Tracfone data vanishes randomly?

I think most issues come from stacking UNL to active UNL

or trying to overlay UNL over existing PayGo.

Sometimes it's just the MyAccount user interface that's borked

once only the underlying furthest service date single plan is left, turns out things were working OK after all

Well I didn’t expect that.

On call back from the BBB complaint, he called back with an update saying he added the 3100 points and by Thur, I should have all my GB. He also said my screenshots were more than enough. He even let me keep the Bonus 1,000 pts for a new account.

I was recommended online to do both a FCC & BBB complaint but he said they were both assigned to him which seems different than most say online when they did both.

Congrats. Take screenshots of it all once you get it as you know.

Does anyone know if should be OK to redeem two free months once the 1,000 points are no longer pending?

My ending service date is 5/15 and I'm thinking that it would be nice to add two months (2k each) to the reserve.

You can zero out balances for any reason. I had a straight forward qvc line with 1500/1500/1500 for one year that suddenly went to zero about 30 days in. Never stack never moved to another phone even. Also never took screenshots (maybe I can send in the original order conf) but now have 1000/1000/0 after no actual use. Since system texts still work it's ok and I just grin and bear it to unlock some remaining phones.

Lesson is to take screenshots of any balances ... Regularly.

You can zero out balances for any reason. I had a straight forward qvc line with 1500/1500/1500 for one year that suddenly went to zero about 30 days in. Never stack never moved to another phone even. Also never took screenshots (maybe I can send in the original order conf) but now have 1000/1000/0 after no actual use. Since system texts still work it's ok and I just grin and bear it to unlock some remaining phones.

Lesson is to take screenshots of any balances ... Regularly.

Totally.

What I observed with the unlimited plan becoming the primary plan over the paygo buckets in remission was something that I think others had seen and maybe even put to good use for themselves since you could end up with forever minutes as long as your end date could stand it. I just wanted my pretty healthy buckets back. I didn't need no unlimited buckets. I was concerned that a future audit could see what happened and jeopardize it all. So many ways to lose your buckets.... it's Tracfone.

Another thing that I think some people do (I've done it) besides taking Screenshots (of website account, 611611 bal text and app) to protect your account is to deliberatly enter chat and ask the chat rep for a line balance (once everything is settled back to normal). Recently, I believe the reps will not give you the balance but if you ask them if you could tell them it and they could confirm they may agree. And if so then you could ask for a reference or ticket number and then screenshot it/copy paste all of the text into a text file (the hpham technique).

Maybe that is overkill. I forget to even take regular screenshots sometimes..

I guess I'm lucky as I don't normally delete any texts, especially important ones as I always had a weird feeling, "What if I need this as evidence?" like a store receipt.

In my case, I don't normally send to 611611 but I seen a buddy do it all the time and wanted to try it. I mainly used the My Account apps.

If I wouldn't have done that last month, my last screenshot was only 20GB, so I'd have no way to prove almost 4GB extra.

You'd figure that in 2024, a cellular company would have a database that essentially can plot your devices history & usage. Then they would be able to correct something faster than you could blink....

Yes every time I chat in on a line

"before we start, please confirm that your system shows my line xxx-yyy-zzzz has a Service End date of xx/yy/zzzz, x GBs, y Min and z Texts"

They never actually write these amounts, best I get is something like "yes that is correct"

Then before ending a chat, I ask that they send a transcript of the chat to my email (matching the login on MyAccount).

This last rarely happens, but I do also copy and paste to a logfile.

My favorite response so far before corporate called was "You musta used your 25GB up as I don't see any here."

Even as a frequent streaming user on my home Internet, 25GB in less than a week is still a tad challenging being my phone isn't 4k capable lol.

Ok finally everything is done. All lost data has been returned.

Hopefully with a brand new online account, I should be able to finally redeem my points once the 1k are no longer pending and I don't think it will try and link up to Net10 anymore as the email I used has no ties ever to Net10.

Also, I think it was already solved as once I removed the phone from the wonky Tracfone Account, immediately the Refill Transaction wiped away from the Net10.com account.

I noticed in the "My Support" section for my phone, when I first got it, it says "Cross Company" as the description but I don't know if that just means ported number. Though one agent originally said he sees Net10 lines on the account but they wouldn't delete.

A slight update. Tracfone called from the BBB complaint and told me to email my screenshot showing the 23.46GB.

How/where did you file the BBB complaint?

YaY!

I finally decided to take a chance and redeem a free month of service with points.

It went 1-2-3, with zero errors and no "Credit Card Declined" error like my old account.

Well I guess after all that, Tracfone still does questionable things.

I figured do a referral for a friend who was signing up for Tracfone right around when the issues in this thread started.

My code gave him 2500 points pending but gave me nothing what do ever.

I've Googled and found that various folks have ran in to the exact same issue.

Why does Verizon even continue to run the referral program after appearing to not want to honor it based on various HF & Reddit posts that I have been reading.

Well I guess after all that, Tracfone still does questionable things.

True dat. It's a sometimes strange and buggy operation.

Some forum members have recently complained about initally not receiving referral points and then the referral points showed up in their account a few days later.

If they don't show up I guess there is always TF Corp office/BBC/FCC route. I think there was another route that starts with the chat of all places where one asks to be referred to the loyalty rewards department or something like and then you get a call back.

But maybe in a few days the points (7k) will show up.

Well that was easier than I hoped.

I noticed that my email from the original issue said that you can call back if there any more issues.

An agent took my phone number & the referred number, verified it, then manually added the 7k points.

I just hated to see 7k points not appear as that’s over 3 months free of my service plan.

Also, it’s most likely the only referral that I will make as most folks I know like the non-prepaid companies or they don’t have consistent Internet access to do a referral. Some just have the Safelink phones and that’s all they want.

Last edited:
Back