US Mobile experiences?

ceo said less than 5% of those plan users actually used hotspot, I would tend to take his word for it.
Trading that for unlimited 1Mbps seems like a win to me

ceo said less than 5% of those plan users actually used hotspot, I would tend to take his word for it.

It would have been best if they kept original 10GB annual plan with hotspot and introduce new Unlimited flex plan.

Is US mobile financially sound? why keep changing plans?

If nobody is using it, why take it away? I need it for backup and for when I'm on the road. Even if I "top up" buy more data, I still don't get more hotspot. The limit is 5 gb no matter how much premium data you pay for.

Sounds like the new flex plan is a good deal for you. Not for everyone.

Is US mobile financially sound? why keep changing plans?
Experimenting with different pricing models is A Good Thing

Getting rid of unprofitable customer profiles / market segments is a sound marketing goal.

> It would have been best if they kept original 10GB annual plan with hotspot and introduce new Unlimited flex plan.

I completely agree, personally all data being hotspottable is a huge feature for me.

But then, the ideal would be a single plan framework that gives customers simplicity, ability to get what they need without paying for what they don't.

I like the way MobileX does it...

If nobody is using it, why take it away? I need it for backup and for when I'm on the road. Even if I "top up" buy more data, I still don't get more hotspot. The limit is 5 gb no matter how much premium data you pay for.

They aren't taking it away from existing customers on that plan. You are grandfathered into that plan and can keep using it.

I think bmtvaquero meant the "10 GB Plan" is no longer an option openly available.

They have good customer service. Why not just ask regularly?

If not:
https://old.reddit.com/r/USMobile/comments/1bn2e4m/free_trial_ending_and_the_10gb_plan_is_not_an/
Seeing as that was your plan of choice, I'll be more then happy to set it on AutoPay for you. DM'ed you for your details

"the next few weeks" is regarding the $20 monthly option.
(paid monthly — will be available in the next few weeks)
$20/month paid monthly (available in the next few weeks!)

It would seem that they have been trying to create products that are appealing to more people.
Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice
I would not assume malice in trying to cheat you.

Was thinking to move my Wife’s $15 T-Mobile connect line to USM’S gsm $10 line.

Doing the 30 day trial with a spare number and so far,

T-Mob, 5guc, SA button.

USM, haven’t seen 5guc yet, no SA button. and the killer, add on data, 100mb for $2, before it was 1gb.

Going to stick with T-Mob, and the Target discounts.

Does the Light Plan at $72 a year qualify for the 30 day free trial?

If you want to do the free trial, choose, get started for free, then when you’re about 3-4 days from the end of your 30 days change your plan to the one you want.

Was thinking to move my Wife’s $15 T-Mobile connect line to USM’S gsm $10 line.

Doing the 30 day trial with a spare number and so far,

T-Mob, 5guc, SA button.

USM, haven’t seen 5guc yet, no SA button. and the killer, add on data, 100mb for $2, before it was 1gb.

Going to stick with T-Mob, and the Target discounts.

Can you clarify what you mean by SA button?
Have you seen 5Guc on TMO itself wherever you used your phone?

Thx

Can you clarify what you mean by SA button?
Have you seen 5Guc on TMO itself wherever you used your phone?

Thx

SA> Stand alone

Seeing 5Guc on the TMO line, both lines are on the same device, so it’s not a hardware issue.

SA> Stand alone

Seeing 5Guc on the TMO line, both lines are on the same device, so it’s not a hardware issue.

Thanks. I figured SA was for stand alone, but thought stand alone is only still in limited areas. TMO may be different but I know Verizon is still only slowly getting it going. So does the phone on TM also have SA able to be enabled, but not on USM ? I've read as far as Verizon some phones have the button for SA but it doesn't do anything yet, just there for future use. iPhones I think.

Thanks. I figured SA was for stand alone, but thought stand alone is only still in limited areas. TMO may be different but I know Verizon is still only slowly getting it going. So does the phone on TM also have SA able to be enabled, but not on USM ? I've read as far as Verizon some phones have the button for SA but it doesn't do anything yet, just there for future use. iPhones I think.

Yea been seeing SA on TMO in certain areas, as you probably heard TMO is well ahead of Verizon on their tower updates.

When i was on Verizon PP, i got the SA button but never connected to it where i am.

At this point USM hasn’t enabled SA yet.

Yea been seeing SA on TMO in certain areas, as you probably heard TMO is well ahead of Verizon on their tower updates.

When i was on Verizon PP, i got the SA button but never connected to it where i am.

At this point USM hasn’t enabled SA yet.

Thanks again. YUP, heard Verizon is behind on this and getting their low freq 5G bands able to handle the capacity without an LTE fall back.

I have a few questions, before porting to US Mobile:

1. Can you track data usage on their website? I'd like to give someone else a phone, and monitor the data usage so I can add data as needed.
  2. How long does it take to port from another Verizon MVNO to their Verizon service (Tracfone, 4G phone)? What is the best way to do the port? website? phone? chat?
  3. With their $72 annual plan is that 1GB/mo or 12GB/year?
  4. Do I understand correctly that add-on data carries over indefinitely with their Verizon service?

Thanks in advance!

I have a few questions, before porting to US Mobile:

1. Can you track data usage on their website? I'd like to give someone else a phone, and monitor the data usage so I can add data as needed.
  2. How long does it take to port from another Verizon MVNO to their Verizon service (Tracfone, 4G phone)? What is the best way to do the port? website? phone? chat?
  3. With their $72 annual plan is that 1GB/mo or 12GB/year?
  4. Do I understand correctly that add-on data carries over indefinitely with their Verizon service?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes, web sight or app.
2. Minutes, if all info is correct.
3. 1 gb per month.
4. Not sure, heard only the next month.
You can go on chat and ask.

Since you’re porting in, take advantage of the first month free, then 4 days before end of the month switch to the plan you want.

If you have a Tracfone branded phone, the account # will be the IMEI,text NTP to 611611 for the transfer pin when you’re ready.

Having had my fill of TF antics I ported my last two lines over to US Mobile yesterday and don't regret it at all.

To many issues with TF these days and I don't want to risk losing my numbers.

I doubt it took 5 minutes per line to transfer.

@ phone-bob- make sure you're phone is unlocked

Thanks, kaZZoo!

If you have a Tracfone branded phone, the account # will be the IMEI,text NTP to 611611 for the transfer pin when you’re ready.
It's a BYOP (Verizon). What do I use for it?

@ phone-bob- make sure you're phone is unlocked
The phone is Verizon-branded, and passed Tracfone's whitelist check several years ago. Does that suffice, or does it need to be unlocked by Verizon? Does US Mobile have an IMEI checker?

Thanks!

Back