I missed the boat on this one. Does anybody know if there is still a deal going on At&t refills? Also, are they charging sales tax on At&t refills?

I missed the boat on this one. Does anybody know if there is still a deal going on At&t refills? Also, are they charging sales tax on At&t refills?

There will likely be another deal in the next week or two due to black Friday coming up. Just check the Target website every day as they also occasionally offer one-day deals. I don't pay sales tax on the cards in NC, but other states may do so. Put a card in your cart on the website and see if there is sales tax included when you go to check out. If so, then your state charges tax on prepaid cards.

No taxes on ATT/Cricket refills. There are on TMobile and Tracfone cards. Haven't checked the others. Verizon is still free as I recall. Odd that it's not consistent across the board.

Yeah in Illinois I'm still getting my Verizon cards tax free. That's so odd how it depends on the carrier.

Save 50% on an AT&T prepaid phone with $65+ airtime card and Buy 1, get 1 10% off prepaid airtime cards through 11/25.

I bought a $300 AT&T card last April from Kroger for $284, today six $50 cards from Target is $285.
How often does Kroger run their deal(s)?

How soon prior to the renewal do most buy the discounted cards?

I bought a $300 AT&T card last April from Kroger for $284, today six $50 cards from Target is $285.
How often does Kroger run their deal(s)?

How soon prior to the renewal do most buy the discounted cards?

Target regularly does $5 off $50. Better deal than BOGO 10% off and your Kroger deal.

Target regularly does $5 off $50. Better deal than BOGO 10% off and your Kroger deal.[/QUOTE
The last $5 off $50 Target deals were the weeks begining on:
10/22
8/20
6/25
4/30
So roughly every 2 months. But most years they have had a either $5 off $50 or a "buy one get a second one 15% off" around either Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

On a side note,

Target, $100 apple card = $15 target gift card.
Target circle, 3 purchase’s of $100 = $30 gift card.
Was trying to do 4, they cut me off at 3.

Target regularly does $5 off $50. Better deal than BOGO 10% off and your Kroger deal.

Not regularly enough. I just placed an order for a $100 card and was charged the full amount.
I got the discount last year, but not today.

New problem: Does anyone know how to enter the PIN of the prepaid card into the phone to add the airtime into the phone's account balance? I got this code for my Dad and now I can't find the instructions for how to enter the PIN. I've had no problem finding it in past years. My dad does not have Internet or a computer to go to the online portal. Does AT&T even allow people to enter the PIN through their phone anymore? They keep changing things, so it wouldn't surprise me if they changed this as well.

EDIT: I found the instructions on an old paper I thought I had thrown away. Here it is: *888* PIN # SEND

We won't be trying this for about another week, so there is no telling if it will work or not. The fact that they don't put this information online anymore might be an indication that this method is no longer a valid way of doing it.

Last edited:
The sale is back on. For a $50 refill with the Re Card discount it is $42.75

Offer valid through 3/2/2024.

The sale is back on. For a $50 refill with the Re Card discount it is $42.75

Offer valid through 3/2/2024.

Thanks, I was waiting for it. BTW just to confirm - you need to purchase each card in different order to get the discount right? So for $300, you would need to place 6 orders.

Thanks, I was waiting for it. BTW just to confirm - you need to purchase each card in different order to get the discount right? So for $300, you would need to place 6 orders.

Correct. At least in my experience.

I purchased 6 refills $50 value for $42.75 each. For a two line family plan including 5GB, Hotspot and 5G access, AT&T with multi line and debit card discount plus the Target deal I pay $42.75 per month. This suits me fine with roll over I have anywhere from 8 to 9GB a month since most of my usage is on WiFi.

I usually look ahead and get as many refills to last me till the next possible sale. July 4th, Labor Day, Black Friday, Presidents Day. Rinse and repeat.

AT&T's website to find the plans is an ordeal, they want you to get the unlimited plans and **** with you. Gave up searching for family plans that are not unlimited. What a cluster **** to navigate their site.

Last edited:
Is the current BOGO 10% off about as good as it gets these days for Target?

Back