US Mobile experiences?

Ad Above Message List

SoNic67

HoFo Member
How is the service quality on US Mobile, Warp 5G network?
I am tempted to port my number there.

Customer service quality is very good. If you mean service quality as far as signal, that's all dependent on what Verizon has in your area. Many areas still only have NW5G on Verizon and may likely never see UW5G even c-band. That's my area, I get NW5G which isn't much different then LTE. Maybe some can chime in that has c-band (n77) in their area.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
CS has been great & in my area Verizon signal is very good. No problems with billing. Data is cheap to add on if needed - $2 per GB. We have

4 lines on a Pooled plan & 4GB of data as a base amount ( add more if needed ) @ $46 per month - Not too shabby !

There is essentially no UW5G in SW Missouri, some of the NW5G, which is pretty much the same as LTE.

3 of 4 phones in our pool only have 4G LTE capability

I’m on the 100 day trial on a spare number,
It’s on a iPhone 14, so the testing is on the same phone, same time.
Always 2-3 times faster then my Verizon prepaid number.

I will be switching once all the credit is used up on my Verizon account.

US Mobile top test.
152ad44b4b5175469a999f2ec41843b3.jpg

I’m on the 100 day trial on a spare number,
It’s on a iPhone 14, so the testing is on the same phone, same time.
Always 2-3 times faster then my Verizon prepaid number.

I will be switching once all the credit is used up on my Verizon account.

US Mobile top test.
152ad44b4b5175469a999f2ec41843b3.jpg

What bands ?

I just switched to US Mobile. Don't know the bands, but I've had some amazingly fast speeds in metro Atlanta in limited testing. It's very location dependent though. (And boy did it gobble down the data, will need to watch that going forward.) My only issue so far is that I'm not getting Voicemail notifications, but it may be a phone issue.

I am looking to leave Total for US Mobile for two reasons:
1. No US eSIM support on Total.
2. US Mobile offers also international eSIM support. Sure, I can use different providers for that, like Airalo, but it would be convenient to have it from same vendor.

Been a happy US Mobile customer since 2021. Their pooled data plans are the best value. Where else can you get Verizon for $9 per line plus $2 per GB data? You can setup multiple pools like one for kids and one for parents. Or you can pool a single line as well.

My total cost for 6 lines with 10 GB pooled data is $76.88 per month including the $0.48 per line recovery fee. Plus the pooled data is unlimited at slower speeds after the pool runs out. I haven’t tested the slower speeds but it’s enough for iMessage, Navigation, Email, limited web browsing.

Been a happy US Mobile customer since 2021. Their pooled data plans are the best value. Where else can you get Verizon for $9 per line plus $2 per GB data? You can setup multiple pools like one for kids and one for parents. Or you can pool a single line as well.

My total cost for 6 lines with 10 GB pooled data is $76.88 per month including the $0.48 per line recovery fee. Plus the pooled data is unlimited at slower speeds after the pool runs out. I haven’t tested the slower speeds but it’s enough for iMessage, Navigation, Email, limited web browsing.

I'm a single user in the pooled plan. In addition, Hotspot is allowed. Good value and customer service. I wasn't aware data is unlimited (at a slower speed), thanks for pointing that out.

They use Verizon towers, so you're going to get Verizon service.

Their plans are honest, in that they tell you what the data limits are rather than falsely claiming that their plans are "unlimited" and then blocking you when you exceed an unadvertised amount.

They have reasonably priced plans for low volume data users (via the pooled plans - $9.00 per month + $2/gb) and for mid-high users (40-60GB plans). If you need more than that, however, you'd probably want to go with Visible or Cricket.

Their customer service is among the best I've seen - way better that any of the TF entities and even better than the major carriers. All of their agents are in Pakistan, but they seem to only use people who speak English nearly accent free and who seem to really understand what they're doing. If they can't resolve an issue, they will escalate you to someone who can.

On several occasions, after chatting with an agent, I've typed their names into Google and often find professional LinkedIn profiles featuring well-dressed individuals claiming degrees from business schools in Pakistan - which matches with the experience I had either on the phone or via chat.

U.S. Mobile also sells eSims for international data, but there are better deals out there from Airalo, Alosim (via stacksocial), Dent, Eskimo, 3HongKong, etc.

Considering US Mobile Premium or Visible+ for one line. I know Visible+ would be marginally cheaper for one line because of no taxes and fees, that's not my prime concern though, wanting to know if there would be any advantage quality/service wise to US Mobile.

Considering US Mobile Premium or Visible+ for one line. I know Visible+ would be marginally cheaper for one line because of no taxes and fees, that's not my prime concern though, wanting to know if there would be any advantage quality/service wise to US Mobile.

You'll have to check or someone else can chime in, but I don't think data is deprioritized on USM, at least on some plans.
Don't know about Visible+.
Also from what I read on here USM customer service with talking or chat with live agents is leaps and bounds above Visible.

When my kids were on USM, they felt their data was deprioritized. They were both on iPhone 11s, so did not have 5G. When I looked into it back then, I found information that said 5G data was not deprioritized but LTE was. But that was third or fourth hand, so you might want to confirm if your device is not 5G compatible.

We did find the customer service to be easy to work with.

When my kids were on USM, they felt their data was deprioritized. They were both on iPhone 11s, so did not have 5G. When I looked into it back then, I found information that said 5G data was not deprioritized but LTE was. But that was third or fourth hand, so you might want to confirm if your device is not 5G compatible.

We did find the customer service to be easy to work with.

Thanks. I think now that you mention 5G that was it. Not deprioritized on 5G. Whether that means NW5G or UW5G or either, I don't know.

I don't know about their tmobile service, but for verizon 5G devices get priority data, 4G devices do not. This might change when they launch their new plans, which is supposedlysoon. They were also asking recently if they should offer at&t service in addition to tmo and vz

More than two years now and mostly mostly still good. Nice app for the service too, but I believe it still needs some improvements.

The ceo just hinted on reddit that the new plans will come out August 1st

Back