Transfer Movies / Cartoons from PC to iPhone XR by Sim card ?

trackVW

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
T -Mobile ATT Mint
Device(s)
Motorola and a LTE iPad
Hi

I have a bunch of old cartoons that are separate files that I would like to transfer to my Iphone XR ,

I have seen the adapter that takes an SD card , do they work ?

What file type do I need ? These are MP4

Is there an App that will help ?

Thanks for your help

First off, SD card nothing to do with SIM.

Personally I would reco just putting both devices on the same WiFi and using the app Feem to transfer wirelessly.

Plus a decent file manager, I like CX on Android.

Leave the filetype alone, VLC will play almost anything

Last edited:
Another option, if you have a Microsoft Onedrive account (such as if you have Office) is to copy the MP4 there and let it sync to the phone.

Another option, if you have a Microsoft Onedrive account (such as if you have Office) is to copy the MP4 there and let it sync to the phone.
Going over the internet will be a lot slower, and impractical with large files.

What I was talking about is free and a lot faster being local network only

Just throwing out options.

Hi

I have a bunch of old cartoons that are separate files that I would like to transfer to my Iphone XR ,

I have seen the adapter that takes an SD card , do they work ?

What file type do I need ? These are MP4

Is there an App that will help ?

Thanks for your help

does your computer have Bluetooth ??
you can transfer files via Bluetooth connections.

very slow

Using Feem between family devices, we transfer movie files 5-7GB at a time in just a few minutes, and do dozens all week long

5GHz WiFi using 802.11ac, often get Gigabit speeds, which is 500x faster than BT can handle

Hi , sorry I know its SD card not sim card, somehow my fingers screwed up :)

I do not think my computer has Bluetooth ,

the adapter went in the charging port and you could put an SD card in it ,

I will check out Feem ,

any other ideas ?

Thanks again

There are many apps and methods that allow for fast file transfers over WiFi between any combination of platform/OS devices.

Feem just happens to be what I have been using lately - Free and supports all three majors - iFruit, Android, Windows

Enable WiFiDirect if offered, can make things faster. Last night distributed a 17GB file to my kids, took about three minutes.

You can buy BT dongles for almost nothing for PCs. Plug in USB.
But if Feem works, that is cheaper and faster.

You can buy BT dongles for almost nothing for PCs. Plug in USB.
But if Feem works, that is cheaper and faster.

Be careful is my advice. Tried updating on my laptop from BT 4.0 to a BT 5.0 dongle. Screwed up all my USB ports they wouldn't recognize anything. Spent hours getting them working again.

Connect the phone to a computer via USB cable and synch the files you want to transfer.

Going over the internet will be a lot slower, and impractical with large files.

What I was talking about is free and a lot faster being local network only

True. Cloud-based solutions only work sometimes. and are no replacement for built-in storage (or an attached device as discussed). Or a local network. With mobile data as poor as it is now. Maybe in 10 years we will have a situation where there is high speed mobile data everywhere.

Be careful is my advice. Tried updating on my laptop from BT 4.0 to a BT 5.0 dongle. Screwed up all my USB ports they wouldn't recognize anything. Spent hours getting them working again.

Any change is always a possibility of risk. But I've not heard this one.

Back