Tracfone Rewards Program

Ad Above Message List
If the account have multiple active lines and the referral code doesn't work at all, which phone number should be used for referral? Anyone knows?
There is a "primary line" on each MyAccount with multiple lines.

Usually just the first line there when the account was created.

When it gets deleted I dunno if it just goes to the next one added, but I have had CSRs tell me which is now "primary".

I dunno if that matters wrr referrals though, I thought any line in the MyAccount is supposed to work.

Personally I don't bother with RPs at all anymore, once all MyAccounts are cashed out I will start moving away from the whole TF dumpster fire, I think the masochistic dopamine fix has worn off

I can get them to show on my two smartphones, but I think they may have acquired TMFL privileges.

But even before one did, using the iOS my account app, I could always get them to show and buy them if a logged in and out a few times.

I just tried it now and it took 5 log in log outs for the basic paygo plans to show on this line.

yah I had one come up quick actually a couple days ago , the paygo, I guess it varies

it worked for me also maybe 3 days ago paygo came up quickly -- its always ymmv though...

Last edited:
That has happened to me. It seems TF tracks the activation date by IMEI. If the refurb phone was previously activated on TF then you get that message. When you activate a refurb you either get a "Welcome to TracFone..." text message or a "Welcome BACK to Tracfone..." If you get the Welcome BACK message you know the phone was previously activated on TF and that's what causes the problem.

It's not all bad news though. When I have encountered this I go to the tfwunlockpolicy website and request an unlock. I've gotten most of these unlocked within 2 or 3 days. It seems their unlocking system also uses the original activation date so if 60 days have passed since that date they will unlock it.

I have one iPhone that was originally activated on TF with T-Mobile and that phone won't unlock for a year. So sometimes it's really bad news. No referral points and a year of service before it unlocks...
I got that message about 14 days and got the welcome back to tracfone death message few days ago in activating a phone.

will check tf unlock on it update just looked and phone was already unlocked without even requesting a unlock lol..
thanks 5parky for info!

so sounds like the new rules are when you activate a refurb phone, if no reward pts wait a few days maybe a week to see if they show up before doing anything. and if you don't get points you can call corporate etc and fight I guess ..or just let it go hehe..

Last edited:
Refurb phones often are simply not eligible for AAL if that device already got used for that before.

They won't do anything for you manually in that case

Refurb phones often are simply not eligible for AAL if that device already got used for that before.

They won't do anything for you manually in that case
yah in old days seemed easier , they pretty much added points if you persisted and found the right agent, I have had some that they say they are not allowed to add points to when they try to add manually more recently ///

I just tested it on one of my accounts that had not reached one month yet. I clicked two shares, and I got one 50 point added thus far:

View attachment 174782

Perhaps this can be done sooner to accelerate the points.

Take a look at this. This is an account I haven't used in a long while that i posted earlier. So I'm starting with a fresh new month. I already have 3 social medias in less than 3 weeks and I bet I'll get another one before the month is up. It seems like it is giving 4 a month. I check it every day.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Take a look at this. This is an account I haven't used in a long while that i posted earlier. So I'm starting with a fresh new month. I already have 3 social medias in less than 3 weeks and I bet I'll get another one before the month is up. It seems like it is giving 4 a month. I check it every day.
Yup. More than makes up for them stiffing us on the survey.

My yesterday's referral also showed up. Is it becoming a new norm to have a scheduled batch update on the referrals, instead of instant update?
The referral system seems to be fixed for now. I've done a few referrals over the past couple of days and the points showed up immediately for me and my friends.

No luck for me either on the web site or iPhone app. I’ll keep checking. Good for you!

No luck for me either on the web site or iPhone app. I’ll keep checking. Good for you!

I just use the website with chrome browser.

If i get a 4th one, i'll post. TF is so flaky who knows whats going on.

The referral system seems to be fixed for now. I've done a few referrals over the past couple of days and the points showed up immediately for me and my friends.
I had one referral go through no problem couple days ago also-- yah hopefully stable for a while..

I also can't even reliably get two social shares a month to post. But if they are giving my extra one to tomseys I am ok with it. :)

How often do you get this?

This page isn’t working
rewards.tracfone.com redirected you too many times.
Try deleting your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

This page isn’t working
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

For me very rarely. I usually delete the cookies and it is fine after.

This page isn’t working
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

if I check to many things in one day I can get it- then delete cookies etc- or next day usually ok..

I am tending lately to just delete cookies every time I check a account lately...

doh I hate jinxing things 😮 (to paul)

wow its really getting hard to harvest and move the phones from one account to another
simple things.

seems like you can still remove lines and add them to another account ok.. but then it may lock you
from transfering the points..and putting the phone back you have to have a agent to add it back in.

but like today after removing a phone from on account and adding it in successfully the account seemed to lock up,
I couldn't spend the reward points on either line in the account, I couldn't use the points on either phone after that
its like the account was locked up. the other day that worked but today doh..
in fact the phone I moved in they claimed wasn't part of the rewards program lol, I tried every trick earlier
android ios online chat, manager line, they could no nothing. only a escalating to the reward dept fixed it
and actually he just manually deducted the points and added them to the phone I moved in. He couldnt fix it.

seems like they dont like us moving the phones around ...

then putting the phone back in the account after the harvest. you get error, have to call for that although
chat can handle that..

also I tried leaving a account empty adding reward days from anothe account and moving it back to the original account.
I can't get it back to the original account at all I gave up lol. tried every trick and online chat and manager line..
I know right manager can do a email verify and do it but sheesh so hard for just little things...

Last edited:
I just won 5 points on the wheel I can't believe it.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: PL1
With your social share bonanza and that win you may in six months be able to redeem for a text add on. Congratulations! Don't spend it all in one place.

Back