The forums have been broken for a month or more now

Qt0

I know that there will be a switch to a new forum, but in the meantime, the current forum has been almost unusable for me.
I will try to attach a screenshot to better illustrate the problem.
This is on a windows pc with firefox
I tried clearing cache etc, no change.
I tried on another browser (microsoft edge), and no change.

even this compose box is all wonky

also, directly inserting images in topics seem to be broken for me as well, but I uploaded them here:

https://imgur.com/eClXAOr

and

https://imgur.com/KFk8Xze

I have been having issues all over the website and with different browsers and PCs the past month, where when I click on something I get a blank white screen. Sometimes, I have to refresh MANY times to get the page to display.

That said, just in the last few days, that issue is almost gone. I also noticed something new, in that when I return to a forum from a post I have read, the link no longer stays highlighted dark blue, as if unread, requiring me to refresh the page when I want to see which posts have already been read.

It does appear that some improvements are now taking hold.

I'm having both of the issues described above. The image upload is especially frustrating, but Howard is looking into it.

I have been having issues all over the website and with different browsers and PCs the past month, where when I click on something I get a blank white screen. Sometimes, I have to refresh MANY times to get the page to display.

That said, just in the last few days, that issue is almost gone. I also noticed something new, in that when I return to a forum from a post I have read, the link no longer stays highlighted dark blue, as if unread, requiring me to refresh the page when I want to see which posts have already been read.
I guess I spoke too soon. The read threads/forums remain highlighted dark blue until refreshed, again. Some blank/white screens and longer refresh waits are reoccuring, but usually only need one refresh to reappear.

It appears the forum is back to normal again. What a relief ;)

I can't get into the forum with the HoFo app anymore on multiple phones, only the Tapatalk app, so am using the web version to post this. The web version is a bit different than the app but it's a lot better than it used to be.

I really liked the HoFo app for EZ in EZ out.

I can't get into the forum with the HoFo app anymore on multiple phones, only the Tapatalk app, so am using the web version to post this. The web version is a bit different than the app but it's a lot better than it used to be.

I really liked the HoFo app for EZ in EZ out.

I’m having no issues with the app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which phones are you having issues with?

I’m having no issues with the app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which phones are you having issues with?
I'm using Motorola phones. TF activated Moto Optimo Maxx, not active TF Moto G Pure to name a few. I have Tapatalk app on my AT&T Moto 2023 Play and that's ok.

I'm wondering if it's the weak WiFi connection, but was thinking that the app was no longer being supported. It's been refusing to load for a couple of days. It loads some thread titles but if I try to open the conversations or change tabs nothing loads.

If your phone is working with the HoFo app then the problem may be at my end. I can try using my T-Mo hotspot connection instead of the house WiFi.

Thank you for the input.

I'm using Motorola phones. TF activated Moto Optimo Maxx, not active TF Moto G Pure to name a few. I have Tapatalk app on my AT&T Moto 2023 Play and that's ok.

I'm wondering if it's the weak WiFi connection, but was thinking that the app was no longer being supported. It's been refusing to load for a couple of days. It loads some thread titles but if I try to open the conversations or change tabs nothing loads.

If your phone is working with the HoFo app then the problem may be at my end. I can try using my T-Mo hotspot connection instead of the house WiFi.

Thank you for the input.

Try clearing the cache in settings and see if that works.

The custom forum app is no longer supported and hasn't been for some time. The regular Tapatalk app works and the XenForo web app (what I use) is actually really good.

We most likely will not be commissioning another custom forum app due to limited resources.

I'll just use TapaTalk, will install it on my devices. I haven't heard of XenForo.

Thank you for the update.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Yes, it's really just a web app that you can add to your home screen when you visit the site from a mobile device.IMG_2786.jpeg

I don't use a smartphone to view the site normally but when i visit Hofo on an iphone, there is a link under the menu to install app and basically you add it to the home page like a shortcut and use the site like that. Seems to work fine. I don't know how android is.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Added: When i visited with Android I didn't see the install the app link. But its the same site. It works fine.

Last edited:
That page says they have no iOS app due to Apple not yet supporting the PWS standard

Yeah I saw that. Seems both android and ios use the same mobile website they have. iOS gets an install link that leads to creation of bookmark to the homescreen. I didn't see it offered on my samsung. But I guess you can still create a link.

Back