Videotron SIM card

darac2

HoFo Member
Where can I get Videotron SIM card? I'm from Croatia and I need it to activate my iPhone. iPhone is locked. I just need it to activate it and that's it. I'm using is for developing purposes. Nobody knows how to unlock it.

You can simply go to a Videotron store to get a SIM card (if you are in Quebec), or I think buy one online through their team. But that isn't going to fix your unlocking issue.

You can simply go to a Videotron store to get a SIM card (if you are in Quebec), or I think buy one online through their team. But that isn't going to fix your unlocking issue.

I'm from Croatia, that's a problem :/
I don't need it unlocked only activated so I can use apps on it. Right now iPhone is locked on SIM and I need to activate it

I'm from Croatia, that's a problem :/
I don't need it unlocked only activated so I can use apps on it. Right now iPhone is locked on SIM and I need to activate it

From Croatia or in Croatia?

I don't think being from Croatia is a problem. Being in Croatia with a Canadian Videotron locked iPhone definitely would be a problem though.

From Croatia or in Croatia?

I don't think being from Croatia is a problem. Being in Croatia with a Canadian Videotron locked iPhone definitely would be a problem though.

From and in. But I need it just to activate iphone so I can continue using it without SIM

From and in. But I need it just to activate iphone so I can continue using it without SIM

How does Videotron help you if you have a locked device and aren't in this country? Or are you saying the device is SIM locked to Videotron?

iPhone is locked to Videotron and asking SIM just to activate it so I can pass activation process and get to home screen.

So was this iPhone bought in Croatia?

Nop, not stolen. iCloud is unlocked. Bought via eBay. It was working fine until I reset the settings on phone.

Sounds like phone is SIM locked and needs unlocking.

Yep, that's right and that's why I need Videotron SIM just to activate it so I can use is without SIM

Then I'm sure you can buy a Sim on eBay.

I tried and was looking all over I could think of, couldn't find it anywhere, that's why I came here for help

Yep, that's right and that's why I need Videotron SIM just to activate it so I can use is without SIM

Even if you get a Videotron SIM is it going to need Videotron cell signal to activate, or will it do that over wifi?

Over WiFi. I managed to find person who will send me SIM, I hope it's gonna work :)

Last edited:
I am glad you were able to find someone who is willing to send you any used/new Sim card for you to activate it so you can use it. I am not from Quebec or else I would have also helped you out. Had you needed a Sim card from a Canadian National Provider.

I paid for it, of course, it was problematic to find someone who wanted to sell it. I'm using my iphone just for programming and testing, so that's fine :D

I paid for it, of course, it was problematic to find someone who wanted to sell it. I'm using my iphone just for programming and testing, so that's fine :D

Hrmmmm... So difficult to find a used iPhone in Croatia? No one in Europe has iPhones for sale?

Oooookay.

Back