Tracfone are thieves

kingc

HoFo Member
Probably nothing new. Just wanted to post that on the $15 a month smartphone plan I banked several month balance in Jan with refill pins. The service date end is May 2, with the account website saying I have 17 days of active service remaining. On April 10, they deactivated my service due to what they say is zero balance. I called four different times and tried to get resolution on my paid up service. No luck from a group of nitwits.
Buyer beware.

The month by month refills are stupid pricey anyway.

Get an annual bundle deal from HSN QVC or TF's eBay store, much cheaper even if you toss the phone after transferring the service time / buckets

The month by month refills are stupid pricey anyway.

Get an annual bundle deal from HSN QVC or TF's eBay store, much cheaper even if you toss the phone after transferring the service time / buckets

Yeah Kingc, you didn't let Tracfone rape you correctly. Follow this advice to spend more $$ and let them really screw you harder.

/s

WTF Paul ?!

Jump ship and switch to US Mobile

Or, the OP could switch to Tello. This is for anyone who nerds to leave.

Tello allows hotspot use of data, and can rollover data if the plan is renewed early before auto refill date.

The plans are cheap and customizable. I'm on the $6/mo plan with 100mins, unlimited SMS, and 1gb data. I'm signed up to renew with PayPal.

I ported one of my expiring TF numbers over. Tello assigns a new # to activate, then after activation if you want to port a number, you fill out the online port form with your TF phone's IMEI # as the account #, and text customer service 611611 on the phone to receive a port pin.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using Tapatalk

Sorry, don't know how else to ask......or where....

Refilled 1year unlimited plan 4 months before expiration........now being told that I forfeited those four months by refilling early but I get full data carryover.......can this be true or just their ( Tracfone customer service) way of saying we don't know how to fix this problem???

Sorry, don't know how else to ask......or where....

Refilled 1year unlimited plan 4 months before expiration........now being told that I forfeited those four months by refilling early but I get full data carryover.......can this be true or just their ( Tracfone customer service) way of saying we don't know how to fix this problem???

I think this happened to someone else. Maybe Pitflyer?

I believe you should have 16 month service end date since 4 months + 12 months = 16 months and the time should stack.

In any case, the TF corporate office may be able to help you.

1-800-626-4883 extension 3324

Added: Best to call from a different phone than the line or device that you are calling about. You may need to restart the troubled device or it could get restarted or reset and being on a different line keeps you connected to the rep.

Also, the best time to call is Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. They are open at other times but you may get a better quality rep during admistrative hours (or not).

If the call answers "the wireless caller you have called ..." just hang up and call again.

Enter the extension when prompted.

If you get no help when you call, you can try calling again since it is usually a fast call and some reps are better than others.

Last edited:
That definiyely is NOT how it is supposed to work.

Did you add your UNL plan to a line that was on a PayGo one?

I added the new unlimited plan to a phone that has had unlimited one-year plan for several years, with a 3-bucket balance that has remained unused since the first unlimited was added. The total service end date did receive 365 days but the unlimited service end date received 13 months from date of purchase of the refill that I bought 4 months early, thus shorting me 3 months unlimited talk/text that was in the currently active plan.....customer service used the word forfeited...... Also
mentioned reserve, with conflicting answers saying that reserving start of new plan until old one lapses only available via renewing with agent and another saying that the option to add immediately or place in reserve is offered in the online purchase routine.....and the system won't let them change my situation as much as they understand my position (that I was not informed)......even said that adding 2 30-day unlimited cards at the same time would yield a total of 30 days of unlimited service...... Thank you all for the replies......

The total service end date did receive 365 days but the unlimited service end date received 13 months from date of purchase of the refill that I bought 4 months early, thus shorting me 3 months unlimited talk/text that was in the currently active plan.

Yeah it sounds like you were shorted three months of unlimited plan service.

Seems like you only received 9 months unlimited plan service time since 4 preexisitng + 9 = 13 (instead of 4 + 12 =16) and the missing 3 months time was soley credited to the line service end date. Basically to the paygo.

