Tracfone are thieves

Ad Above Message List
attach screenshots as documents
Just occurs to me......tracfone recently (around April 21)eliminated the date/time tag from the balance report you get when you text 611611 for balance.....so the screenshots I have of all my balance-texts since then don't really stand on their own.....

Just occurs to me......tracfone recently (around April 21)eliminated the date/time tag from the balance report you get when you text 611611 for balance.....so the screenshots I have of all my balance-texts since then don't really stand on their own.....
I don't know about your phone, but the time and date the text message was received, is still visible on my screen. But send what you have. They don't really argue very much with your documentation. The issue is usually still getting to someone who has the authority & knowledge to add everything back to the account in a correct manner.

Usually you have the time from the text message app and maybe even the phone itself.

IMG_0592.PNG

But like said, anything will be good because it is true and if they research it they will see it.

In addition to 611611 and app balances, I'll usually grab an account balance from the website, and throw in the time and date from computer's system tray using a screenshot delay since I have to rest my mouse on it.

new.JPG

I believe part of the reason you are having these problems is because unlmited truly does not mix well with paygo in the TF system.

So when they attempt fixes, the system messes up because it can't do it.

But if you get someone really good, maybe they can untangle it and recreate the buckets.

I had forgotten to ask for any recommendations, referrals to threads,etc regarding the easiest or best or cheapest or fastest way to get a different carrier including sim card/phone, port number, etc in order to reacquire the reliability I need....

There is a site here where you can compare services and plans.

I believe it is run by member Yeswap.

Also, members boz1 and hpham and others are pretty knowlegeable about other providers and may be able to offer suggestions.

Added: If you decide to leave TF, you may want to create a new thread and ask questions about this and the porting out process in it etc.

This way it might get quality attention with a relevant thread title.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great info and support everybody.....

Short update....talked to agents til approx 11:30pm Friday May 17.....received conflicting information and abundant promises if I would give the ticket 24hrs, 4 to 24 hours, and 24 to 48 hours to be responded to.....

Called Saturday, approximately 28 hours after getting ticket #....main phone zapped again while on with customer service.....go to backup phone again.......It is zapped Again.....backup phone restored no problem (pay go only).....main phone restored to 2GB......call some more times, disconnected more times, then main phone goes to zero again, call more on backup phone, main phone restored to 24GB around 10:49pm.....had received conflicting info about ticket: already responded to and 2GB was all I get....already responded to and unlimited is all I get.....need to wait 24-48 hours for final determination

Call Sunday May 19....ticket has been responded to and pay go balance, carryover unlimited balance(24GB new plus approx 20GB carryover from previous year's unlimited plan is how I got to 42GB I think. I'm guessing they were eliminating the 6.65GB pay-go balance which would have brought me to the 49.37GB total data balance I had at the time of the original zeroing), they will not be forthcoming, can't be done, etc despite having been restored last week to approx 86% with exactly correct minutes and texts but only 42 of 49 total GB........I disputed......same ticket was reopened .....24-48 hours to wait......

There's lotsa gory details that will come to mind that are just a blur right now.

So I have service to 2030 according to 611611texts, 2029 according to agent, but unlimited ends in 2025. Agent said I will have to wait for unlimited to expire and then I can add pay-go balance.....others have said it will reappear automatically once unlimited expires....

The whole put-new-plan-in-reserve vs add - immediately thing seems like a kind of internet scam where someone hopes that an unsuspecting, naive, or bewildered individual will hit the wrong link that then flushes a few hundred dollars their way with no possibility of retrieval.....but the agents are remarkably consistent with each othe in their insistence that that choice is what brought about this entire situation...... like its a new script that everyone got recently and was made to learn by heart.....

I don't know where this will all lead. I have a few other tornadoes in
my life right now and time is not plentiful......

It was stable and usable for about 3 years.....lately, about a week at a time......I'd hate to be stranded and need to get an Uber to get home........

Back