We just switched from vBulletin to Xenforo

I'm glad they kept the reply content in the notification email. Some forums im on using this software just send you an email informing a reply has been posted but don't include the actual text of the reply. Annoying to have to go back to the site to read all replies.

Also, how to distinguish which threads in a forum have unread posts.

If I understood correctly, if you click "Mark Forums Read" it will then unbolden everything and I believe start fresh like that - it will rebolden when there is a new post.

Capture.JPG

new.JPG

I just observed it and it does seem to work properly now.

Someone (Boz1) posted in the T-mobile section as evidenced in the "Latest Posts" section and the T-mobile section became bold.

Capture.JPG

So then I went there and clicked the post and read it when I left and returned to the main page the T-mobile section was no longer bolded.

new.JPG

Before having marked all forums read, some forum sections would not unbold for me no matter how many threads in a forum section I read (including apparently all I could find) with just generally inconsistent behavior across sections so marking them all read may be a way to reset it and get it working normally.

Last edited:
Just added some Avatars. Check them out and let me know if there are any problems. I plan on adding the US MVNO avatars after everything is working.

Just added some Avatars. Check them out and let me know if there are any problems. I plan on adding the US MVNO avatars after everything is working.
Can't seem to find where to change the avatar in the Settings. :rolleyes:

It's under Settings -> Account details. But I don't see any option other than "keep current avatar".
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.36.25 PM.png

I think you should be able to change avatars in "Account details" and also maybe edit it through the current avatar image but I'm also not seeing the option atm.

Capture.JPG

c94f27487982e27b2d29c995ae24a71a.jpg

That seems to refer to a custom avatar as part of a premium membership and not a variety of stock avatars to be used by general members... if I'm not mistaken.

It's there now in Account Details...

Capture.JPG

The function was disabled while Howard was adding some stock avatars. I've turned it back on.

Try a different internet browser to determine if you are missing options. I was having a similar problem using MS Edge and switched to the Google browser which made the option easily available. I don't know why it made a difference; it just did for me.

Should the green bar at the top be in motion all the time? Same for the 3 vertical green bars at the top right.

1713554298520.png

Seems to happen if I click on a page element like someone's avatar or name.

Should the green bar at the top be in motion all the time? Same for the 3 vertical green bars at the top right.

View attachment 174615

Seems to happen if I click on a page element like someone's avatar or name.

I don't see that using the website on a windows 10 laptop with Chrome browser.

If I click (or even rest the mouse cursor) on a name or avatar there is a pop up.

Last edited:
^^Maybe it's firefox, or ubo, or a combination.

I'm not seeing it on Firefox with UBO either. But maybe it's something else.

You are seeing green? I see either blue or black (hofo dark) on top.

Here is what i see on FF w/ ubo active with hofo default color scheme and clicking on a username on win 10 laptop (up to date):

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
<shrug> Maybe it's one of the about:config settings. This FF install is quite old and has seen many upgrades.

Btw, I don't run chrome here, vivaldi is about as close to a chromium based browser as it gets.

Back