We just switched from vBulletin to Xenforo

Ad Above Message List
It seemed to reverse the order of the thread but it doesn't stick and doesn't affect other threads.
Yeah it sill just goes to the beginning for me. Oh well.

Which broswer and device do you use just curious.

It seemed to reverse the order of the thread but it doesn't stick and doesn't affect other threads.
Yeah it sill just goes to the beginning for me. Oh well.

Which broswer and device do you use just curious.
I can't find any setting on either site, and a brief search showed up nothing. Howard Forum has a "What's New" "New Posts" or :"Latest Activity", but it would require a couple of extra clicks. Tivocommunity has a "jump to Latest" upper right, that takes you to the latest posts, but skips the new messages.

With new messages in a forum, both this site and tivocommunity work perfect for me. I select the subjest, and it goes to the next oldest unread message.

I mostly use this the latest post list .. .it's just one click and goes to last post.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
If I wanted to see all of the posts on HF, I would do that. But I am only watching the TF forum. (And recently this forum due to the change.) As I said, when there are new posts in a thread, it works fine. It is only if I want to look something up I have to select the last page and page down to the end.

Yeah that makes sense. I usually dont even look at the forums and just glance at that. Seems to work for me for the most part.
Sometimes I use the search . That can be fun.

If I wanted to see all of the posts on HF, I would do that. But I am only watching the TF forum. (And recently this forum due to the change.) As I said, when there are new posts in a thread, it works fine. It is only if I want to look something up I have to select the last page and page down to the end.

I posted a thread there:

Added: oh man I'm so done with this topic lol :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
Is the 'front' page with news updates going to make a return? I think it was /content.php

Is the 'front' page with news updates going to make a return? I think it was /content.php
That feature is not supported natively. Maybe in the future through a third-party add-on.

Yeah I think it would be better if it went to the end by default when thread is read because sometimes you want to post in the thread later and may want to quote previous post etc and meanwhile there are no new posts so instead of being taken to the end of what you have read already you are taken to the top and need another click for the page and a scroll down.

You can click on the date instead of thread title and it will take you there in one click but seems it would be better the other way.

Capture.JPG

You can click on the date instead of thread title and it will take you there but seems it would be better the other way.
Good to know. I was looking for another way to get to the end. Since that is BEFORE selecting the subject line, I was missing the option. I was looking for a way AFTER selecting the subject line.

That feature existed in the previous version of the forum, but was reserved for Premium Members. Given that the old avatar library didn't move over, we've allowed custom avatars for all.
Well, I'm all in on that choice.

Another nitpick, and not a big one, are the email notifications you get about the threads you're following, to announce a new post. The vBulletin version gave you the sub-forum name and thread title (like a path name). XenForo (as configured currently) just gives the thread title. I rarely use the link in the email message to go directly to the post. Typically I use the notification as an excuse to just go to the forum (via browser), log on, and look up the referenced thread, and all the other stuff I'll find along the way. That approach might be difficult if I got notified about an old thread I didn't remember the name of the sub-forum the thread/post was contained in.

^^Interesting... I can see the added value of having which subforum the reply was posted in.

I do want to thank the site operators for not including tracking links in the email. Or maybe they're there but my email is set to block all external html elements anyway. I'm mainly referring to the link to read the response.

Here's another more recent post about that at xenforo:

Tivocommunity must have modified it somehow. Meanwhile though it behaves for me there just like the default. All devices i have go to first post on thread when read. Maybe it's my wifi lol. I cleared the cookies and cache. Only other thing is i'm a new poster/member there... a day old.

Ah... i think i really figured it out.

There is this here:

Capture.JPG

This is what i have by default as a new member.

If i click that original view, then it works perfectsly always going to the last post. The default view is a beta nested view.

I should tell them.

new.JPG

• Love
If i click that original view, then it works perfectsly always going to the last post. The default view is a beta nested view.
I forgot about that option. Since it was beta, I figured it had to be actively selected. Good find! I turned that nested view off as soon as I tried it. Terrible.💩

Yup, you're right. If I change the tivocommunity.com forum to nested view, and I click on the read subject, it jumps to the first post. If I change it back to original view, it jumps to the last post.

I wonder if that relates to the behavior on this site. Maybe it is the default behavior for new subscribers to the Xenfro software.

If you belong to that XenForo forum, you should mention it them as well!

I was going to but their default behavior is going to first post with read thread just like here. It is the way the software is supposed to behave based on checking it and threads there discussing it. I don't know about this beta nested view thing ... might it be a tivocommunity thing just like how they got read threads to go to last post? Maybe it's their modifications?

I was going to but their default behavior is going to first post with read thread just like here. It is the way the software is supposed to behave based on checking it and threads there discussing it . I don't know about this beta nested view thing ... might it be a tivocommunity thing just like how they got read threads to go to last post? Maybe it's their modifications?
Reading the threads, their admin does seem to think it is the normal expected behavior. You might be right, maybe TCF modified it.

Back