Tracfone Rewards Program

Ad Above Message List

taxmantoo

HoFo Member
Well, it's November now.
Redemptions are still "Coming Soon".
All my points, except for 1 per dollar on airtime redemptions and 200 for signing up, are still pending not available.

Does anybody have available referral points yet?

I just checked and my referral points are still pending. It hasn’t been 60 days yet but soon will be. I will check then and see. I still don’t have the option to spend points.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
My rewards were available 60 days after earning them - the main ones being the referral code points, but more to trickle in from playing

games, etc...... I used them to redeem 500 minute airtime on a few lines.

Well, it's November now.
Redemptions are still "Coming Soon".
All my points, except for 1 per dollar on airtime redemptions and 200 for signing up, are still pending not available.

Does anybody have available referral points yet?

Yes, I have a ton of confirmed/available points now. It looks like referrals confirm right at the 60 day mark.

Edit: trek83, how were you able to redeem points for service? I don't see anywhere in the website or app during checkout that actually allows me to purchase anything with points. Plenty of times mentioning I can use points, but no way to actually use them.

Last edited:
Yes, I have a ton of confirmed/available points now. It looks like referrals confirm right at the 60 day mark.

Edit: trek83, how were you able to redeem points for service? I don't see anywhere in the website or app during checkout that actually allows me to purchase anything with points. Plenty of times mentioning I can use points, but no way to actually use them.

Do you not see when viewing the phone plans, at the bottom "Buy with x,xxx points"??? :cell:

Do you not see when viewing the phone plans, at the bottom "Buy with x,xxx points"??? :cell:

Yes, but clicking on it just gives information on rewards points and redeeming. It doesn't actually do anything besides bring up that text.

FkhHqt6.png

I had to use the “My Account app” on my phone. Pick your plan / add on > drop down menu shows options - pick reward points.

The Tracfone account on the web did not seem to function / have option to use reward points.

I had to use the “My Account app” on my phone. Pick your plan / add on > drop down menu shows options - pick reward points.

The Tracfone account on the web did not seem to function / have option to use reward points.

I'm not seeing this drop down menu on my end I guess. Latest app update. Under select a payment method, it only shows my credit card.

I'm not seeing this drop down menu on my end I guess. Latest app update. Under select a payment method, it only shows my credit card.

I didn’t actually redeem points, but I see the option:
(1) in the app, in the active account the second blue square under the phone number is “Buy Plan”
(2) clicking that I get 3 drop down menus n the 3rd is “Add Ons”
(3) expanding that gives several choices. I clicked on the $10 1 GB data card
(4) the next screen says “Buy with 1,000 Rewards Points”

Did you get past that without being able to redeem?

I didn’t actually redeem points, but I see the option:
(1) in the app, in the active account the second blue square under the phone number is “Buy Plan”
(2) clicking that I get 3 drop down menus n the 3rd is “Add Ons”
(3) expanding that gives several choices. I clicked on the $10 1 GB data card
(4) the next screen says “Buy with 1,000 Rewards Points”

Did you get past that without being able to redeem?

Right, I can get to #4 without issue. But what do you do next? Clicking on "Buy with 1,000 rewards points" does nothing. Clicking continue just brings me to payment methods, which reward points is not an option.

I have some points to blow but I'm hesitant to try this app that was only updated on 10/22. I'll wait until several people have gotten it to work without issue. It seems that new things at Tracfone usually have issues at first. following this thread

Right, I can get to #4 without issue. But what do you do next? Clicking on "Buy with 1,000 rewards points" does nothing. Clicking continue just brings me to payment methods, which reward points is not an option.

It appears you need to be "logged in" to the Rewards Points in addition to the My account app to be able to use them.

So first log in to the My Account app if you have not done so already and then press the downward arrow to the right of "reward points" near the top under My Account Summary. See image below.

It will then show available points and pending points and below that, a "My Rewards" link. Press that My Rewards link. It may then request that you log in. So log in and then you can go to buy plan, make your choice, and you should now have the points option to purchase.

View attachment 167105

Last edited:
It appears you need to be "logged in" to the Rewards Points in addition to the My account app to be able to use them.

So first log in to the My Account app if you have not done so already and then press the downward arrow to the right of "reward points" near the top under My Account Summary. See image below.

It will then show available points and pending points and below that, a "My Rewards" link. Press that My Rewards link. It may then request that you log in. So log in and then you can go to buy plan, make your choice, and you should now have the points option to purchase.

I followed exactly as you said, logged in through the my rewards button, but everything is exactly the same. At what point is using rewards points an option? What do you press or select to use rewards points?

I followed exactly as you said, logged in through the my rewards button, but everything is exactly the same. At what point is using rewards points an option? What do you press or select to use rewards points?

After you have logged in for the rewards (after first logging into the account), you then go to "Buy Plan". You can access Buy Plan by just pressing anywhere in that account area like in my screenshot. Then choose what you want. As an example, choose the $5 text card under add-ons which is under Buy Plans. Just press it and then press continue.

Then choose "no" if it asks for Credit card info, and then select Reward Points under "Select One" as your payment and continue.

There may be an easier way or different way to do this, but this way works for me. If I don't do this I don't see the points either.

After you have logged in for the rewards (after first logging into the account), you then go to "Buy Plan". You can access Buy Plan by just pressing anywhere in that account area like in my screenshot. Then choose what you want. As an example, choose the $5 text card under add-ons which is under Buy Plans. Just press it and then press continue.

Then choose "no" if it asks for Credit card info, and then select Reward Points under "Select One" as your payment and continue.

There may be an easier way or different way to do this, but this way works for me. If I don't do this I don't see the points either.

It's just not working for me I guess. Under payment methods I only see my credit card. I am on the android app though.

E5rfYzl.jpeg

I am on the android app though.

Yeah I'm seeing the same thing as you on my Android LG Rebel 4 which I don't normally use.

If I press Rewards on it it shows me the same as shown on the TF website under Redeem Points with nothing available (coming soon) to get yet. On iPhone if you go there it shows them as available in addition to it working as I described.

Yeah I'm seeing the same thing as you on my Android LG Rebel 4 which I don't normally use.

If I press Rewards on it it shows me the same as shown on the TF website under Redeem Points with nothing available (coming soon) to get yet. On iPhone if you go there it shows them as available in addition to it working as I described.

Haha mystery solved. Android app needs another update, not to mention their actual website.

As mentioned previously, my account app worked for me just as tomsys reported. App updates needed apparently. Glad you were able to make it work, Yuhfhrh.

As mentioned previously, my account app worked for me just as tomsys reported. App updates needed apparently. Glad you were able to make it work, Yuhfhrh.

Well, I don't have any iPhones so I'll just be twiddling my thumbs until TracFone updates the Android app and/or website.

Back