What do you think of the new plans on NET10?

Tim-of-NC

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
T-Mobile
Device(s)
iPhone 13 pro
http://www.net10wireless.com/#/plans

New 30 Day Plan

$25 1000 minutes

New Individual unlimited plans

$40 Unlimited Talk / Text/ Data 500 mb of full speed data

$60 Unlimited Talk / Text/ Data 3.5 gb of full speed data

$75 Unlimited Talk / Text/ Data 5.0 gb of full speed data

New Family Plan

$75 2 people Unlimited Talk / Text/ Data 500 mb of full speed data

Last edited:
You had me worried- I was afraid they were getting rid of my current $50/mo "un"limted plan!

It's definitely a good idea. Different price points for people who use different amounts of data. I think I'll stay with the $50 2.5GB myself. It's the right amount for the data I use. (I'm on Wi-Fi a lot of the time.)

As an H2O user H2O already has a $25 monthly plan with the same amount of minutes as net10 $25 plan. H2O also has $30 with the same amount of stuff that comes with $40 plan (unless it is unlimited throttled data after 500MB) Other than that they look solid.

Other than the $75 plans, I thought I was looking at Metro PCS. Pretty much matches what is out there. If Simple Mobile stops charging $13 for their SIM, their $25 plan is a really good one, too.

Other than the $75 plans, I thought I was looking at Metro PCS. Pretty much matches what is out there. If Simple Mobile stops charging $13 for their SIM, their $25 plan is a really good one, too.

You can buy simple mobile sims cheap on ebay or amazon.

I am a big fan of the $25 plan. I bounce btw it, the $50 plan and Virgin Mobile. I would now use the $25 plan and $40 plan. I wonder if the company will address the ST $30 plan? You get more for your money on the N10 $25 plan.

I am a HUGE fan of just spelling out high speed data allotments. I think that's much neater and will create less frustration for all parties involved. The $25/1000 minute plan is also a very nice price point. Hmm, wonder if my $25/750min PIN will get bumped up to the new 1000 minute plan. It came with a phone bundle deal so it's just been put away since I haven't had a need for it.

As an H2O user H2O already has a $25 monthly plan with the same amount of minutes as net10 $25 plan. H2O also has $30 with the same amount of stuff that comes with $40 plan (unless it is unlimited throttled data after 500MB) Other than that they look solid.

Their website states unlimited data on all of the unlimited talk/text monthly plans. The data caps are for high-speed data, according to the website...all plans should get unlimited throttled data after they hit the high-speed cap.

will the new plans be online only or come out where you can buy them at walmart or bestbuy?

New 30 Day Plan

$25 1000 minutes

New Family Plan

looks likes net10 has aio and gophone customers in ther sights.

will the new plans be online only or come out where you can buy them at walmart or bestbuy?

Callingmart.com now has the new $25 & $40 dollar plans for sale. I also saw a new $25 plan card at one of my local walmart stores a couple of days ago.

That $40 plan looks tempting. I use quite a few voice minutes and am a moderate texter. Heck, unltd talk n text for $40/month is not that outrageous alone. Throw in the 500mb of unthrottled data and that makes for a competitive deal. Plus, even if I go over 500mb, the throttled data will still keep my phone up to date with the calendar, weather, email and PIM stuff.

I wonder how much they are gonna charge for the Moto G? This would be an awesome fit. I really want one from Verizon prepaid. God only knows how long it will be until the N10 version is released?! :befuddled

2 Person family plan $75

The $75 family plan data does not work at all no internet ......not even 3g or 4g I just wasted money on it for me and my husband we always do the $90 and at the store we go to didn't offer that plan anymore so we got the $75and just text and calls that's all we get ..unless on wifi......we have iphones 4 and 4s smfh time for a new company .................. :devil::doh:

The 75 plan uses the old att.mvno settings and not the new tfdata.... Me and my wife went through this... We had to jailbreak and change the apn's to get mms. The rep told me that they were switching everyone back to the old att.mvno apn eventually.

Sent with the HoFo App

I am currently on the $50 plan, if I switch to the $40 plan am I able to go back to the $50 at a later time?

Yes, whenever your month is up just activate a new PIN like normal. Nothing fancy or no tricks involved.

I've gotten somewhat mixed perceptions on what is happening with Net10's current plans.

I was looking at getting the 2 line $90/mo Family Plan, the one that comes with 2.5GB of data and then throttled. Is this going to remain? I'm not finding the service PINs for the $90 plan any where. Is Net10 making this plan to where it is only available directly from Net10? Or are they slowly trying to move everyone over to the 2 person $75/mo plan?

The $75/mo plan might be alright. I like the idea of having unlimited data, even if it is throttled. For me, 2GB of data for $7.50/mo is a better deal. I don't do a lot with data, but occasionally I will have need for high speed data, mostly I just check sports scores and twitter feeds, which don't require a ton of data.

New 30 Day Plan

$25 1000 minutes

New Family Plan

I just hope Straight Talk does not follow them down this rocky road. Very sad.

Sent with the HoFo App

I just hope Straight Talk does not follow them down this rocky road. Very sad.

Sent with the HoFo App
The old $50 plan including the family plan discount is still available. Why is having more options a "rocky road"?

Back