US Mobile experiences?

US Mobile may be messing-up. No showing any build-your-own plans on the site any more. "Pooled" plans, I do not understand. Have they offer a one-line for 1 GB and abundant amount of talk and text for no more than 10 dollars per 30 days? I did see the web page. Not completely clear.

With a pooled plan being $10 for unlimited T&T and 1 gb data and no fees or taxes, they don't need custom plans anymore.

These are the new pool options. $2/GB to add data if you reach your limit.

1GB $10
6GB $18
12GB $25
30GB $50. There are presets to increase by 10GB for $16 (e.g. 40GB $66, 50GB $82, 60GB $98, 70GB $114)

Add $8 for each additional line. So for me, 3 lines 12GB is $41/mo

With a pooled plan being $10 for unlimited T&T and 1 gb data and no fees or taxes, they don't need custom plans anymore.

and the custom plans combinations are still shown but very very difficult to find on the site. A web search does help to find them.

If you and @Gotadimple are talking about the pooled plan. It never had a $2.00 line fee.

/QUOTE]
Not the pooled plan, for me particularly it is the 1GB plan (not 10GB - my error). And yes the $2 fee is now bundled with the unlimited talk, text, and 1GB data.

These are the new pool options. $2/GB to add data if you reach your limit.

1GB $10
6GB $18
12GB $25
30GB $50. There are presets to increase by 10GB for $16 (e.g. 40GB $66, 50GB $82, 60GB $98, 70GB $114)

Add $8 for each additional line. So for me, 3 lines 12GB is $41/mo

I wonder if anyone can verify if the new pooled plans include unlimited throttled data at 1 mbps speeds after the high speed allotment is used up. The legacy pooled plans include unlimited throttled data although it was unofficial & I think it was slower than 1 mbps speeds.

I wonder if anyone can verify if the new pooled plans include unlimited throttled data at 1 mbps speeds after the high speed allotment is used up. The legacy pooled plans include unlimited throttled data although it was unofficial & I think it was slower than 1 mbps speeds.

If I recall, that question was asked and answered by a USM rep in the comments of the linked Reddit post above. Answer, No. The data is capped at whatever you buy. If I also recall correctly the reason was that the other plans that get the 1 mbps state the plan is sold as unlimited data. The pool is fixed.
Actually that's what I thought was the deal on the legacy pooled too.

I always add 1GB for $2 when I'm close to limit, so I never tested whether it would cut data off complete. Easy to add via app or website.

Last edited:
So cut off 100% not even 64kbps?

If you read through the latest Reddit posts it looks like it’s still the same unofficial policy that when your shared data runs out you’re throttled to around 100 kbps speeds which is enough to check email & send iMessage texts. I’ll let everyone know what my experiences are because I’m switching to the new shared plans in about a week.

If you read through the latest Reddit posts it looks like it’s still the same unofficial policy that when your shared data runs out you’re throttled to around 100 kbps speeds which is enough to check email & send iMessage texts. I’ll let everyone know what my experiences are because I’m switching to the new shared plans in about a week.

I can confirm it looks like the unofficial policy of allowing unlimited slow data on pooled accounts continues under the new pricing structure. So far my kids have racked up 2GB of slow data after the 6GB high speed bucket was used up. I have not topped up at all this month. Good enough for iMessage & email.
d0f6a2cd0b2b66cd43ded16ed2cc121f.jpg

I can confirm it looks like the unofficial policy of allowing unlimited slow data on pooled accounts continues under the new pricing structure. So far my kids have racked up 2GB of slow data after the 6GB high speed bucket was used up. I have not topped up at all this month. Good enough for iMessage & email.

Interesting thanks. That contradicts what was said by a USM rep in the Reddit discussion right after the new plans were announced.

Maybe they say it to discourage going over. Most people would likely top up before hitting the plan limit.

Wow! That's great, haasfamily! I sure hope that continues for all users of that plan!

Back