To fix they could extend your unlimited plan service end date by 3 months.

Maybe you could contact the TF/FCC complaint department line and explain how you were shorted and dont want to contact the FCC about it and maybe they could help you if the TF corporate office is no help. Someone used it to get balances fixed one time.

TF/FCC complaint department line: 888 251-8169 PIN # 1120

Last edited:
Yes it happened to me.

In my case they told me it was in reserve and would extend upon renewal. I don't believe anything TracFone says so I ported that line out even before the 'earlier' expiration.

Others have had similar things happen where balances or dates are not correct and get them corrected via a useful agent. Those are very far and between but you can try. I have been similarly losing time on a monthly renewal. Now I purposely wait till a day or two before expiration just in case they mess up again.

Thanks to all....I have now experienced the tracfone nightmare.....I tried the corporate number from tomseys and on my 2nd agent try my phone stopped working, no network connections.... Called back on a backup tracfone....among other things.....remove/replace Sim card....various hangups and recalls..
All the time my account balance remained as expected..... Told only thing left to do was factory reset. Was talking about how I could transfer service to another phone when the main phone began working but account zeroed out. Missing 42+GB on unlimited plan, 6+GB 4000+ text 3000+minutes on pay as you go.......then the backup phone stopped working......then its account of 800+min 1400+txt 1.2+GB got zeroed......several hours, hangups, waiting for callback, call backs......and I have been given 10GB on unlimited plan, correct minutes and texts on pay as you go plan but no data......with promises that data would be restored gradually and check in an hour.....on backup phone 99 minutes, no txt and no data.....so out 39+GB on main phone....no ticket number to refer to......being largely homebound without WiFi this turns my life upside down from groceries to banking......I may actually be forced to buy another 1 yr unlimited just for the data.....12GB would be $120 by itself as add-on......changing carriers and phone numbers time consuming.....

Oh well.....not a rant worthy of the situation

Thanks again to all who replied

Oh man that does sound like a nightmare I'm sorry you are going through that. I don't what they could have done to cause that or with multiple phones. It's friday night now, generally it's better to call during the day. But that's very unusual.

I've seen a lot of problems in general with the unlimited plans and I avoid them like the plague.

Generally though, if you are calling about a line issue or phone issue, don't call from the line or phone that needs to be fixed since you may need to restart it and do things. Anyway, i hope you get it sorted it out quickly.

Last edited:
The total service end date did receive 365 days but the unlimited service end date received 13 months from date of purchase of the refill that I bought 4 months early, thus shorting me 3 months unlimited talk/text that was in the currently active plan.....customer service used the word forfeited......

Out of curiosity, in your account, where do you see the unlimited service end date? I added a 1 year, unlimited talk & text plus 24 GB of data to a plan with three buckets. But all I see in my account is unlimited talk & text, the amount in my data bucket and the overall service period which got extended a full year. But I don't see a separate date for when the unlimited plan is expiring.

Update after waiting 30 minutes: 9.77 GB added to pay as you go bucket....more than due but not usable until???? either the unlimited plan expires or the unlimited data-balance is depleted, not sure.

After more time on phone with customer service I got 2 ticket numbers....the backup phone was returned exactly as due....was told to wait 24 hours as there is a limit of 10GB that can be added back each day on the main phone...

Was also told that the balance of the unlimited plan would be distributed 2GB per month and to wait....informed them that the entire 24 GB had been added to the account minutes after purchase......

So......I guess I have to wait and see if there is further adjustment after 24 hours.....hard to say......she did get the backup phone done correctly.......

Been trying to resolve original problem since 9:40 this morning.......

Out of curiosity, in your account, where do you see the unlimited service end date? I added a 1 year, unlimited talk & text plus 24 GB of data to a plan with three buckets. But all I see in my account is unlimited talk & text, the amount in my data bucket and the overall service period which got extended a full year. But I don't see a separate date for when the unlimited plan is expiring.
I text USAGE to 611611 almost daily......it lists unlimited plan expiration date and Service until date as well as unlimited plan balance data

Back