us mobile, visible or total???

macdole99

Carrier(s)
simple mobile
Device(s)
dell venue
Hey guys im moving from at&t prepaid to Verizon prepaid i have 8 lines to move, im looking for unlimited. any recommendations on which company to go with. i here good and bad about all three but would like some opinions. hows the porting process? thanks in advance

US Mobile, $200 tax included, unlimited w/5gb hotspot.

And, depending on data and hotspot usage, theres a whole lot of scenarios to lower or increase the cost.

I’d stay away from Total.

Visible, you would have to go on their premium package to get the service you would get with US.

We need more information to offer advice. What is the exact make/model phone that you are using? Where do you use the phone (State/city)? Is it 3G/4G/5G?

Thanks for the reply, it will be 7 Iphones and 1 pixel the state is Atlanta,GA and id prefer 5g but 4g is fine. never really noticed the difference.

IMHO, No brainer, US Mobile.

I'm assuming you already did your research and have Verizon service in your area and your phones are compatible.

IMHO, No brainer, US Mobile.

I'm assuming you already did your research and have Verizon service in your area and your phones are compatible.

yes Verizon service checked out well. i have at&t now but everyone now wants unlimited data so i thought i could find cheaper. and tmobile coverage is spotty where i live. just curious whats the problem with visible and total?

yes Verizon service checked out well. i have at&t now but everyone now wants unlimited data so i thought i could find cheaper. and tmobile coverage is spotty where i live. just curious whats the problem with visible and total?

You can answer your own question, depending on your answer.

Do you want to,
Pay less for better service
Or
Pay more for lesser service.

I suggest you sit down with a pen and paper and do the math across all three.

My suggestion is based on actually testing US and Visible, since i’m on Verizon Prepaid no need to test Total, since it’s basically the same.

US beat Visible and Verizon prepaid hands down.

The end of this month i’l be moving to US Mobile.

Also a key question is what do you consider unlimited? You much data historically have you used on all 8 phones combined and what speed do you expect. Keep in mind there's no such thing as unlimited high speed data.

You mentioned you heard bad about all 3, what was the bad about US Mobile? I have yet to see any negatives that come to mind.

You can answer your own question, depending on your answer.

Do you want to,
Pay less for better service
Or
Pay more for lesser service.

I suggest you sit down with a pen and paper and do the math across all three.

My suggestion is based on actually testing US and Visible, since i’m on Verizon Prepaid no need to test Total, since it’s basically the same.

US beat Visible and Verizon prepaid hands down.

The end of this month i’l be moving to US Mobile.

I don't think this is a fair assessment.

To start, Visible+ and US Mobile plans both include priority data. There is zero difference in service in this regard. Data speeds etc will be the same up to a certain data allotment usage. This is probably the only similarity.

Between the two, only Visible offers truly unlimited data as it's a carrier owned brand with owner economics. US Mobile cannot and does not offer truly unlimited data. So a question for the OP is how much data do their lines really need? If it's more than 50gb - 100gb a line (the two highest full speed data allotments supported by US Mobile) then Visible is the clear choice. Otherwise, OP can find savings with US Mobile.

And what about hotspot? If unlimited or more than 50GB of hotspot is needed, Visible is the winner since unlimited hotspot is offered although speeds are capped at 5Mbps.

What about handsets? Are any new ones going to be needed? Visible will periodically have better deals on devices.

For customer support, US Mobile is going to come out on top here. And US Mobile seems to have better user controls and account dashboard, but I haven't tried it myself.

I'm not sure there's a big need to compare Total by Verizon here but there are some benefits to it. But Visible by Verizon is generally going to be better option.

I do actually have an in depth article comparing the three brands.

I don't think this is a fair assessment.

To start, Visible+ and US Mobile plans both include priority data. There is zero difference in service in this regard. Data speeds etc will be the same up to a certain data allotment usage. This is probably the only similarity.

Between the two, only Visible offers truly unlimited data as it's a carrier owned brand with owner economics. US Mobile cannot and does not offer truly unlimited data. So a question for the OP is how much data do their lines really need? If it's more than 50gb - 100gb a line (the two highest full speed data allotments supported by US Mobile) then Visible is the clear choice. Otherwise, OP can find savings with US Mobile.

And what about hotspot? If unlimited or more than 50GB of hotspot is needed, Visible is the winner since unlimited hotspot is offered although speeds are capped at 5Mbps.

What about handsets? Are any new ones going to be needed? Visible will periodically have better deals on devices.

For customer support, US Mobile is going to come out on top here. And US Mobile seems to have better user controls and account dashboard, but I haven't tried it myself.

I'm not sure there's a big need to compare Total by Verizon here but there are some benefits to it. But Visible by Verizon is generally going to be better option.

I do actually have an in depth article comparing the three brands.

You left out a couple important comparisons,
Price point,
All US Mobile plans include 5g UW, Visible does not.

deprioritized.
between Verizon prepaid and Visible, on a 14 pro max, at the same time, some times Visible became unusable. I even quit the free trial early.

On US Mobile 100 day free trial, was solid and never fell below Verizon prepaid.

between Verizon prepaid and Visible, on a 14 pro max, at the same time, some times Visible became unusable. I even quit the free trial early.
Yep the depri on the base plan can be a deal breaker in congested areas. I stopped using before my month of testing was up too. It's noticeably worse than even Tracfone for me.

Will be switching my daily driver over to US Mobile when my annual ATT Prepaid plan expires.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using HoFo mobile app

Also a key question is what do you consider unlimited? You much data historically have you used on all 8 phones combined and what speed do you expect. Keep in mind there's no such thing as unlimited high speed data.

You mentioned you heard bad about all 3, what was the bad about US Mobile? I have yet to see any negatives that come to mind.
Yes, the term "unlimited" really should just not be used, at all.

For most people 50+ GB at high speed is more than enough.

We use 600-800GB on average but going over 1TB likely triggers "abuse" cancelations.

Visible is great for that, but speeds can become unusable during times of congestion so we don't use that for primary daily driver lines.

You left out a couple important comparisons,
Price point,
All US Mobile plans include 5g UW, Visible does not.

deprioritized.

On US Mobile 100 day free trial, was solid and never fell below Verizon prepaid.
I specifically mentioned Visible+ in my post because it is priority data and it does include UW. For the record, even the base Visible plan has UW access. Many users have confirmed this. However, it is only c-band access, not mmWave and data speeds are capped at 200Mbps. This base plan does not have any priority data, but wasn't referencing this one in my previous post anyway.

And yes, Visible's trial plan doesn't include priority data so you may see a difference in trial plans in congested areas.

Also a key question is what do you consider unlimited? You much data historically have you used on all 8 phones combined and what speed do you expect.

We'll really need to wait till the OP answers this.

We'll really need to wait till the OP answers this.

Hey guys most of my family doesnt uses as much data as they think myself i use 20 gb a month and thats on the high

side out of the 8 lines 6 use 25gb a month the others use closer to 35gb and heavy facetime use from all

thanks

Hey guys most of my family doesnt uses as much data as they think myself i use 20 gb a month and thats on the high

side out of the 8 lines 6 use 25gb a month the others use closer to 35gb and heavy facetime use from all

thanks

How much of that do you figure is using a phone as a hot spot ?

I have Visible and like it, but I would probably go with US Mobile if I had more than one line. Managing 8 lines with 8 different logins on Visible gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Back